And so the exodus of quality expats begins. This time it's personal

8. 34

Indian Woman Strips in Defence Against Theft Claim

9. 38

Are Older Men in Thailand Trading Love for Financial Ruin

10. 165

Ukraine ... Enlighten yourself

11. 2,488

Thai gov. to tax (remitted) income from abroad for tax residents starting 2024 - Part II

12. 165

Ukraine ... Enlighten yourself

13. 25

Israeli Interrogator Warns of Continued Violence as Long as Hamas Leader Sinwar Lives

14. 72

A good hotdog

Midnight drama as four people stuck in Jomtien condo lift

webfact

Midnight drama as four people stuck in Jomtien condo lift

433693874_1614617471920481_8554124194068037632_n_1527488922.jpg

Pictures (2): Sanook

Four people including a seven year old boy and a foreigner were stuck in a Na Jomtien condo lift for an hour just after midnight Monday.

433653653_1614616995253862_1291529823054725120_n_1527488920.jpg

Engineers at the condo - that was not named - could not get the lift open but a rescue team managed to do it after about one hour.

The boy was given oxygen but everyone was alright, reported Sanook.

Thaninrat, 29, said that he and his friends were on their way to the fifth floor from floor one when the lights went out and they were stuck.

Condo management said there was an electrical wiring problem that had now been fixed.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-29

4 hours ago, Get Real said:

Great! Nobody got hurt or died, and the problem is fixed. What more can you ask for a Tuesday berfore going for your lunch?

Lunch just after midnight, now that’s a new one !

1 hour ago, DipStick said:

Lunch just after midnight, now that’s a new one !

Sorry, don´t have a habit reading the news at midnight. I am the traditional guy, reading it in the morning or before lunch. my comment is then regarding the time I read the news. How that even can be relevant, I don´t have a clue about.

It seems strange  that the hotel  engineers could not open the lift,  if it's a power failure,  all you need to do is go to the lift control room,  and wind the lift up to the next floor,  the doors should open by hand,  and if not use the lift door key. 

It seems strange  that the hotel  engineers could not open the lift,  if it's a power failure,  all you need to do is go to the lift control room,  and wind the lift up to the next floor,  the doors should open by hand,  and if not use the lift door key. 
This is one of those old Thai lifts, different system. Lets wait fixing it until it's broke. No maintenance.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, buffallobill said:

Even a poolcleaner is called a engineer

• Like 1

One hour seems more or less a fair time response for such a situation and for Thailand.

Just hope that the EMT response is a bit quicker for a cardio vascular or similar emergencies ?

Edited by observer90210

On 5/29/2018 at 5:45 PM, jerry921 said:

Is there any way I can find out which condo that is without breaking Thai rules?

I know but surely I get ban if I say it but just think about how meny high hotels/condos there are in na jomtien so someone will easily find out where it is 

Maybe if they could name the condo, they would be (rightfully) shamed for letting their elevator fail. What if the next failure involves the lift crashing to the ground, will this cowardly practice of not shaming some poo-yai who owns a condo really that important? If you can't name the condo, then all condos will be suspect and only lo-so chinese who already live in deplorable conditions (with elevators and escalators that kill people all the time in the news) will find the Jomtien attractive. Why should all condo buildings reputation suffer because of one condo's ("who can't be named") bad maintenance? Name em and shame em. They caused this themselves. And now their hurting everyone, both other poo-yai and non hi-so. Not naming them at this point is just very cowardly.

Edited by greenbottle555

On 5/29/2018 at 9:41 AM, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

If you are claustrophobic this is not a nice situation.

Maybe the trolls on here might get the opportunity to stay in a tiny dark hot lift for over an hour soon. 

Even if you're not claustrophobic the situation is more than enough to induce a panic attack in a lot of people.

On 5/29/2018 at 11:50 AM, observer90210 said:

One hour seems more or less a fair time response for such a situation and for Thailand.

Just hope that the EMT response is a bit quicker for a cardio vascular or similar emergencies ?

If they were trapped for an hour total, the one hour included all the time the condo maintenance people spent fruitlessly trying to get them out before they even called for EMTs. If someone had a heart attack I should think they'd call the EMTs right off.

31 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Agree with Greenbottle above.  If I'm thinking of a fortnight in Jomtien, I'd like to avoid the fore-mentioned hotel.  Failing that somewhere in Pattaya or Bang Saray.

Part of my difficulty in guessing the hotel is an inexact understanding of exactly where Na Jomtien is and how far it goes before it becomes somewhere else. Does anybody have a link to a map of Pattaya with lines drawn that separate the city into the various named sub-areas? Even if unofficial.