Life begins at 72 for American as he calls Thailand "Another Planet!"

webfact

On 5/23/2018 at 11:11 AM, Lingba said:

well..sooner or later  he will wake up from his dream

Very sure, likely. 

And nothing wrong yet... 

It is the beginning of a new day with a fresh start at a new different experience. 

There are many happy ways in Thailand. 

The wise guys are looking further, away from Walking Street. 

Living in Thailand for more than 20 years. 

Thank you Thailand, for all the good opportunities that made me living  a good life.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

According to your posts, you have been working here from the UK for about 30 years as what, an English teacher??

Most of the younger guys I know here have no money.  Always trying some semi questionable ways to make it.

Yes, some of us paid dues at a great job, retired and came here in our 50's with a very nice bank account and pensions. 

Would not want it any other way.

Yes, mostly as an English teacher, editor, and translator. 

most of my income comes from little businesses I have. If you come here young, you can learn the language, culture etc and have the opportunity to make a very good living. 

5 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

According to your posts, you have been working here from the UK for about 30 years as what, an English teacher??

What do you have against English teachers? I'm also an English teacher and get more here, after tax, than I would as a teacher in Scotland.

I gave up a job as an offshore petroleum engineer to be a teacher. I have had much more job satisfaction than when I was earning the really big bucks years ago.

22 hours ago, chippendale said:

Good on this yokel.

But he'll soon find out that those girls have emptied his bank account in exchange for their "love".

He's old enough to know that you can't buy friends, nor love. 

Sad is that too many people who fall in love with a bar girl don't seem to understand that Thai prostitution includes a lot more, like walking hand in hand, acting like a couple in love. But anything is only done for money and new bar girls learn that in the first weeks/days. 

Calling Thailand another planet only shows how "well-traveled" he and many other Americans in reality are.

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

How many posters were the same as him, when they first arrived in Thailand ?

How long did that feeling of elation last ?

Probably quite a few but not I - I hung out with normal girls and stayed away from tourist areas.

But they never got on the news like this guy. 

The mind boggles as to why there are so many replies.

7 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Yes, some of us paid dues at a great job, retired and came here in our 50's with a very nice bank account and pensions. 

Would not want it any other way.

Some probably worked til 60 and died at 65.

I have a friend who came to my wedding and has married a girl he met there. He has been working his ass off Bradford saying he'll move here one day. He's now 55 and gets 4 weeks off  a year. Miserable life if you ask me. 

Most people coming to Thailand wish they had found it earlier. You are an exception tot he rule.

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

I could and I still can make a girl satisfied without the use of blue pills from Pfizer. 

And I guess that this is part of his "happiness." I truly hope that nothing bad happens to him.   

7 hours ago, Jip99 said:

I think that that you have learned little in your time here.

May I remind you as, a newbie, that flaming is not allowed on this forum.

What a rude, insulting thing to say. How old are you, as a matter of interest? I'd guess you are a pensioner.

13 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

May I remind you as, a newbie, that flaming is not allowed on this forum.

What a rude, insulting thing to say. How old are you, as a matter of interest? I'd guess you are a pensioner.

Saying you have learned nothing is not trolling, it is a statement of fact.... something you seem incapable of as I am neither a pensioner (in the OAP sense), nor do I live in Pattaya.

You have also now added 3 further pointless posts to this thread... ?

5 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Saying you have learned nothing is not trolling, it is a statement of fact.... something you seem incapable of as I am neither a pensioner (in the OAP sense), nor do I live in Pattaya.

I know you met someone from Isarn in Pattaya, where you lived for a long time. Explains why my post hurt you, which wasn't meant. Take a look at why it hurt.

Saying I have learned nothing is totally flaming, trying to feel superior.

Give it a rest, I've no intention of arguing with someone I have no respect for.

21 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

I know you met someone from Isarn in Pattaya, where you lived for a long time. Explains why my post hurt you, which wasn't meant. Take a look at why it hurt.

Saying I have learned nothing is totally flaming, trying to feel superior.

Give it a rest, I've no intention of arguing with someone I have no respect for.

Do you make these stories up because you have a sad life?

Greetings from Spain where I am undertaking a Brexit impact survey..

....or am I ?

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

A tip for free:

Your life here can be good if you have a gratitude and re-live a feeling of elation of life here thats so much better than home.

if you dont believe it, then its as simple as a easy  flight home.

why troll others who have a good time here

i cant understand.

Maybe everyone not as stupid as the trolls that GIVE..yes GIVE.. away the money to some bargirl for a house and then cry that he got scammed!

wake up please!

I wish this guy luck. I think he has lived long enough and been through enough in life to see the BS when he smells it

for sure he aleady would know..thaivisa is FULL of bitter old fools who are angry about getting duped by some woman with 12y.o mentality.

doesnt mean he will do the same!

As long as he can afford it , just carry on and live the dream . But don't expect to play around with the girls for peanuts.  He could wake up from the dream within a week. 

7 hours ago, Johnniey said:

Probably quite a few but not I - I hung out with normal girls and stayed away from tourist areas.

He's a tourist. Millions hang out in tourist areas.

6 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

A 72 year old man comes to Thailand among thousands of Arabs, Westerners and Indians to pay for company and people here are arguing over nothing just because he got some news exposure. Meanwhile 2564 Western mongers over the age of 70 also landed today.

Millions a year not thousands.

Maybe he's famous due to being old and white.

6 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Making guesses about strangers on forums is not factual at all.

You 2 guys are arguing about nothing.

8 hours ago, Johnniey said:

Same as any other topic that is busy. Something to talk about.

8 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

A 72 year old man comes to Thailand among thousands of Arabs, Westerners and Indians to pay for company and people here are arguing over nothing just because he got some news exposure. Meanwhile 2564 Western mongers over the age of 70 also landed today.

Great post TGFAF.

However, are you sure of your figures? My research suggests that it is not usually as many as you quote. And when you say "over the age of 70", do you mean 70 and over or 71s and up? And when you say today; are you referring to a specific day? As in yesterday! A date would be real handy here. 

1 hour ago, Justfine said:

Millions a year not thousands.

I have to take an interest in this JF.

TGFAF's figure of 2564 is one day's delivery. 365 x 2564 is 935860 (a non-leap year) or 933296 (leap year). Now you have to agree that this a some way short of 1 million. Taking seasonal adjustment into consideration; it could be that the figure could top 1 million. This is hardly millions as you suggest. Unless, of course, you were talking generally. In which case you probably closer.

Another very interesting and informative post.

7 hours ago, tingtongtourist said:

A tip for free:

Your life here can be good if you have a gratitude and re-live a feeling of elation of life here thats so much better than home.

if you dont believe it, then its as simple as a easy  flight home.

why troll others who have a good time here

i cant understand.

I simply asked a question .

Did you arrive and were you like him when you arrived ?

Are you know different to when you arrived ?

8 hours ago, tingtongtourist said:

Maybe everyone not as stupid as the trolls that GIVE..yes GIVE.. away the money to some bargirl for a house and then cry that he got scammed!

wake up please!

I wish this guy luck. I think he has lived long enough and been through enough in life to see the BS when he smells it

for sure he aleady would know..thaivisa is FULL of bitter old fools who are angry about getting duped by some woman with 12y.o mentality.

doesnt mean he will do the same!

You have more faith in this guy, than I do .

He may be old , but he seems very naieve

He seems to believe that the girls are sincere and that they generally like him .

He may live a few weeks/months in the honeymoon period , but them he will have to face reality .

For his sake , I hope that he realises that these girls are prostitutes and that they are working and that he is their current job .

If he takes these girls at face value , he will have to learn the hard way .

10 hours ago, Jip99 said:

I'm beginning to think Johnniey and Thai Ron are one and the same person.

Archived