"Docile" Pitbull saga ends with a "wai" as owner fined 5,000 baht for neglect

webfact

"Docile" Pitbull saga ends with a "wai" as owner fined 5,000 baht for neglect

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GRhFK2kA3QLYTVVqvm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

The owner of two pitbull dogs who were let out and attacked a neighbor's dog has been fined 5,000 baht.

But the neighbor accepted his explanations and does not want to press further charges - it all ended in a pleasant "wai".

The owner of "Tiger" and "Bully" - aged 2 years and 8 months respectively - said his pitbulls wouldn't hurt a fly.

They are docile and love to watch him when he does the gardening, said Somwang Huadorn, 59, a self-professed dog lover who has lots of lovely animals.

The other dog obviously started it, he claimed.

Be that as it may, they did attack 75 year old Bun Krajomphon's Thai dog killing it in the street with a savage biting attack that found its way onto the fan page of Watchdog Thailand.

Nong Wua Sor police in Udon Thani province fined Somwang 5,000 baht for neglectfully letting his dogs out.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-22

14 minutes ago, webfact said:

said his pitbulls wouldn't hurt a fly.

and they didnt hurt a fly, they killed a neighbor's dog; 5000 baht fine ? can we assume that if these dogs had killed a young child that the fine would be higher ? maybe 2 wais would do it ?

• Haha 2

I have nothing against pit bulls, they are very nice dogs. Pit bull owners that neglect their dogs on the other hand, I would love to see locked up..

When my dog was younger, he would either be in the house, tied up outside or on a leash for a walk.. Now he can barely stand up, so he really isn't a liability anymore ?

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The owner of two pitbull dogs who were let out and attacked a neighbor's dog has been fined 5,000 baht.

More than expected to be honest.

Normally you need to "repay the cost" of the dog that died (purchase price) with no fine. But i guess thats only in case you have your dog on a leash.

It gets worse when your dog only wounds the other dog as you become liable for the vet costs.

I have german shepherds that are also docile. They are the most loving loyal dogs. In fact its the soi dogs that have the problem where we are. They taunt our dogs and somtimes they get out and set chase. One day im sure they will kill someone's dog but on the other hand i have them as protection and hope they kill intruders instead. Worth the money if so.

In the article it says the pb's killed the dog in the street. Shouldnt have been wandering around? Regardlss of the dog breed the law states no dogs are to walk around un supervised therefore i dont see how dogs acting as dogs ends up with only one person paying a fine. Thats negligence for all concerned!!

One of my dogs jumped our fence and ripped a  women from her bike but the reason is the people act like idiots and ride real fast and whistle, beep horns and such. They also live illegally in the land behind us and are all ways scavenging up to our fence lines. Its there grave i guess...

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, YetAnother said:

and they didnt hurt a fly, they killed a neighbor's dog; 5000 baht fine ? can we assume that if these dogs had killed a young child that the fine would be higher ? maybe 2 wais would do it ?

I could go up to 4 WAI monk style.

2 hours ago, secondfusilier said:

Google 'Pitbull dog' and look at the first 20 results, most are about deadly attacks.

Didn't notice any similar results when I Googled 'Poodle' but Pitbulls did come up on nearly every result on the first page when I searched 'Poodle deadly attack'.

Pitbulls are not family pets, they are mostly kept by insecure tattooed <deleted>, who see this as a way of 'butching up'.

This is how Wiki describes Pitbulls:

Pit bull is the common name for a type of dog.

Formal breeds often considered to be of the pit bull type include the American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, American Bully, and Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

The American Bulldog is also sometimes included.

Many of these breeds were originally developed as fighting dogs from cross breeding bull-baiting dogs (used to hold the faces and heads of larger animals such as bulls) and terriers.

Not dangerous by nature, pull the other one.

you say the same thing i do. the dogs through no fault of their own have become a fashion accessory for morons and thugs who have not correctly trained and socialized them and as such have become a problem.
I have encountered many pitbulls and the temperament of the owner in reflected in the dog, not vice versa.

i am not saying they are harmless, but correctly handled they are only a threat if threatened or protecting their own

• Like 1

A 5000 Bht fine for a dog killing another? You could beat another person senseless & not get a fine anywhere near that if you were Thai, Why are dogs so valuable?

Amazing Thailand...

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, bsdthai said:

One of my dogs jumped our fence and ripped a  women from her bike but the reason is the people act like idiots and ride real fast and whistle, beep horns and such. They also live illegally in the land behind us and are all ways scavenging up to our fence lines. Its there grave i guess...

With dog owners like you, there is no hope. There is no excuse for a dog jumping a fence and ripping a woman from a bike. 

• Thanks 2