Assets after divorce

Hello 

I understand assets before marriage will not be divided. 

But how about assets accumulated after marriage ?

Does assets include you, and hers paychecks? 

Suppose if I purchase a car or house with my money. 

Inregards to who pays,  they will be divided 50/50? 

If the money used to buy a car or a house was yours (sin suan tua) before marriage  than you will get it back if you can show the judge proper proof. If you and your wife bought a house with your money and you signed a waver at the Land Office you can kiss the money good bye. If your wife bought the house with your money and didn't informed the Land Office about it she committed a criminal offence. Otherwise you should get back 50%. At least I did.

Edited by hanuman2543

Anything purchased during the marriage including property will be split 50/50.

The divorce courts have no interest whatsoever in the silly bit of paper that the land office makes you sign, that is only for their own benefit for some unknown reason.

Unless there are any extenuating circumstances or unless a different agreement has been reached at the negotiation hearing then the court will award 50/50.

HL

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, catman20 said:

hope she gets the lot, to teach all you mugs for getting married all the time. what wrong with all you men/babies ?:sorry:

One mans meat, another mans poison, you've tasted strychnine before I see!

• Haha 2

50% yeah, right, along with a lifetime's access on demand to her pussy

As a general rule you can expect to kiss goodbye to everything up to and including the shirt on your back. You'll also be expected to pay for the phlebotomy equipment used to bleed you dry

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

One mans meat, another mans poison, you've tasted strychnine before I see!

NO but i did have 1 divorce to relies it was a mugs game when i was young and a MUG. but wise men learn from their mistakes.

2 minutes ago, grumbleweed said:

50% yeah, right, along with a lifetime's access on demand to her pussy

As a general rule you can expect to kiss goodbye to everything up to and including the shirt on your back. You'll also be expected to pay for the phlebotomy equipment used to bleed you dry

Thai law is very clear on this, what you've posted is wrong and against forum rules.

1 minute ago, catman20 said:

NO but i did have 1 divorce to relies it was a mugs game when i was young and a MUG. but wise men learn from their mistakes.

I strongly suspect that getting married was not in itself the problem, the person you married, the age at which you married or your maturity at the time were almost certainly the real problems......been there, done that but I didn't swear off marriage as a result.

• Thanks 1

I strongly suspect that getting married was not in itself the problem, the person you married, the age at which you married or your maturity at the time were almost certainly the real problems......been there, done that but I didn't swear off marriage as a result.

to be fare to you and my ex wife i think you nailed it but had i knew then what i know now i would never marry ever, living together is cool in my book if your up for that i dont like the legal problems marriage brings with it when it goes wrong which in 90% of cases it dose. so many men end up with FA after divorce yet they still have another go at it, thats the bit i dont get.

Edited by catman20
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thai law is very clear on this, what you've posted is wrong and against forum rules.

Oh dear! There's always one

M'lord as evidence, allow me to present "Thai Law"  the ultimate in plasticity. Right up there with the Magna Carta

and since when were forum moderators self appointed?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, grumbleweed said:

Oh dear! There's always one

M'lord as evidence, allow me to present "Thai Law"  the ultimate in plasticity. Right up there with the Magna Carta

and since when were forum moderators self appointed?

People read these posts and use these threads as a source of information, that's why posting knowingly false information is against the rules - I had two choices, tell you that or report your post and have it deleted, I chose the nicer option.

9 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

People read these posts and use these threads as a source of information, that's why posting knowingly false information is against the rules - I had two choices, tell you that or report your post and have it deleted, I chose the nicer option.

For most part, people reading these posts have a sense of humour, along with the ability to recognize it. 

In case you didn't notice my original post referred to blood taking equipment, That should've been a clue with regard to the seriousness of my intent

You also have a third choice: You could choose to ignore it instead of playing the Forum Donald

Edited by grumbleweed
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, grumbleweed said:

For most part, people reading these posts have a sense of humour, along with the ability to recognize it. 

You also have a third choice: You could choose to ignore it instead of playing the Forum Donald

Being called on something like this and then playing the, "I was only joking and you missed the joke" card doesn't work for me but I'm not going to make a career out of debating this with you, I'll know how to play it with you next time. Out.

Just now, simoh1490 said:

Being called on something like this and then playing the, "I was only joking and you missed the joke" card doesn't work for me but I'm not going to make a career out of debating this with you, I'll know how to play it with you next time. Out.

check my edit

On 6/6/2018 at 10:43 AM, simoh1490 said:

A paycheck is not an asset but anything you purchase with it during a marriage is potentially so and thus divided.

That sounds a bit strange, not saying your not right.

So if you had a 1.000.000 before marriage and you buy a car with it during the marriage it will have to be divided ?

I thought they looked at how much the assets increased or decreased during the marriage period and then split the difference ?

Just now, robblok said:

That sounds a bit strange, not saying your not right.

So if you had a 1.000.000 before marriage and you buy a car with it during the marriage it will have to be divided ?

I thought they looked at how much the assets increased or decreased during the marriage period and then split the difference ?

I don't know the detailed formula that they use but I do know that salary is regarded as income rather than an asset, it only becomes the latter when you buy something or you put it into a savings account, in which case the savings account becomes the asset. But using your example....if one partner brought 1 mill. into the marriage and left it in a savings account and then divorced, that 1 mill. would be regarded as that person's asset and would not be split. But if that same partner bought a vehicle with the money and whilst they were married, that would become a marital asset because it was acquired during marriage hence it would be split. 

5 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

I don't know the detailed formula that they use but I do know that salary is regarded as income rather than an asset, it only becomes the latter when you buy something or you put it into a savings account, in which case the savings account becomes the asset. But using your example....if one partner brought 1 mill. into the marriage and left it in a savings account and then divorced, that 1 mill. would be regarded as that person's asset and would not be split. But if that same partner bought a vehicle with the money and whilst they were married, that would become a marital asset because it was acquired during marriage hence it would be split. 

That is what I mean, that they will look at how much assets you had before marriage and how much after and the increase / decrease would be split. Of course salary is not an asset but like you said the moment you put it in the bank it will become one.

I had a divorce (without the court) and my ex only wanted what she brought in I mean what she paid for the house and car she wanted that back and i could keep the house and car. Real good split so I did not have to go to court to fight it out.

• Like 1

First, be amicable and fair.  Determine what assets you have accumulated during your marriage, and figure out an equitable way to divide them.  This isn't the West, so you have no responsibility to continue to support her in any way after a divorce.  Then go to your Amphur and file for an administrative divorce. 
No lawyers, no hassle, and a clean split.  Best of luck.

Edited by connda

At the Ampors office we had it all written in to the divorce agreement and registered at the office with the divorce. She has gone to Narkhon Nowhere and I am living in the house looking after the kid until it gets sold. Hope it works out?

3 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

This is not true. I recommend you read the TCC from Section 1470 up to 1474 and maybe be more careful about lecturing other posters about posting wrong information .

12 minutes ago, hanuman2543 said:

This is not true. I recommend you read the TCC from Section 1470 up to 1474 and maybe be more careful about lecturing other posters about posting wrong information .

I suggest you not lecture me, if you have a different idea to mine, post it, with the proof!

9 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

I suggest you not lecture me, if you have a different idea to mine, post it, with the proof!

Here you go:

Section 1470. Properties of husband and wife except in so far as they are set aside as Sin Suan Tua, are Sin Somros.

Section 1471. Sin Suan Tua consists of:

(1) property belonging to either spouse before marriage

(2) property for personal use, dress or ornament suitable for station in life, or tools necessary for carrying on the profession of either spouse

(3) property acquired by either spouse during marriage through a will or gift

(4) Khongman.

Section 1472. As regards to Sin Suan Tua, if it has been exchanged to other property, other property has been bought or money has been acquired from selling it, such other property or money acquired shall be Sin Suan Tua.

Where the Sin Suan Tua has been totally or partly destroyed but replaced by other property or the money, such other property shall be Sin Suan Tua.

Section 1473. Each spouse is manager of his or her Sin Suan Tua.

Section 1474. Sin Somros consists of:

(1) property acquired during marriage;
(2) property acquired by either spouse during marriage through a will of gift made in writing if it is declared by such will or document of gift to be Sin Somros;
(3) fruits of Sin Suan Tua.

24 minutes ago, hanuman2543 said:

Here you go:

Section 1470. Properties of husband and wife except in so far as they are set aside as Sin Suan Tua, are Sin Somros.

Section 1471. Sin Suan Tua consists of:

(1) property belonging to either spouse before marriage

(2) property for personal use, dress or ornament suitable for station in life, or tools necessary for carrying on the profession of either spouse

(3) property acquired by either spouse during marriage through a will or gift

(4) Khongman.

Section 1472. As regards to Sin Suan Tua, if it has been exchanged to other property, other property has been bought or money has been acquired from selling it, such other property or money acquired shall be Sin Suan Tua.

Where the Sin Suan Tua has been totally or partly destroyed but replaced by other property or the money, such other property shall be Sin Suan Tua.

Section 1473. Each spouse is manager of his or her Sin Suan Tua.

Section 1474. Sin Somros consists of:

(1) property acquired during marriage;
(2) property acquired by either spouse during marriage through a will of gift made in writing if it is declared by such will or document of gift to be Sin Somros;
(3) fruits of Sin Suan Tua.

I stand corrected, the example I used was not accurate. The guiding principle however of a 50/50 split of assets acquired during marriage remains intact.

What if you get an inheritance left to you in your name and your wife gets a seperate amount left to her?

Lets assume wife spends all hers and you still have yours in the bank.

What happens to this ? split of not split ?

Edited by johnson36

16 minutes ago, johnson36 said:

What if you get an inheritance left to you in your name and your wife gets a seperate amount left to her?

Lets assume wife spends all hers and you still have yours in the bank.

What happens to this ? split of not split ?

It will be your sin suan tua. See 1471(3)

Edited by hanuman2543