Phuket: Darasamuth underpass to close for maintenance

webfact

Darasamuth underpass to close for maintenance

Closed for scheduled maintenance.

By The Thaiger

1_2015320955493_SHmpfWzHqDBMWUPRIBImTgDv

The Phuket PR Office has announced that the Darasamuth Underpass (adjacent to Central Festival) will close from 9am to 3pm tomorrow (Thursday, June 7) while workers repair light bulbs. The announcement from the Phuket Highways Chief Somwang Lohanut.

Mr Somwang says, “both the northbound and southbound lanes through the underpass will be temporary closed. 

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/darasamuth-underpass-to-close-for-maintenance

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-06-06

2 hours ago, Valentine said:

Surely doing it during the night makes more sense.

sounds logical but as they probably have to turn off the electricity and probably don't possess a generator and floodlights then it's much easier to cause maximum disruption!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

I just thought of something: How many Thais does it take to change a light bulb? Answers, anyone??

I went through northwards this morning, south bound was closed. Long tailback for the slip road.

Seemed to be 3 trucks and about 15 people standing around. Fortunately it was all open upon returning a bit later.

When are they going to realise it needs 3 lanes all the way to the next intersection to the south, and a dedicated right lane for the north traffic at that corner?

23 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

I just thought of something: How many Thais does it take to change a light bulb? Answers, anyone??

Well, if it is a E27 standard bulb it has about 5 turns in the thread, so it takes one Thai engineer five days to put the new bulb in. He stays stationary and the world turns around him -> 5 days. But the real problem is, how to get the old bulb out? I am sure someone in Thailand knows how to turn time back and turn the world other way round.. At least Superman did it, remember the scene in the movie?

Somehow like this...