Supporting documents for all UK Visas to be digitally scanned from 15 June.

6 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Don't really want to answer for Denim, but I have been closely watching the timescales. He submitted on 20th June, so 15 working days to the sms being sent saying all complete. The decision was probably the day before i.e. 14 working days.

I think that was how I read it.

Yes thought it was about that. I'll have mine end of month then..submitted on 9th.

13 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Don't really want to answer for Denim, but I have been closely watching the timescales. He submitted on 20th June, so 15 working days to the sms being sent saying all complete. The decision was probably the day before i.e. 14 working days.

I think that was how I read it.

Exactly right. The passport was in the post office yesterday so just as well I checked today.

2 minutes ago, Maradona 10 said:

Did you receive a letter with it or just the passport?

No . When I had the unopened package in my hands all I could feel was the passport , no envelope or letter , which I took to be a good sign.

A letter might be to say why the application failed.

Also, although the letter was sent EMS we were given no trcking number.

11 minutes ago, Denim said:

No . When I had the unopened package in my hands all I could feel was the passport , no envelope or letter , which I took to be a good sign.

A letter might be to say why the application failed.

Also, although the letter was sent EMS we were given no trcking number.

As I thought. So if you see a letter you know it's been rejected.

I/we paid for for the courier service, so will it come direct to my house, I assume it would?

1 minute ago, Maradona 10 said:

I/we paid for for the courier service, so will it come direct to my house, I assume it would?

I assumed it would. It should ....you paid for that service like we did.

However , ours was sent on Wednesday and was at the post office Thursday afternoon. When the postman came this morning he did not have it with him and knew nothing about it. As I had to go there to send some stuff to customers I asked after it and got it there rather than wait. It is Friday after all.

3 minutes ago, Denim said:

I assumed it would. It should ....you paid for that service like we did.

However , ours was sent on Wednesday and was at the post office Thursday afternoon. When the postman came this morning he did not have it with him and knew nothing about it. As I had to go there to send some stuff to customers I asked after it and got it there rather than wait. It is Friday after all.

Well if he doesn't have mine by month end I'm setting the dog onto him.

8 minutes ago, Maradona 10 said:

You may want to intercept it (if convenient) from your local PO....you will have an EMS tracking number so you can see when it will arrive there. The Thai postal service may not share the same urgency as you do.... my missus always goes to collect hers.

2 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

You may want to intercept it (if convenient) from your local PO....you will have an EMS tracking number so you can see when it will arrive there. The Thai postal service may not share the same urgency as you do.... my missus always goes to collect hers.

Yes can do like that.

21 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

We were not given an EMS tracking number. Not given in either of the SMS messages or email notification.

Not on the VFS receipt either.

I gave the post office our address and they found it for me with just that.

10 minutes ago, Denim said:

We were not given an EMS tracking number. Not given in either of the SMS messages or email notification.

Not on the VFS receipt either.

I gave the post office our address and they found it for me with just that.

Really?

It is normally written on the receipt that VfS give you.... that said, most people will now pay in advance and will not get a receipt on the day. Pouchay has confirmed that his wife had the EMS tracking number written on a copy of her passport ID page.

I will be surprised if Mrs Denim doesn't have something similar,,,the EMS tracing number will look like EU123456789TH

11 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Really?

It is normally written on the receipt that VfS give you.... that said, most people will now pay in advance and will not get a receipt on the day. Pouchay has confirmed that his wife had the EMS tracking number written on a copy of her passport ID page.

I will be surprised if Mrs Denim doesn't have something similar,,,the EMS tracing number will look like EU123456789TH

Just checked mine, it does have the EMS number on passport copy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maradona 10 said:

Just checked mine, it does have the EMS number on passport copy.

Beg your pardon gents. As Maradona  says , it was scribbled on the top of the passport copy  beginning with a Q ....ending in TH.

Not on the receipt. Missed it as there was a piece of Passport Collection bumph stapled over it

My bad.

2 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Really?

Indeed. My wife has a EU(9 numbers)TH number on the copy of her passport. Also a stamp confirming bio metrics have been done and a stamp in the name of the member of staff that took care of everything.

28 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Still no indication of whether some applicants are being phoned to clarify parts of their application, as used to happen before the move to India?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I was not aware that used to happen; applicants were always asked "is that everything you want to submit?" by VfS.

You can now buy a premium service option to submit additional documents within 3 days......350 Baht.

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/th/en/premium-services/application-and-document-checks

I was not aware that used to happen; applicants were always asked "is that everything you want to submit?" by VfS.

You can now buy a premium service option to submit additional documents within 3 days......350 Baht.

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/th/en/premium-services/application-and-document-checks

It was nothing to do with VFS. Sometimes someone from UKVI would phone, normally a Thai working as an assistant to the ECO at the Embassy, to check details on the application. Since the move to Delhi, it must be more difficult to get Thai speakers to do this and as a result maybe it's been stopped.

9 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

It was nothing to do with VFS. Sometimes someone from UKVI would phone, normally a Thai working as an assistant to the ECO at the Embassy, to check details on the application. Since the move to Delhi, it must be more difficult to get Thai speakers to do this and as a result maybe it's been stopped.

That is more likely to be the telephone interview ....... invariably undertaken in Thai.

• Like 1

Just received an email saying the application will not be completed within their standard 15 working days because they need more information and will contact us. It looks like a form letter which covers them for not meeting service standards for turnaround, it looks like the new system isn't working well and or New Delhi is swamped.

1 hour ago, simoh1490 said:

Just received an email saying the application will not be completed within their standard 15 working days because they need more information and will contact us. It looks like a form letter which covers them for not meeting service standards for turnaround, it looks like the new system isn't working well and or New Delhi is swamped.

I received that email this morning too (filed 28/06 so 14 days down). 

While I thought my application easily covers all the necessary requirements, I assume the delay in my case has something to do with being refused two Australian visas in the past decade. What I gather from a Facebook group in Thai, a lot of the 'straightforward' visitor applications now seem to be coming in within 14-15 days. 

10 hours ago, mnop said:

I received that email this morning too (filed 28/06 so 14 days down). 

While I thought my application easily covers all the necessary requirements, I assume the delay in my case has something to do with being refused two Australian visas in the past decade. What I gather from a Facebook group in Thai, a lot of the 'straightforward' visitor applications now seem to be coming in within 14-15 days. 

It's tourist season so there's high demand for visa's, plus the change over to New Delphi is also a factor I guess. I think the email is just them covering themselves against criticism about not meeting service level targets, we haven't personalized it and I suggest others don't also, instead, just be patient.

Visited VfS yesterday to drop off some documents and the missus went today to submit her UK visa application.

As usual I had booked an 08:30 appointment and she was out just after 9.00.

Something of a contrast to yesterday afternoon when there was barely s seat available.... took me almost an hour just to drop off the document.

That said, the system looked pretty efficient given the volume of people there.

6 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Visited VfS yesterday to drop off some documents and the missus went today to submit her UK visa application.

As usual I had booked an 08:30 appointment and she was out just after 9.00.

Something of a contrast to yesterday afternoon when there was barely s seat available.... took me almost an hour just to drop off the document.

That said, the system looked pretty efficient given the volume of people there.

I can't begin to imagine how the Delhi office looks, all the feeder offices funneling applications into congestion central.

5 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

I can't begin to imagine how the Delhi office looks, all the feeder offices funneling applications into congestion central.

Indeed......... the recent reports are not encouraging..... Bangkok embassy would turn round a straight forward application within a few days...... don't see that happening now.

1 hour ago, puchooay said:

Applied 11/7. Nothing yet. Not even a phone call asking questions. I'm hoping no news is good news.

Your benchmark can be taken from a near neighbour who submitted her application a week before you....... her 15 working days is up on Tuesday.