Need Advice On Hi-speed Internet

Amonik

I hope someone could give me an advice on which service is the best option in our case. We live in Soi Siam Country Club, about 3,4 km from Sukhumvit Rd. Last december, we applied for the Maxnet promotion of TT&T (Hi Speed Internet, speed: 512/1024, about 1000 Baht per month). The service is OK just sometimes, during the morning and afternoon but after 7 pm is not working most of the time and on weekends is a lottery.... They already checked the line and it's fine, they said that we are far form the central (more than 3 km)....

My question is: whick service (that works) is available in Siam Country club area ?

Wireless ? hutch ? others

some experiences with them ?

Any information would be of great help.

Thanks

I live on the same road about the same distance (SP Village 3).

Here is only TOT aviable. It doesn't work regualry when weather is hot. Usually from 10AM till 17PM. A neighbour said a connection box is overheating.

Today I got a Hutch card.

Signal level is 5 out of 6 bars.

Interesting thing is that a sales lady said me that there will no signal at all my area.

Finally it turned out that she don't know where soi Siam Country Club is. I guess she now knew Thai name of the road.

So Hutch is working here.

However don't expect too much from it - it feels like it a little bit better then a dial-up modem.

But better then GPRS.

Speedtest shows 100kbits. Packet loss right now is 10%. At 7PM there was no packet loss.

P.S. My TOT is fine at evenings. So if we can get a wi-fi link between us then we can swap Internet depending of time of the day :-)