Invest in crypto now and hold LT. Fund yr retirement in Thailand

I disclose that I own most of the top 12 cryptos. I understand the risks and that it’s akin to venture capital investing. It’s a high risk high reward investment.

IMHO I believe that the value of my coins will substantially increase over the coming years and that I will be able to spend them in Thailand and globally. I see it as a hedge against the poor exchange rates that I’m getting now when sending fiat from home to Thailand via the banks.

I think anyone who is not jumping on board this train is missing out in the same way that you might have missed out on the last 9 yr bull market on US shares.

Buy now and hold in a hardware wallet for 5 years. This technology is the next big thing

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

Agreed. Google, Facebook, Amazon, major banks and investment firms are all getting ready to invest and open exchanges, mass adoption is coming. Blockchain is a technology that is quickly spreading everywhere. 

The market is red now, which means it's the best time to accumulate. I know I am.

• Like 1

Spot on. Great time to accumulate as prices corrected again after Big Rat Buffet called it rat poison squared. I agree. It’s poison to big rats like banks , middle managers and  investment houses.

Buffet owns Wells Fargo, Bank of America and large holdings in other banks.in price dips, I am sure they buy up. 

Ethereum is No 1 acc to China, which is the next powerhouse on earth., like it or not.

1 minute ago, Oxx said:

Just because you burn $1,800 of energy doesn't mean the resulting (in this case intangible) product is worth $1,800.

You are right: It could worth less than that in fact... :wacko:

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Oxx said:

... with a misleading headline.  The headline is "Bitcoin Price Has Hypothetical Value of $1,800: Federal Reserve Report", yet further in the report we read "recent estimates regarding the energy involved in mining a single Bitcoin by professional energy-efficient mining rigs put it at about $1,800".

Just because you burn $1,800 of energy doesn't mean the resulting (in this case intangible) product is worth $1,800.

Then write a letter to the editor of CryptoCoinsNews. :violin:

27 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Then write a letter to the editor of CryptoCoinsNews. :violin:

Why bother? The fool who believe that cryptocurrencies have sustainable value will continue to drink the Kool-Aid, whatever I say or do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Great news!!!! Please download the white paper on a brand new theguyfromanotherforum coin available now!!!

Prepare for unimaginable wealth to come pouring in! ? :cheesy:

correct me if i'm rong, but aren't the coins themselves, well, worthless?  there are a thousand coins out now, another couple thousand next year.

blockchain technology....awesome stuff.  there's a future in that for sure, as governments - with gdp's and militaries to back 'em up - are getting ready to develop their own.

but silly little coins that can be reproduced at will with public domain software?  any fashion model or rapper can make their own coin, so what's it worth when you have thousands of coins backed by nothing but

publicity?  digital beanie babies.

i can see the technology being used to store something of value....like

deeds or copyrights or titles, maybe even fiat currency for transfer or payment.  the coins?  23rd century digital pneumatic tubes.images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzQSj1V0j1Z_qBVGsEeyx

Edited by ChouDoufu
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

correct me if i'm rong, but aren't the coins themselves, well, worthless?  there are a thousand coins out now, another couple thousand next year.

blockchain technology....awesome stuff.  there's a future in that for sure, as governments - with gdp's and militaries to back 'em up - are getting ready to develop their own.

but silly little coins that can be reproduced at will with public domain software?  any fashion model or rapper can make their own coin, so what's it worth when you have thousands of coins backed by nothing but

deeds or copyrights or titles, maybe even fiat currency for transfer or payment.  the coins?  23rd century digital pneumatic tubes.images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzQSj1V0j1Z_qBVGsEeyx

it is true. many of the thousands will be rendered useless and a scam. However, one cant deny that most in the top 12 have a promising future. They have real use cases and it does all have so much potential. 

not investing now is madness given the outlook on some of the top 12 cryptos. Everyone should have a % of their money in cryptos now. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Oxx said:

This one can deny they have a promising future.

(1) They are inherently worthless and generate no income.

(2) Quantum computing, within the next few years, will almost instantly reveal almost all the unmined coins.

(3) The real use cases are all criminal and will increasingly be outlawed.

(4) There is no rational reason for more than a tiny number of such currencies.  Criminals don't need 12 different currencies.

(1) All currencies are inherently worthless and generate no income. You could just as easily design a fractional reserve ponzi scheme on a crypto as easily as a fiat currency if that is your desire. Currencies are accounting systems, nothing more. They have zero value by themselves.  Any currency only has value because people believe it can be exchanged for something that does have value. The "GDP" argument only applies because everyone in a country is assumed to accept the national fiat currency. This belief is only valid when the national fiat currency isn't being disrupted and is therefore trusted by everyone. What is a "hard" currency (i.e. trusted) and a soft currency is highly volatile and depends on the beliefs of the people accepting it. Any argument you can make about crypto can also be made about a hypothetical fiat currency that is just starting out.

(2) Quantum computing is a long way off. Next few years is valid only if you intend "few" to mean several decades. And there are quantum secure algorithms such as Winternitz used by a few currencies today, there is just no compelling reason to apply them in most cases because quantum computers are so far off.

(3) Bitcoin originally found a home in money laundering. That is becoming a smaller and smaller piece. The biggest use case today is for Chinese to bypass the currency controls of the Chinese government for genuine external investments that are not illegal. The newer coins are also being used for investment purposes, and by international commerce merchants who are tired of paying 5% plus 3% currency conversion fees on credit card transactions. Your statement here is showing just how naive you really are. You should really try studying an industry before claiming you know anything about it.

(4) There will be millions (possibly billions) of cryptocurrencies, because the trend is for currencies to be used make social statements, rather than just an exchange of wealth and store of value. When currencies can be instantaneously exchanged for each other at near zero cost, a whole new dimension is opened up in payments. I might pay my taxes in F/U coins, while giving my wife LoveU coins for her birthday. Once cryptocurrencies have been around for a while and become more stable, what coins you hold will say something about who you are. People are not rational in many cases. They are social however. Ignore the social aspects of any community at your peril. Henry Ford was a brilliant businessman, but he was wrong that people would prefer a black, Model-T because it was the rational choice. Ford (the automaker) is still around only because they abandoned that impractical belief.

Edited by Monomial
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Oxx said:

(2) Quantum computing, within the next few years, will almost instantly reveal almost all the unmined coins.

(4) There is no rational reason for more than a tiny number of such currencies.  Criminals don't need 12 different currencies.

1. Currently worth over 300bn. Please check https://coincodex.com/    They are evidently not worthless to millions of people who current own cryptos. 

2. evidence or bar stool tallk

3. evidence or bar stool talk? Are you saying that Ripples use case is criminal. Many investment banks would disagree

4. Please educate yourself. Most of the coins have different use cases

Have a nice day

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I must say I never knew it was so easy. It seems you can identify in advance which coins will be around in X years time just by the money they are attracting now. I just never knew making money investing was that easy. Obviously my view that the money is made launching ICO's with terms that the buyer contracts to give the issuer money and the issuer contracts to give the buyer nothing is wrong. Seems the big money is made buying ICO's!

13 hours ago, davidst01 said:

it is true. many of the thousands will be rendered useless and a scam. However, one cant deny that most in the top 12 have a promising future. They have real use cases and it does all have so much potential. 

not investing now is madness given the outlook on some of the top 12 cryptos. Everyone should have a % of their money in cryptos now. 

People who own gold say the same thing.

Most coins probably 99% will be useless and worthless.

Maybe 3 or 4 will survive.

On 5/26/2018 at 7:57 PM, Oxx said:

You might want to read up on quantum proofing algorithms..... 

On 5/27/2018 at 9:30 AM, Justfine said:

People who own gold say the same thing.

Most coins probably 99% will be useless and worthless.

Maybe 3 or 4 will survive.

3-4 you're having a laugh. you will be proven wrong

• Like 2

On 5/26/2018 at 4:07 PM, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Crypto. A scam plagued by all the volatility and insecurity of the National currencies it is intended to replace, but without any GNP to back it up

Why not throw your money on a rubbish tip?

Cos the rubbish tip doesn't multiply my money by x5 in a month.

• Thanks 1

On 5/26/2018 at 7:41 PM, ChouDoufu said:

Blockchain technology doesn't run for free. Nothing is free. They need a currency.

They could run on USD and one day someone will make a blockchain that will. If you like that, use that blockchain (it wouldn't be very decentralized though, but it's your preference)

Ethereum runs on ETH, not carrots or diesel. So long as people want to use the ethereum blockchain, ETH must be used to fascilitate the transaction. One day you will be able to send fiat on the blockchain, but a little bit of your fiat will be converted into ETH to fuel the transaction.

Edited by FruitPudding

Once again owners of Cryptocurrencies, advising others to

buy,buy,buy,if you dont you will be missing out on making

a fortune, obviously they are pushing them so the price rises.

The same scam has been going on for years,new coins are

now popping up  like mushrooms,seems like anybody can

create their own worthless currency.

regards worgeordie

• Like 2

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Once again owners of Cryptocurrencies, advising others to

buy,buy,buy,if you dont you will be missing out on making

a fortune, obviously they are pushing them so the price rises.

The same scam has been going on for years,new coins are

now popping up  like mushrooms,seems like anybody can

create their own worthless currency.

regards worgeordie

The quicker the ferry is filled, the sooner the captain will leave dock.

Its just speeding up the inevitable. I would rather retire within the next few years than wait maybe up to10 years. Quicker adoption rate will rise the value quicker.

• Like 1