Video: What a tearjerker! Set-up shows Thai army's human side!

webfact

Video: What a tearjerker! Set-up shows Thai army's human side!

6pm.jpg

Pictures (2): Manager online

A video showed the startling moments when a new recruit's girlfriend rushed to his side after he fainted and fell to the ground during an open day for relatives at an army camp in Kanchanaburi.

As seemingly worried officers got the unconscious recruit on a stretcher and into the back of a truck the crowd looked on as the girlfriend cried out in her serious concern.

But it was all a well planned ruse.

61pm.jpg

Soon Chokchai Wongphanlak sat up and was given a microphone and a bunch of flowers.

He then proposed marriage to his pretty girlfriend as he sat in the back of the truck.

When she had recovered from her shock she accepted much to the delight of everyone watching.

Source: Manager online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-28

11 minutes ago, webfact said:

As seemingly worried officers got the unconscious recruit on a stretcher and into the back of a truck the crowd looked on as the girlfriend cried out in her serious concern.

But it was all a well planned ruse.

Of course it was. As if officers would give a toss about some grunt - plenty more where he came from.

22 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

Me too!  A nice bit of light relief, but sadly few people on TV appreciated it.........synics!

Yes it was a relief. I had to go and relieve myself after I saw it.

What you say would be meaningful if the pantomime had been acted out by a group of people who represented humanity and kindness. Not by people like army soldiers who are trained to kill.

10 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

Yes it was a relief. I had to go and relieve myself after I saw it.

What you say would be meaningful if the pantomime had been acted out by a group of people who represented humanity and kindness. Not by people like army soldiers who are trained to kill.

No one is trained to kill. Trained to defend yourself and that at times may require acting with extreme prejudice.

The two are very different.

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, overherebc said:

No one is trained to kill. Trained to defend yourself and that at times may require acting with extreme prejudice.

Thank you for your simplistic explanation that army personnel are not trained to kill, just to defend themselves. I suppose you believe Hitler and Tojo were just defending themselves. 

So these Thai soldiers are simply teaching pre-school infants how to defend themselves by hurling hand grenades. After all grenades wouldn't kill anyone would they?

Military school.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

Thank you for your simplistic explanation that army personnel are not trained to kill, just to defend themselves. I suppose you believe Hitler and Tojo were just defending themselves. 

So these Thai soldiers are simply teaching pre-school infants how to defend themselves by hurling hand grenades. After all grenades wouldn't kill anyone would they?

Military school.jpg

Again that is related to self defence. If you can't launch it in a proper way it may fall/drop short and you will risk injury to yourself.

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

Again that is related to self defence. If you can't launch it in a proper way it may fall/drop short and you will risk injury to yourself.

Especially with those Mickey Mouse shelter bays!

3 hours ago, overherebc said:

I don't agree. I do agree that one is a cover story for the other, but Thais are not taught to defend themselves, they are taught how to obey. Cannon fodder..

All the 'anti army' guys should really accept the fact that is a part of life that every country including your own needs an army to defend itself.

Yes it would a wonderful world if we ( all nations ) could spend all our lives hugging and kissing each other. Probably if that had been the case throughout history it would be standing room only on this little planet.

Sad as it is we ( all nations ) need armies to protect our own patch. We are no different to any other top predator on the planet, two spaced eyes facing forward to judge the distance to our prey, and it's in us whether you want to admit it or not.

All predators train their offspring to kill and survive. We are no different. We just do the same thing in a more efficient and mechanised way.

• Thanks 1

The Royal Thai Army is responsible for protecting the Kingdom's sovereignty. It is the oldest and largest branch of the Royal Thai Armed Forces. The army was formed in 1874, partly as a response to new security threats following the 1855 Bowring Treaty with Britain, which opened the country for international trade

Edited by tukkytuktuk