Did you know you're a daddy? >..<

Trujillo

1 hour ago, poanoi said:

yes, according to your confused logic,

if a girl gives consent to a ladydrink, then she automatically also gives consent

to anal sex, cause, err, one thing can lead to another.

wake up and smell the coffee

I feel as though I am pounding sand down a rat hole. Let's follow your "logic." If a man talks to a bargirl, he has given his consent for her to have sex with him, cause, err, one thing can lead to another.  Please tell me what that has to do with a father's responsibility to his child? 

For some reason, a 'farang' baby is seen as desirable by many Thai ladies. Some might go with a farang just for this purpose. Others would just accept it as their fate if they became pregnant. They might not see it as the responsibility of the 'father' if he does not love her and she does not love him.

Of course, some might be hoping the farang will stick around or make a financial commitment. Others don't really care, they just want the baby. They may already have one or two children with a Thai father, but he has long since left the scene.

4 minutes ago, smotherb said:

I feel as though I am pounding sand down a rat hole. Let's follow your "logic." If a man talks to a bargirl, he has given his consent for her to have sex with him, cause, err, one thing can lead to another.  Please tell me what that has to do with a father's responsibility to his child? 

your logic is that if someone gives consent to any one thing,

then he/she automatically gives consent to anything

that can be traced back to consent 1.

so for instance, if i give my consent for you to drink a beer at my table,

then i somehow just gave consent for you to suck me, but u c,

that aint how it works, i only ever gave you consent to drink a beer,

dont extrapolate on that.

likewise, if i give a girl consent to suck me dry,

dont assume i just gave consent to have a child with me,

and dont assume i just agreed to pay for it for umpteen years

and pretend i'm happy it exist

27 minutes ago, poanoi said:

your logic is that if someone gives consent to any one thing,

then he/she automatically gives consent to anything

that can be traced back to consent 1.

so for instance, if i give my consent for you to drink a beer at my table,

then i somehow just gave consent for you to suck me, but u c,

that aint how it works, i only ever gave you consent to drink a beer,

dont extrapolate on that.

likewise, if i give a girl consent to suck me dry,

dont assume i just gave consent to have a child with me,

and dont assume i just agreed to pay for it for umpteen years

and pretend i'm happy it exist

I've been following this little debate and have observed some comments deliberately taken out of context in an attempt to 'win' rather than entertain intelligent discussion... 

In its simplest terms: When a couple choose to have penetrative sex they both accepts the possibility that the outcome 'could' result in a child. They must therefor both share responsibility for this choice. 

There are of course mitigating factors - but ultimately the possibility of a child exists from this first point of choice and as such, like it or not, so does the responsibility. 

If you are unable to handle or accept the responsibility of this initial choice to have penetrative sex then choose an alternative for with the outcome [pregnancy] is an impossibility. 

Edited by richard_smith237

12 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I've been following this little debate and have observed some comments deliberately taken out of context in an attempt to 'win' rather than entertain intelligent discussion... 

In its simplest terms: When a couple choose to have penetrative sex they both accepts the possibility that the outcome 'could' result in a child. They must therefor both share responsibility for this choice. 

There are of course mitigating factors - but ultimately the possibility of a child exists from this first point of choice and as such, like it or not, so does the responsibility. 

If you are unable to handle or accept the responsibility of this initial choice to have penetrative sex then choose an alternative for with the outcome [pregnancy] is an impossibility. 

in the simplest of terms: i'm not giving consent to a child,

there is no mitigating factor

The point being here,  in this day and age where there is the morning after pill, many other options to avoid pregnancy, the reality is the women made the choice, and are not bothered about the involvement/complication of the sperm donor.

Not uncommon in Thailand

So what is the issue?

15 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

I always finish on my hands....

Now that's the best way to save some money !   that's for sure

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:
1 hour ago, poanoi said:

HEY !!!!  this is an internet forum !!!!    50% of the posts are like that.   The other 50% are taking sides.

And a few just shake their heads and laugh.....

5 hours ago, smotherb said:

Why would guys know nothing about it? Did they not know they had unprotected sex, or did they just assume the girl took protection, or did they simply not care?

This might come as a surprise to you but not all ejaculations result in pregnancy. They are long gone and therefore would not know about it.

(I bolded part of your quote for emphasis. )

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I wonder what goes through the mind of a man who has unprotected sex and finished the act inside.

used to be:    i need a cigarette

nowadays i think its:   gotta check my messages

oh, how times have changed

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Jip99 said:

So just to confirm.....the girls have no need to take any responsibility?.....

Som nom nar.

If I was a girl and (for some reason) I had unprotected sex with a stranger,  and allowed him to come inside me,  I would consider myself to be primarily responsible for any ensuing pregnancy.

Additionally, I would want to be in control of what happened to my body.

If you think you have so much self control then please allow yourself to stop making silly judgemental posts.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, smotherb said:

This is getting to be very entertaining. Please continue.

• Haha 1

as usual, this sort of thread sees the habitual ninnies.

to comment on OP's story, I have had several requests from girls to make them pregnant, same story, and they all swore I would "not have to care anything". they just wanted a luk krueng baby.

as I'm not too aware of Thai laws about child recognition and child support, I did everything to avoid fathering further children.

what's the legal situation in Thailand for such cases?

4 minutes ago, manarak said:

I have had several requests from girls to make them pregnant, same story, and they all swore I would "not have to care anything". they just wanted a luk krueng baby.

Did you have to pay them, or did they do it  for free ?

2 minutes ago, manarak said:

as usual, this sort of thread sees the habitual ninnies.

to comment on OP's story, I have had several requests from girls to make them pregnant, same story, and they all swore I would "not have to care anything". they just wanted a luk krueng baby.

as I'm not too aware of Thai laws about child recognition and child support, I did everything to avoid fathering further children.

what's the legal situation in Thailand for such cases?

I don't know for sure what the law is; however, the existence of DNA paternity tests here would appear to indicate there is some legal obligation. That, and the unending stream of reports of Thai guys doing a runner from a pregnant GF.

You believe them when they say you have no obligation? I used to believe in the tooth fairy.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

I don't know for sure what the law is; however, the existence of DNA paternity tests here would appear to indicate there is some legal obligation. That, and the unending stream of reports of Thai guys doing a runner from a pregnant GF.

You believe them when they say you have no obligation? I used to believe in the tooth fairy.

As you do not know the facts , its better for you not to give an opinion .

Unmarried Fathers have no legal rights or financial obligations , they are regarded as just being friends with the mother, when she got pregnant 

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

the DNA tests might also be used to disprove paternity...

Thai guys doing a runner... yes. but I never heard about one getting caught and being sentenced to pay child support.

if you believe that I believe what a Thai says, I guess you still believe not only in the tooth fairy but also in santa claus, easter bunny and maybe jesus christ.

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Where did you meet these girls ?

Do you have their contact details ?

lol.

I have been living in Thailand for 7 years already.

You can meet these girls anywhere... just chat them up politely, a good number will be happy to have fun and from these, some will want the baby.

it's mostly isaan girls who want that though.

Edited by manarak

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

As you do not know the facts , its better for you not to give an opinion .

Unmarried Fathers have no legal rights or financial obligations , they are regarded as just being friends with the mother, when she got pregnant 

Why don't you Google it for me then. I wasn't aware we had an opinion police on TV.

If there are no rights or financial obligations of these "friends", why do they do a runner?

Opinions can be based on empirical evidence as well as facts.

Edited by Lacessit

Just now, Lacessit said:

Why don't you Google it for me then. I wasn't aware we had an opinion police on TV.

When you even admit to not knowing the law and then go on to state you opinion as being factual, when infact you are wrong

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

When you even admit to not knowing the law and then go on to state you opinion as being factual, when infact you are wrong

And you know this how? Quote me an authoritative source.

It would appear there can be a child support liability, involving going to court, not automatic,  and I imagine not enforced.

Child Support for Illegitimate Child

When a child is born out of marriage, the biological father of the child is not bound by law to pay for the financial support unless the legitimation of the child in Thailand issue is brought to the court; then the court will decide such issues concerning legitimation, child custody, and child support in the same case.

https://www.siam-legal.com/legal_services/Child-Support-in-Thailand.php

• Thanks 1

Could be that the girls have no idea who the father is ?

No. In the cases that I am aware of they are 100% sure who the father is. Two of the girls even gave me the Facebook pages of the men. 

You said " Two of the men were sex tourists " so I guess they were sex workers. I'm still amazed that Western men believe what they are told by Thai sex workers.

I'm not sure what your point is. Are you implying that the women lied to me about having a baby, even though I have seen them pregnant and saw photos of the children? Come on, think man. ...

I wasn't trying to give some sex-ed lesson (obviously, I thought), but was commenting on what I thought was an interesting situation that occurs here. 

Apparently the idea is that certain men can come to Thailand and feel that there is no responsibility at all for making a woman pregnant here in consensual sex (for money) that could very well lead to having a baby. I mean the fact that you are unlikely to every see the mother again (or your son/daughter), to me doesn't deflect the real fact that you fathered a child (your son...your daughter) who you basically abandoned (and the mother) without a care in the world. 

Yes, under the Thai system there is some financial responsibility for the man if it is proven that he is indeed the father (and you pulled a dead-beat dad). But the women I know did not want to pursue this because, as I understood it, it was more trouble than it was worth and they were pretty sure that in the end, nothing would be acommplished anyway. 

Anyhow, I just think it's... how to put it mildly?...poor form to behave like this. 

I was brought up with perhaps a finer moral compass than these guys who take no responsibility for their actions. And by the way, none of these girls wanted to have a baby with anyone. 

And lastly, if there are any men out there reading this who can say, "Yes, I could have made a Thai girl pregnant," what is your thinking? "I don't give a fig about now having a son or daughter"? "Thai women are just objects to be used and whatever happens to them is not my concern"? 

It's not about "blame" or "fault" it's about being responsible for your actions. I thought fathering a child was one of the most important things a man could do. Wouldn't you agree? 

• Like 2