Therapeutic Massage in Mae Rim

MrBrad

Once again the search feature on this website turns up nothing.  It's functionally worthless, from what I've experienced not only concerning this current issue, but also with searches in the past.

But be that as it may, I then need to ask again a question which I know has been addressed not too long ago.

I'm wanting to know more about a therapeutic massage clinic in Mae Rim, perhaps located in the Mae Rim Plaza.  Actually, I've noticed two different storefronts in the Plaza with "therapeutic massage" on their signage.  Can anyone please indicate the correct location of a clinic where you've sought relief, as well as recommendations regarding the expertise and efficacy of the therapist(s) at that clinic?

The reason for my asking is to find a masseuse who truly understands muscles and nerves.  

For the past couple of years I've been getting a weekly massage by a fellow in Mae Rim who is for the most part gentle in his technique, and has never caused me any discomfort.  As far as I was concerned he knew more than a lot of other guys I'd had work on me, particularly at the blind centers.  Incidentally, he, too, is blind.

About two weeks ago while working in the garden I turned my body in such a way that it caused days of nothing more than lying in bed.  I needed a wheelchair on one particular visit to Sipaht Hospital.  I've seen four different doctors there, and slowly I'm on the road to repair, having devoured dozens of pills of every sort.  (I exaggerate a bit there.)  I am able to get around quite well now; actually, I can ride my bicycle again, though I suffer for my stupidity afterwards.  Obviously, I need to give myself more time to heal well.  Oh, and I'm not saying that my weekly masseuse had anything to do with my sciatica. 

There's still some numbness in my right leg.  I've had a couple acupuncture treatments, and that's probably helped a bit; I'm not sure.

But back to getting a proper therapist, I'm wanting to find one who will hopefully assist rather than make things worse.  Hanging a shingle out in front of one's store, claiming to be a therapist is a bit iffy here in these parts.  I know of one old, competent, and maybe retired by now therapist who used to have his shop near Chang Peuak Gate, but some years ago he relocated to Bahn Pa Daet, south of town.  But that's a bit of a drive, though I may look him up after all.

One of the places in mae rim plaza follows a stricter traditional/medical style. They also do gua sha if i remember correctly. It may be worth a visit if you have some nagging issues that don't clear up with prescription meds. It's over near Steak of the Day. I haven't looked in a few months so can't confirm it's still there at the moment.

i just came back from a two hour massage at "Sabydee" massage by a girl named Pao/Pam. she was outstanding. the two hours was 400 and i tipped her 100. it's along the same stretch that "Let it Be" restaurant is on.

everyone was happy.

IMG_5450.jpg

Archived