Cops Want Pro-Election Activists Jailed

webfact

Cops Want Pro-Election Activists Jailed

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

33303242_632180043799810_327694670266105

Nuttaa ‘Bow’ Mahattana flashes an anti-junta ‘three-finger salute’ at Phayathai Police Station on Thursday morning before she was taken to court.

BANGKOK — Fifteen people arrested for staging a pro-democracy demonstration earlier this week were taken Thursday to a criminal court for a custody hearing.

Their lawyer Kritsadang Nutcharus said he was told by police that investigators would ask the court to remand all the suspects – which include key leaders of the anti-junta movement – in prison while the case against them moves forward.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2018/05/24/cops-want-pro-election-activists-jailed/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-05-24

8 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

No, they've got a point. I think Nuttaa deserves a good spanking!25017101_640591999665046_402726052415143936_n.jpg

While I wouldn't disagree with you, I too have also been looking at photos of her, I see she's 39.

I was looking at the logo on her T-shirt (and the others in the group - honestly!)

It says #พลังมด - meaning Ant Power.

1 hour ago, chainarong said:

Keep pushing Junta keep pushing all those buttons and the chickens will come home to roost.?

I don't think it is on the cards short-term, but the day will come.. 

• Like 2

Side comment: apart from art. 44, the other articles used are now standard law, and can be used later by any government. Does anyone think that the yellow faction will let an opposed party govern and use this laws against them when they protest?

• Like 1