Pets and condos Pattaya and Jomtien area

sattahip

I cannot find a previous thread on this topic though I recall one. Anyway an update would be good.

I am looking for a condo where small pets are accepted or allowed.

If your condo is one I would really appreciate a heads up.

For members who have a strong condo anti pet bias please leave this thread alone. We already know your views and are only looking for positive and helpful replies

• Like 2

I've never heard of a condo here that allows it.

It seems to me condos could make money off allowing it though.

Like charge a monthly service fee to allow it and make owners sign a contract that the pet needs to go if there are repeated noise and poop complaints. 

Edited by Jingthing

Hello,

I am a dog lover and I would not live without my dog..

In our condo it has been tolerated and we have an AGM next week to vote for dogs to be allowed (will be voted without any problem as we have lots of proxies and most co owners agree)

We are owners but there is also one tenant who has a dog..

Our community is more than 20 years old, extremely quiet (3 occupied flats out of 23), huge pool with nobody inside except 2 or 3 people..

Lovely place.. We love it...

Of course you have to take care of your dog s poop... and clean it..

There are condos for sale and for rent..

PM me if interested

Have a nice day

• Like 1

There is a big pet show in Central Marina currently and a lot of very small dogs, cats, rabbits, birds and hamsters included. The show is attracting big crowds and continues through the weekend.

I reckon a fair few of the creatures for sale will end up in condos, banned or not.

• Thanks 1

Just a thought  but have you thought of renting a small house ?  often you can rent a house for a similar cost ..and you will get some private outside space for your pooch ? .My dog would go stir crazy in a condo 

• Thanks 1

On 6/1/2018 at 12:07 AM, KittenKong said:

I dont know of any building that officially permits pets, though I know of a couple of badly managed ones where they are either tolerated or the management simply doesnt know what's going on.

Any building that decides to allow them stands a very good chance of seeing unit values drop significantly, I suspect.

Well that's rubbish. The condos I know accept pets are Sunset Heights, Grand Condotel , Reflection, Park Royal all of which have robustly high resale prices. A bit of research before baseless surmises might be in order

• Like 2

On 6/1/2018 at 12:07 AM, KittenKong said:

I dont know of any building that officially permits pets, though I know of a couple of badly managed ones where they are either tolerated or the management simply doesnt know what's going on.

Any building that decides to allow them stands a very good chance of seeing unit values drop significantly, I suspect.

If there isn't a pet policy(ban) in the CC&Rs then the conclusion is pets are permitted. Pets are not permitted in my building. Animals are permitted in many condos throughout the world and my own personal anti-pet view is probably outdated. 

Well that's rubbish. The condos I know accept pets are Sunset Heights, Grand Condotel , Reflection, Park Royal all of which have robustly high resale prices. A bit of research before baseless surmises might be in order

So that's 4 out of about 400 then. My list of condos that dont allow pets would be much longer.

As for the resale values, dream on.

• Haha 1

Kitten Kong.

"So that's 4 out of about 400 then. My list of condos that dont allow pets would be much longer.

As for the resale values, dream on"

Once again a baseless comment without relevance  We were discussing condos that DO allow pets not all condos. Check Hipflat on values for condos I  mentioned.

• Like 1

If you already know the answers, why are you asking the question?

What I said was that I personally dont know of any condo building that officially authorises pets, and that I dont think that doing so would do anything to increase values. I certainly would not want to live in a building that allowed pets any more than I would want to live in one that had druggies/hookers roaming around the corridors, or kids screaming in the common areas, or karaoke bars in the car park. But that's just my own opinion based on my own knowledge, and YMMV.

Hipflat: their asking prices are largely meaningless. Hipflat also often contains completely erroneous prices that skew their historical stats extensively.

Reflections: for whatever reason they apparently allow hordes of Chinese tourists to trample across their common areas on their way to the beach, to the point that I remember co-owners holding a meeting recently to complain about it, so I would probably not immediately cite that building as a desirable or well-managed one.

Sunset Heights did come as a surprise as I rather like that building. But thanks to your information I can take it off my list of suitable places.

Thanks for your reply KK which I enjoyed

You say "If you already know the answers, why are you asking the question?" Again a silly remark. I know some of the answers but did not know all hence my inquiry.

I had a condo in Sunset Heights for 8 years and was treasurer. It was a happy building which welcomed pets as part of the family. I my 8 years on the committee we had nil problems with pets but a lot of pleasure from them.

I do not see what alleged hordes of tourists at Reflection have to do with pets. Perhaps you have spotted a mysterious connection??

Hipflat is useful for comparative purposes rather than absolute values as it reflects expectations rather well.

Equating pets with drug addicts and hookers again seems like forum extreme language.

Keep trying and maybe you will get back on topic some time