End 'hide and seek' Brexit approach, Barnier tells UK

rooster59

40 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Small countries around the world can successfully negotiate with much larger ones 

But they are not in a position to impose conditions.That's why I talked about leaving negotiation. You can define whatever red line you like, if you don't have enough negotiating power, the only alternative is to leave negotiations.

24 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Of course I disagree, so send some quotes. I don't remember many people saying it would be easy.  Personally I thought that this exercise would be as difficult as it is proving to be but we don't know the final outcome yet. Your bird analogy is weird to say the least and you are right, I have no idea (what you are parroting on about).

But if it is birds you like, bear in mind that the 27 are not all of the same feather and this EU flock is not likely to stay together. Some will fly and others will just fall out of the nest. The nest needs rebuilding...it's old and falling apart.

“Of course I disagree, so send some quotes. I don't remember many people saying it would be easy”

Here, this should prompt your memory:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/patricksmith/nobody-said-it-was-easy?utm_term=.fg1Ey3LBX#.cyX8aWO7j

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Grouse said:

Matarella, the president 

Savona is an 81 year old who should be getting care in the community not running the ITalian economy 

He’s got eleven years left before he reaches his ministerial prime

20 minutes ago, candide said:

But they are not in a position to impose conditions.That's why I talked about leaving negotiation. You can define whatever red line you like, if you don't have enough negotiating power, the only alternative is to leave negotiations.

If the UK cannot impose conditions as the EU love doing, then there is no negotiation really, is there?  You compared this negotiation to one with the likes of the USA and China, which at the moment can only mean new trade deals; this cannot be compared with the UK/EU "negotiations" for leaving the EU in any way. And if you read my whole post, the bottom red line was mentioned as "walking away". 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

If the UK cannot impose conditions as the EU love doing, then there is no negotiation really, is there?  You compared this negotiation to one with the likes of the USA and China, which at the moment can only mean new trade deals; this cannot be compared with the UK/EU "negotiations" for leaving the EU in any way. And if you read my whole post, the bottom red line was mentioned as "walking away". 

What conditions do the EU impose that are not within the regulations and procedures the UK helped implemeng and signed up to?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

“Of course I disagree, so send some quotes. I don't remember many people saying it would be easy”

Here, this should prompt your memory:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/patricksmith/nobody-said-it-was-easy?utm_term=.fg1Ey3LBX#.cyX8aWO7j

Fox: "should be".

Redwood: "can be". 

Farage: Farage! ?

Batten: "could be".

Davis: "can do".

Boris: not about negotiations.

Gove: "can"

Carswell: "could"

Nuttall: "will be easy" - well ya got me on that one! But leader. Be serious.

Martin: well his line hasn't even been attempted....yet.

Not many would be's or will be's in that lot. Not many "leaders" either.

2 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Fox: "should be".

Redwood: "can be". 

Farage: Farage! ?

Batten: "could be".

Davis: "can do".

Boris: not about negotiations.

Gove: "can"

Carswell: "could"

Nuttall: "will be easy" - well ya got me on that one! But leader. Be serious.

Martin: well his line hasn't even been attempted....yet.

Not many would be's or will be's in that lot. Not many "leaders" either.

You're struggling pal. 

Much like Brexit really.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

Thee subject is exit negotiations..not regulations and procedures. Take a break.

The negotiations take place within a framework of regulations and procedures. 

You couldn't answer the question I asked you regarding the statement you made, so you try to deflect.

Once again your struggling pal. 

Much like Brexit.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The negotiations take place within a framework of regulations and procedures. 

You couldn't answer the question I asked you regarding the statement you made, so you try to deflect.

Once again your struggling pal. 

Much like Brexit.

If your beloved regulations and procedures are those published in June 2017, that was a year after the referendum and after initial EU demands had been agreed to. This is to be expected from their historically bullying nature in times of crisis. No specifics about anything to do with regulations and procedures regarding negotiations in Article 50.

Of course Brexit is a struggle. How could it be anything less, against your pet beast?  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nauseus said:

If your beloved regulations and procedures are those published in June 2017, that was a year after the referendum and after initial EU demands had been agreed to. This is to be expected from their historically bullying nature in times of crisis. No specifics about anything to do with regulations and procedures regarding negotiations in Article 50.

Of course Brexit is a struggle. How could it be anything less, against your pet beast?  

Again an assertion that the EU is the cause of the problems. 

The British government have yet to announce what they want from the negotiations..... Like its been a couple of years now!

On 5/27/2018 at 12:11 PM, stephenterry said:

It is also a fact that the UK exports more to the Netherlands than to the Commonwealth countries combined.

Only cuz we are restricted in who we trade with. Let's see if that remains the case post Brexit. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rally123 said:

Only cuz we are restricted in who we trade with. Let's see if that remains the case post Brexit. 

That may well be a valid point.  Let's see how long the transition period turns out to be and then how the figures add up.  The term "post Brexit" seems to be a an unknown timeline.  I know a two years transition period was stated but opinion seems to suggest everything cannot be put in place by then and it is very likely therefore that the UK will ask for an extension.  Time will eventually tell!

Edited by dunroaming

1 minute ago, dunroaming said:

That may well be a valid point.  Let's see how long the transition period turns out to be and then how the figures add up.  The term "post Brexit" seems to be a an unknown timeline.  I know two years was stated but opinion seems to suggest everything cannot be put in place by then and it is very likely therefore that the UK will ask for an extension.  Time will eventually tell!

In the video clip of Brexiteers sweetheart Rees-Mogg, J R-M suggests 10 years!

28 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Very many of the people who voted Brexit might not either.

Their attempt at screwing over the young before they croak fading as they do. 

That's been done. 

To be fair, Brexit is just the last cruel twist of the knife, after house price bubbles, the abandonment of free university education, defined benefit pension schemes; I'm glad that I am able to see my kids through with comparable privileges to those I enjoyed, but for the majority of young people, life is already much harder, without abandoning the peace and prosperity we enjoyed in the EU.

55 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Again an assertion that the EU is the cause of the problems. 

The British government have yet to announce what they want from the negotiations..... Like its been a couple of years now!

The basic wishes for the future were announced through the Lancaster House speech. The EU say they don't want to agree to all that. Fair enough, they can say they want. True negotiations should involve concessions from all parties but it seems that the UK has been doing all the giving way so far.

But large-scale dissatisfaction with the EU is obviously the cause of the UK leave vote. Article 50 makes leaving seem easy but from recent history, everyone should have known better than that. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, nauseus said:

The basic wishes for the future were announced through the Lancaster House speech. The EU say they don't want to agree to all that. Fair enough, they can say they want. True negotiations should involve concessions from all parties but it seems that the UK has been doing all the giving way so far.

But large-scale dissatisfaction with the EU is obviously the cause of the UK leave vote. Article 50 makes leaving seem easy but from recent history, everyone should have known better than that. 

It would be interesting to read your view when the UK leaves the EU, the Common Market, and the Customs Union as has been the stand of the UK government as at now.  Do you consider that the UK would prosper economically, when the ports on both sides of the channel are jammed with lorries awaiting clearance, when trade deals with any country outside the bloc take several years to negotiate, when sterling further devalues, when jobs are lost, businesses fail, and recently when the nearly bankrupt NHS cannot recruit sufficient doctors and nurses from overseas, because immigrants are rejected by UK immigration policies? 

And do you consider, that even if this economic suicide is mitigated by the withdrawal of both of the above red lines, that the general public will support the UK government's deal (or no deal) if parliament rejects it?  

What causes me most concern is that May is only considering placating both sides of the Tory party than accepting the impact reality of leaving the EU will make all of the 'people' worse off than at present, according to their own forecasts.   

• Haha 1