Mafia chasing Indian men from Pattaya beach wasn’t what it seemed, say police

webfact

1 hour ago, HenryPattaya said:

Nothing illegal just Indians sending money to India by passing the banks and plus there rate is better than the banks its called (Hawala)

He is not agreed to pay for motor cycle guy Baht-30-40, do you think he will send 3000  by paying a fee 1200 Baht ?

Most banks in Thailand are like robbers, they steal your balance for no reason.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Haha 1

I love this kind of mayhem.  I hope there is more!

I want so much violence and police incompetence that the Army steps in and turns Pattaya into a special zone!

Then we can get rid of all the scum.

Yeah, I know what the obvious replies will be, but Pattaya needs new scum.

Edited by Juan B Tong
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

I read today on Bloomberg that the bankers don't consider you rich unless you have $25 million dollars.

all this over 500 baht and a delivery fee...

Well there goes my chance of being rich then. :cheesy:

• Haha 1

I'm seriously confused, so hopefully someone can help me on this apparent 'misunderstanding' between Indians/Thais.

I may be wrong but didn't this whole fiasco start on the beach when an/some Indian(s) were told by some Thais (mafia?) to remove themselves and their mat from an area which was 'owned' by someone?

Seems to me, but I may be wrong that there's been an attempt to cover up what was considered a stain on Pattaya's pristine image as a friendly family resort.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

So instead of some Singh wrong there was no Singh wrong? Am I Wright?

Could this be Turban Terrorism?  ?‍♂️  :sorry: 

What i understand is that the the guy needed money in India and he knew this guy so asked him to give money in India, the guy who hired the motor bike taxi to get the money to this Indian should have paid for the fare, but he didn't so this happened and due to the language problem misunderstandings/miscommunications do occur a lot.

2 hours ago, Proboscis said:

The only part of this story I believe is the fellow who delivered the 500 baht wanting a fee. The rest of it is rubbish. Why would anyone be willing to transfer money from his account to some foreign account for nothing? First, he will have to pay fees anyway. And what about his time?

Why would a tourist from India want to send a hundred dollars back home?

If they were friends, why would anyone send the 500 baht by a third party? Wouldn't be the case of, "I'll borrow it from my mate and you give it to me when you see me."?

Why would a bunch of Thais suddenly start acting like beach mafia? If they felt agrieved against one person, they would go after that guy when he was on his own.

I guess that the mafia told the Indians, this is the story, otherwise things will get worse for you. Of course, the police would not have known anything about this as we all know that Thai police are completely clean and have nothing whatsoever to do with mafias.

I guess you didn't read the OP.

2 hours ago, Proboscis said:

The only part of this story I believe is the fellow who delivered the 500 baht wanting a fee. The rest of it is rubbish. Why would anyone be willing to transfer money from his account to some foreign account for nothing? First, he will have to pay fees anyway. And what about his time?

Why would a tourist from India want to send a hundred dollars back home?

If they were friends, why would anyone send the 500 baht by a third party? Wouldn't be the case of, "I'll borrow it from my mate and you give it to me when you see me."?

Why would a bunch of Thais suddenly start acting like beach mafia? If they felt agrieved against one person, they would go after that guy when he was on his own.

I guess that the mafia told the Indians, this is the story, otherwise things will get worse for you. Of course, the police would not have known anything about this as we all know that Thai police are completely clean and have nothing whatsoever to do with mafias.

I guess you didn't read the OP.

The article states the problem was that the indian didn’t want to pay the Thai for bringing money to him - the indian expected him to drive all the way there for nothing apparently. Not the Thais fault he didn’t want to work for nothing - pay the man and shut up!!

1 hour ago, joebrown said:

I'm seriously confused, so hopefully someone can help me on this apparent 'misunderstanding' between Indians/Thais.

I may be wrong but didn't this whole fiasco start on the beach when an/some Indian(s) were told by some Thais (mafia?) to remove themselves and their mat from an area which was 'owned' by someone?

Seems to me, but I may be wrong that there's been an attempt to cover up what was considered a stain on Pattaya's pristine image as a friendly family resort.

good point would like to know myself, if only i could speak thai i would know what that woman is saying