Serious question about umbrellas (don't mock)

cooked

1 hour ago, norrska said:

Here you go.....note, use snow tires if you plan on using in the winter.

I don't think that western fishing gear has caught on in Thailand as yet.

Waterproof boots for the muddy trips to the market in the wet season and a fishing umbrella for those rainy occasions. I had the same fishing umbrella in England for 30 years. How I wish I had brought it to Pattaya all those years ago; very handy. 

9 hours ago, norrska said:

why not buy a high quality pair....or you could always make your own military-quality ho chi minh sandals from tire rubber

image.png.87dec971c47a9ae56329190e9cb5d9bf.png

Amazing we should aspire to footwear worn by peasants. I suppose that's what is described as minimalism.

1 hour ago, cooked said:

Serious answer anyone?

1 hour ago, cooked said:

I really must get that roof fixed.

Are you aware of a shop that sells umbrellas for swimming?

I sometimes go swimming in the sea. (Wanna use umbrella to keep dry while swimming)

11 hours ago, norrska said:

why not buy a high quality pair....or you could always make your own military-quality ho chi minh sandals from tire rubber

image.png.87dec971c47a9ae56329190e9cb5d9bf.png

I had a pair of them in Bolivia in 1965...popular with the campesinos and uncomfortable but their lives were pretty miserable in the best of times...I was a surfer boy from California and was proud of my new 'huaraches' until an associate advised that it was inappropriate for a young man with great expectations to be seen wearing them...especially a gringo...'you make jest of the traditional footwear of our indigenous population...' etc

Does anyone know if its unlucky to open an umbrella indoors when in Thailand?, or is this only a farang thing?

If its only farang, and you open an umbrella while in Thailand, does bad luck still apply? What if you open Umbrella inside the house while is U.S , or U.K  then travel to Thailand? Does the bad luck travel with you or does the bad luck stay behind in U.S/U.k (because it does not have a passport or visa to travel outside the country) 

Edited by meltingpot2015