Hiv medication for European with work permit

Again it is all based on geography and whom you are having sex with. The only reason you would be interested in this is if you are an epidemiologist or researcher. If you do a little more research you will find that-

#1 These articles you guys keep reaching for are quite old and things have moved on.

#2 The subtype B has been reclassified because it was misclassified and the reason for it being prevalent and more easily transmitted in the heterosexual community is unknown and apparently no one feels it necessary to research this more.

#3 Again your strain of HIV is immaterial and based largely on geography and sexual practices. The vast majority of people in Thailand have no idea of their HIV genotype because it is an expensive procedure and completely unnecessary, unless you have treatment failure or are in a research program.

So can anyone enlighten me as to why this is important?

What is important is regular HIV testing for  all sexually active people, no excuses just get it done. Those who are positive must adhere to their treatment to stay healthy and stop the spread of HIV. If you are going to engage in transactional sex protect yourself with condoms and or PrEP.

This nonsense of armchair epidemiology clouds the fact that HIV numbers in Thailand are not great and the change has to start with you. 

Oh sorry I have quoted myself...oops but you can guess what I meant.

On point #2 surely you meant subtype E?

It is relevant. The misinformation which is in the public domain makes it relevant.

• You can't catch HIV by having "normal" sex.
• Its a gay/junkie issue. We're ok.
• The odds are stacked in your favour if you have sex with a girl only by vaginal intercourse even if she is a prostitute. Its something like 233-1.

These kind of things are said everyday in the bars in Thailand, UK, US etc. Most people don't know that is a little bit more complicated than that. There is still a huge amount of people that are ignorant on how you get this awful virus, and how the variables and odds change if you expose yourself to reckless and dangerous situations.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, SoNowWhat said:

Again it is all based on geography and whom you are having sex with. The only reason you would be interested in this is if you are an epidemiologist or researcher. If you do a little more research you will find that-

#1 These articles you guys keep reaching for are quite old and things have moved on.

#2 The subtype B has been reclassified because it was misclassified and the reason for it being prevalent and more easily transmitted in the heterosexual community is unknown and apparently no one feels it necessary to research this more.

#3 Again your strain of HIV is immaterial and based largely on geography and sexual practices. The vast majority of people in Thailand have no idea of their HIV genotype because it is an expensive procedure and completely unnecessary, unless you have treatment failure or are in a research program.

What is important is regular HIV testing for  all sexually active people, no excuses just get it done. Those who are positive must adhere to their treatment to stay healthy and stop the spread of HIV. If you are going to engage in transactional sex protect yourself with condoms and or PrEP.

This nonsense of armchair epidemiology clouds the fact that HIV numbers in Thailand are not great and the change has to start with you. 

Oh sorry I have quoted myself...oops but you can guess what I meant.

Oh yes sorry E...how can I change that?

#2 The subtype E has been reclassified because it was misclassified and the reason for it being prevalent and more easily transmitted in the heterosexual community is unknown and apparently no one feels it necessary to research this more.

#3 Again your strain of HIV is immaterial and based largely on geography and sexual practices. The vast majority of people in Thailand have no idea of their HIV genotype because it is an expensive procedure and completely unnecessary, unless you have treatment failure or are in a research program.

What is important is regular HIV testing for  all sexually active people, no excuses just get it done. Those who are positive must adhere to their treatment to stay healthy and stop the spread of HIV. If you are going to engage in transactional sex protect yourself with condoms and or PrEP.

So he is a foreigner but can get into Thailand with Hiv?  Isn't that one the few tests a foreigner has to submit results for when applying for retirement visas?  So that doesn't happen for work permits and other types of visas? 
Absolutely not. There are no requirements for HIV testing related to entry in Thailand, extension of stay of any type, or employment. (Unless an individual employer opts to require it. Not needed for visa or work permit).

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 6/7/2018 at 8:25 PM, theguyfromanotherforum said:

So he wasn't gay. I think people are interested because there are some dangerous posters here who claim HIV is impossible to catch with prostitutes basically.

No,100% straight.

On 6/11/2018 at 10:29 AM, geriatrickid said:

Sound advice. The NHS has competent experienced professionals who can help the patient successfully manage the infection and turn it from a certain death into a managed chronic disease.

Unfortunately, the 20% is for all of Bangkok. If one were to look at the key farang sex districts, the % would be higher.

There was a testing program, but that fell by the wayside. Successive budget cuts.

There was support and interest when the WHO, USA and some EU countries provided the funds.

It was a pink booklet  ?

You are not qualified to offer an assessment of the factors involved in the transmission of a communicable disease. The common transmission mechanism of the virus is known and the common attachment points are known. Your "theory" was dismissed because it was based upon your personal supposition and not supported by clinical evidence.  Contracting an infectious disease involves an interplay of multiple factors. However, it's rather obvious that those who serro convert subsequent to contact with a carrier in places like Pattaya, are distinguished by their damaged immune systems due to smoking, drinking in excess, recreational drug use, age, underlying medical condition and concurrent STIs. It's a game of odds where the odds are in favour of the infection when the subject  has a high risk lifestyle.

YOUR info is BIG PHARMA pushing governments with sponsored research, so the fact that it seems highly unlikely I survived close to 750+ girls sexually without ever acquiring the virus, that I am somehow immune, as I have not used any condom for any sexual contact with at-risk females in one-night stands is ludicrous.  You are not qualified, as you listen only to what NIH and most government research sponsored by BIG PHARMA want you to believe.  The world's weakest retrovirus causing AIDS is not believable.  Whether I am qualified or not with other education and research I did not provide you with here is decided by myself, not you. 

1 hour ago, PunkRockerGuy said:

You are not qualified, as you listen only to what NIH and most government research sponsored by BIG PHARMA want you to believe.  The world's weakest retrovirus causing AIDS is not believable.  Whether I am qualified or not with other education and research I did not provide you with here is decided by myself, not you. 

The worlds weakest retrovirus? Citation please. While some researchers have theorized that as HIV developes that it is becoming weaker, it is still quite potent.  HIV does cause AIDS if left untreated and denying this is the same as denying the holocaust, perverse and showing signs of mental impairment. As for the big pharma companies controlling HIV with one big master plan...really? In this day and age and no one has revealed this diabolical plot? Conspiracy theorists scour the globe for this kind of information.  No one has leaked out anything from the secret chamber?  Clearly you have never attended an HIV conference or any other kind of scientific conference as there is very little 'agreement' on most points. The point they do agree on is that HIV when left untreated causes AIDS and they mostly agree on that if you adhere to proper medication the level of the virus will become 'undetectable' and be unable to transmit the virus while being virally suppressed. U=U Undetectable equals untransmittable.

3 hours ago, SoNowWhat said:

The worlds weakest retrovirus? Citation please. While some researchers have theorized that as HIV developes that it is becoming weaker, it is still quite potent.  HIV does cause AIDS if left untreated and denying this is the same as denying the holocaust, perverse and showing signs of mental impairment. As for the big pharma companies controlling HIV with one big master plan...really? In this day and age and no one has revealed this diabolical plot? Conspiracy theorists scour the globe for this kind of information.  No one has leaked out anything from the secret chamber?  Clearly you have never attended an HIV conference or any other kind of scientific conference as there is very little 'agreement' on most points. The point they do agree on is that HIV when left untreated causes AIDS and they mostly agree on that if you adhere to proper medication the level of the virus will become 'undetectable' and be unable to transmit the virus while being virally suppressed. U=U Undetectable equals untransmittable.

Go google it yourself.  HIV was the weakest retrovirus known of, as of 2015, last I checked.  

I HAVE been to numerous medical conferences on the virus and take issue with numerous causality references.  Umm, at last check my IQ was over 150, I do indeed understand the Holocaust, etc., happened, but I have not used a condom since 1979, had sexual intercourse with somewhere upwards of 750+ girls since then, and have NEVER tested positive for any HIV virus in my every 2-months check-up bloodwork since they started after my first major bone breakage and surgeries beginning in June of 2011.  

And, yes.  The pharma companies have taken old useless 1960's cancer drugs in the beginning of the treatment therapies developed in the beginning of the epidemic and they killed patients faster than when using Chinese herbal therapies.  This has been discussed at length by many researchers at UCLA who are not allowed to participate in HIV conferences, since they are sponsored by Merck, Pfizer, etc.  Just because the current group of researchers in the pharmaceutical industry who sponsor all the major HIV Conferences and I disagree does not make me wrong.  Just as Newtonian physics was thought to be complete, it fails to explain all subatomic behavior such as Quantum Physics.  Sorry, so-called "facts" change as things begin to not make sense.  There are at least "thousands" of patients suffering from AIDS symptoms who have ZERO HIV antibodies.  Until those are explained away, I will not believe I have some type of superhuman immune defense that I have never even had chlamydia, gonorrhea, or any STD.  

Go google it yourself.  HIV was the weakest retrovirus known of, as of 2015, last I checked.  

I HAVE been to numerous medical conferences on the virus and take issue with numerous causality references.  Umm, at last check my IQ was over 150, I do indeed understand the Holocaust, etc., happened, but I have not used a condom since 1979, had sexual intercourse with somewhere upwards of 750+ girls since then, and have NEVER tested positive for any HIV virus in my every 2-months check-up bloodwork since they started after my first major bone breakage and surgeries beginning in June of 2011.  

And, yes.  The pharma companies have taken old useless 1960's cancer drugs in the beginning of the treatment therapies developed in the beginning of the epidemic and they killed patients faster than when using Chinese herbal therapies.  This has been discussed at length by many researchers at UCLA who are not allowed to participate in HIV conferences, since they are sponsored by Merck, Pfizer, etc.  Just because the current group of researchers in the pharmaceutical industry who sponsor all the major HIV Conferences and I disagree does not make me wrong.  Just as Newtonian physics was thought to be complete, it fails to explain all subatomic behavior such as Quantum Physics.  Sorry, so-called "facts" change as things begin to not make sense.  There are at least "thousands" of patients suffering from AIDS symptoms who have ZERO HIV antibodies.  Until those are explained away, I will not believe I have some type of superhuman immune defense that I have never even had chlamydia, gonorrhea, or any STD.  
Did you ever find out if any of those 750+ women had HIV? Anal as well?

7 minutes ago, PunkRockerGuy said:

Everything you said is a complete  lie and can not be backed up in anyway including your claims of attending HIV conferences and your STD checks every 2 months you are a total charlatan. Where are the 1000's of AIDS patients with no HIV? Cough up some evidence or go back to wearing your tinfoil hat and banging hookers. How is that something to brag about? You have needed to pay for sex since 1979...telling in any way?

Just now, scubascuba3 said:
10 minutes ago, PunkRockerGuy said:

Did you ever find out if any of those 750+ women had HIV? Anal as well?

Only via rumor.  As I tend to work for 5-10 years in one country when starting a new company with a new opportunity, I have heard a few supposedly did test positive, but when I had bloodwork done, I was always negative.  I would suppose at least 5% should have been HIV+, if I believe all the HIV-zealous people on these forums in many places.  Anal is not a big deal for me with a girl, but there were times where I was fun with girls who enjoyed it.  Probably less than 40-50 girls where anal sex was involved.  

Just had by blood work done at RAMAthibodi, as I need a steel plate removed from my ankle to just below the top of the left tibia, and they ALWAYS test for HIV.  Negative as of last Thursday.  Please, if HIV was that easily contracted and so damn dangerous, how did I, who suffers from just about every other stress, IBS, migraines, bronchitis through my 40's (especially with the yellow sand from the Gobi in China when I lived in Seoul), etc., never contract it with a huge number of sexual encounters and never a condom, as sex is not enjoyable to me using one.  I can't feel a damn thing.  I used to suffer a lot of colds years ago, but I would say almost none existent colds since the mid-2000's.  I do have a deviated septum and suffer sinus headaches, migraines, and a post-nasal drip nearly 24/7.  

I'm not going to say there is zero causality, but it is highly unlikely in my opinion, to contract HIV the way researchers and the media makes it seem.  If so, I would be dead now.  Most all of the people I personally know who have had "AIDS" were drug users, heavy drinkers, different sexual partners weekly, and other factors.  I just don't believe it is that easy to contract as a healthy straight guy.  I'm not going to convince you, and you will not scare me into using a condom for a sexual encounter.  I'd rather be abstinent then if HIV was that serious, as sex with a condom does not result in any orgasm or a good feeling for me.  As it stands now, I am married and not into multiple sex partners, therefore, it really is of no concern for me. 

Just now, SoNowWhat said:

Everything you said is a complete  lie and can not be backed up in anyway including your claims of attending HIV conferences and your STD checks every 2 months you are a total charlatan. Where are the 1000's of AIDS patients with no HIV? Cough up some evidence or go back to wearing your tinfoil hat and banging hookers. How is that something to brag about? You have needed to pay for sex since 1979...telling in any way?

I'm going to ignore your useless comments, with the exception of, I have never frequented bar girls.  If you knew who I was, I was an on-screen personality in Japan as my company became famous in the 1990's there and I was asked to anchor the news on Channel 9 in the 1990's.  I never have any trouble encountering normal girls who would like to be romantic on the first date.  I didn't see the need to waste time with a girl who is useless in bed when I was younger and sex was important to me .... if useless in bed, we were never going to become gf/bf or husband/wife.  My first kiss was at 5-years old.  Sorry, but my 2 ex-wives were models.  I appear just fine to girls even at 56 years old.  My wife is a former Channel 3 newsperson and businesswoman.

And, I have no reason to lie about my RAMA blood tests. 

I'm not going to cite articles for you .... go google AIDS and no HIV, and check Dr. Rosenberg's pilot programs in the 90's where volunteers were injected with HIV and they showed antibodies for 24-48 hours and then the virus was undetectable.  All went on to lead healthy normal lives at least for the 5 years the research program lasted.   

Only via rumor.  As I tend to work for 5-10 years in one country when starting a new company with a new opportunity, I have heard a few supposedly did test positive, but when I had bloodwork done, I was always negative.  I would suppose at least 5% should have been HIV+, if I believe all the HIV-zealous people on these forums in many places.  Anal is not a big deal for me with a girl, but there were times where I was fun with girls who enjoyed it.  Probably less than 40-50 girls where anal sex was involved.  

Just had by blood work done at RAMAthibodi, as I need a steel plate removed from my ankle to just below the top of the left tibia, and they ALWAYS test for HIV.  Negative as of last Thursday.  Please, if HIV was that easily contracted and so damn dangerous, how did I, who suffers from just about every other stress, IBS, migraines, bronchitis through my 40's (especially with the yellow sand from the Gobi in China when I lived in Seoul), etc., never contract it with a huge number of sexual encounters and never a condom, as sex is not enjoyable to me using one.  I can't feel a damn thing.  I used to suffer a lot of colds years ago, but I would say almost none existent colds since the mid-2000's.  I do have a deviated septum and suffer sinus headaches, migraines, and a post-nasal drip nearly 24/7.  

I'm not going to say there is zero causality, but it is highly unlikely in my opinion, to contract HIV the way researchers and the media makes it seem.  If so, I would be dead now.  Most all of the people I personally know who have had "AIDS" were drug users, heavy drinkers, different sexual partners weekly, and other factors.  I just don't believe it is that easy to contract as a healthy straight guy.  I'm not going to convince you, and you will not scare me into using a condom for a sexual encounter.  I'd rather be abstinent then if HIV was that serious, as sex with a condom does not result in any orgasm or a good feeling for me.  As it stands now, I am married and not into multiple sex partners, therefore, it really is of no concern for me. 
You are either absolutely right or very lucky or immune or maybe all three. Good for you. By the way I'd still be tempted to take PrEP if i was you, 2000 baht for 3 months supply from Thai red cross. I agree with condoms, little feeling, almost pointless

9 minutes ago, SoNowWhat said:

Yeah, I am sure I knew all about how to find hookers in my small country town in America while I was in high school and by 1980 and about to go to engineering school, I was paying for hookers in my hometown.  You DF**k, I would not have even know where to look for hookers until I was maybe 25, and by then had already had a large number of sexual encounters with my gf of the month attitude back then.  

Go bother somebody else.  RAMA mandates HIV blood work before every surgery and I am working on my 18th now.  Since I had renal failure during the coma-inducing Ninja Z-14R accident in 2013, I am fully checked with the full blood panel every 2-months on doctor's visits for continuing medication and therapy.  It's necessary to know what problems I might have with any organ or blood disorder with some of the pain, anti-inflammatory, shoulder gel compound injections, etc., I get at RAMA.  

I see you included Quantum Mechanics and Quantum Physics in there as complete lies.  I'll let the top engineering PhD's I studied under know how they are incorrect with Maxwell's equations, etc.  I am sure you are more educationally qualified than I am with 2 engineering degrees, MBA, and Doctor of Law from YALE, plus 2-years of medical school to comment on complex matters than myself .. LOL.

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
18 minutes ago, PunkRockerGuy said:

You are either absolutely right or very lucky or immune or maybe all three. Good for you. By the way I'd still be tempted to take PrEP if i was you, 2000 baht for 3 months supply from Thai red cross. I agree with condoms, little feeling, almost pointless

I do agree with you.  Just in case there is any causality, if I was to become single again, I would likely get on PrEP, but not my current situation, nor is it likely to be again.  

Debates about whether the HIV virus causes AIDs ended definitively about 20 years ago. Annoyingly, some  people start out with what they want to believe, dredge up articles from the 1990's (now thoroughly refuted) and so on.

That one specific person has had many high risk encounters without developing HIV does nto prove anything.

And the point of this thread was the availability of HIV treatment, which has been answered. Thread closed.

Archived