What's Klaeng Like?

bogaty

I tried posting this thread in the Pattaya forums but got no response so I figured I'd try here.

I currently live in Japan but I want to relocate to Thailand. I've been offered in Klaeng but I've only ever gone through Klaeng on the bus and I was asleep both times. What exactly is there in the way of amenities, international restaurants and Tesco like shops?

I tried posting this thread in the Pattaya forums but got no response so I figured I'd try here.

I currently live in Japan but I want to relocate to Thailand. I've been offered in Klaeng but I've only ever gone through Klaeng on the bus and I was asleep both times. What exactly is there in the way of amenities, international restaurants and Tesco like shops?

I lived in Klaeng (Samyan) for about 4 months in total. It's a very nice place. As another poster said, good beaches about 10 kms away. There is a small Tesco nearby (was Saveland). No international restaurants. I have many good friends in Klaeng...mostly Thai but I know about 5 farangs there.

My GF is from Klaeng. It is pretty much as decribed... a sleepy little Thai town.Her family owns a hardware / dry goods shop in a shophouse on the main street, and live upstairs. I like it there, the atmosphere is quiet and relaxing. However, living there full time would probably drive me crazy.

We spent New Years Eve down there (while Bangkok was exploding) and I was so suprised to see that the main street was quiet and empty at 12 AM. Everyone seemed to be asleep!

There is not much in the way of Farang restaurants or facilities. They do indeed have a Tesco, which has opened recently. More shopping and facilities are available in Rayong, which is about 45 minutes drive from Klaeng.