Poisoned lunch - 70 schoolkids in hospital after eating food from Pattaya market

rooster59

On 6/2/2018 at 9:38 AM, mok199 said:

my experience with food poisoning is 6-8 hours after consuming, I'm confused with the timeline here..lunch is noon and these kids became ill and still in class...1-3 hours after consuming the food???

Back in the 1990s I had dinner at a farang restaurant on Suhhumvit soi 23 and even with my driver going as fast as he could to my apartment opposite Central Chidlom it was too late. That was less than an hour after I ate.

When my girlfriend got back about an hour later she was confronted with the terrifying sight of me in the toilet/shower room, naked and alternatively squirting crap all over the place and with my head down the toilet puking.

Luckily she loved me and spent a lot of time hosing me down with the bum gun and finding the immodium. She loved me then and still does 24 years later, married for 18 and a 13 year old son.

I never went back to the restaurant and never had such a bad case of food poisoning like that again.

Sorry if I put you off your lunch.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

rich thais send their kids abroad because why? 

Even they know its crap....

zzzzzzzzzz your trolls are getting boring...

Edited by mok199
speliings
  • Haha 1

Frankly the average Thai stall or food vendor is always suspect.  Take for example those good tasting donner carts.  I love them.  But after they close up shop for the night, you will see they put the dressing, and stuff below in the cart, and they sit in the heat all day.  Heated Russian dressing with mayonnaise is not good for the bacteria count.  And all those trays of luke warm Thai food sitting around all day.  Just imagine how much is re-used the next day and the next and the next.  The germ theory and bacteria is not well understood or cared about over there

• Like 1

One of the things you see make the news in the USA a few times  a year is people getting sick from eating at the same place.  One common issue is the food workers used the water hose to wash or rinse the vegetables or lettuce, and this is the same hose they use to rinse the floor with, or fill the mop bucket with.  And that usually means the hose has sat on the floor, dirty filthy bacteria laden water has seeped back into the hose, etc. I recall it even happening at the US Air Force Academy.  The hose had recently and was usually pushed down into the floor drain.  Yech

23 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Or, to quote  UK advertising campaign, "No butts, it's got to be butter".

I liked this one when I went to the UK... trying to get people to wash their hands after using the loo claiming a research had found over 31 different traces of urine in a plate of peanuts in a bar...

Peenuts

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, LazySlipper said:

I liked this one when I went to the UK... trying to get people to wash their hands after using the loo claiming a research had found over 31 different traces of urine in a plate of peanuts in a bar...

Peenuts

Ha ha!

I must have been away too long - I'd never seen a pub offering peanuts/peenuts on the bar.

On 6/5/2018 at 7:21 AM, bluesofa said:

Ha ha!

I must have been away too long - I'd never seen a pub offering peanuts/peenuts on the bar.

I was there, in Whitley Bay, in 2000. Gotta say... I loved England, but too expensive.