Potted Herbs in Bangkok

dddave

I'd like to grow herbs in pots on my balconies.  I have found Thai basil and also rosemary and they are doing pretty well.  I'd like to find mint , sage. thyme and cilantro (pak chii).  I tried cilantro and mint from seeds but nothing sprouted.

Anybody know where there is a good selection of potted herbs for sale in Bangkok?  Most garden centers seem only to have decorative plants and seed packs.

On Wednesdays and Thursdays, the Weekend Market is transformed to a nursery market. Plenty of good finds there. This would be, IMO, the easiest choice for access and selection.

Other than that, we quite often get seeds (and even whole plants) simply by talking to garden owners and caretakers. Works in various parks as well. Smiles and appreciation go a ways.

Royal Project Store at Or Tor Kor market often has potted herbs for sale. It's very random as to what they have on any given day.  I did buy Thyme and Italian Parsley there. I see Rosemary often. It's right next to the weekend market, so if you can't find anything there as dddave suggests give it a look. Plus they have very good prices on quality vegetables as well.

• Like 2