What is my date for 90 days reporting.

I arrived April 6th and reported my residence April 9th at Jomtien Immigration. 

First possible date to do.

Nothing changed as its the same address.

Jomtien Immigration say i have to do so i do.

I leave again July 7th possibly the evening of July 6th.

I calculate that i should be ok for not reporting...

Is my logic right?

April 9th to July 7th. 

Or is it April 6th to July 4th?

I have non O plus retirement extension plus multiple entry stamp valid to March 2019..

Dont want to screw up for a day or so.

4 hours ago, dallen52 said:

I leave again July 7th possibly the evening of July 6th.

I calculate that i should be ok for not reporting...

Is my logic right?

Your 90th day will be July 4th; therefore, there is no problem not reporting your address again if leaving on the 6th/7th.

On 6/6/2018 at 10:44 AM, ubonjoe said:

It would be April 6th to July 4th.

Submitting a TM30 form after entering the country is not the same as doing a 90 day report.

On 6/6/2018 at 4:50 PM, elviajero said:

Your 90th day will be July 4th; therefore, there is no problem not reporting your address again if leaving on the 6th/7th.

I now have a flight departing Bkk on the 6th July 9:30 pm.

So the consensus is i will not need to report.

And NO recourse?

(No problems later)..

If needs be i can shoot down to Jomtien Immigration. 

But seems pointless. 

I will be back mid August. 

And start again.

44 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

I now have a flight departing Bkk on the 6th July 9:30 pm.

So the consensus is i will not need to report.

And NO recourse?

(No problems later)..

If needs be i can shoot down to Jomtien Immigration. 

But seems pointless. 

I will be back mid August. 

And start again.

There is no consensus. The person who said your 90th day is the 4th July so there is no problem if you leave on the 6th July without reporting has a personal hobby-horse. This is a misunderstanding of  the difference between being given a grace period of 7 days after you have been in the country 90 days to make the report , and being absolved of the need to make the report if you leave the country during the grace period. It is not a 97 day report.

The report becomes due on the 90th day you have been in the country: at that point you have the legal obligation to make it. You are given 7 days to make it. If you leave during that seven days, or you leave a month after you have still not done the report.

You may get fined next time you do a report and they notice one is missing. You may not if they don't notice, and this is a frequent occurrence.  Even if they don't notice this doesn't mean you didn't have to do the report, it just means you've been lucky.

• Thanks 1

On 6/7/2018 at 1:08 PM, partington said:

This is a misunderstanding of  the difference between being given a grace period of 7 days after you have been in the country 90 days to make the report , and being absolved of the need to make the report if you leave the country during the grace period. It is not a 97 day report.

There is no “grace period”. The law says that, if you are staying longer than 90 days, you should report your address (for the next petiod) as soon as possible after day 90. Immigration limit the time allowed to report to be within 7 days. A report does not become overdue until midnight on day 97, after which a fine for late reporting can be issued. No grace period is given once a fine becomes due.

It’s not a 90 day report either. It’s an address report required from anyone staying in the country longer than 90 days, that becomes unnecessary when you leave.

The report becomes due on the 90th day you have been in the country: at that point you have the legal obligation to make it.

No it doesn’t. The requirement to report your address starts on day 91. There is no legal obligation to report at that point, it’s to report as soon as possible.

If you leave during that seven days, or you leave a month after you have still not done the report.

Correct. However, if you leave on day 94 your stay ends and you only stayed continuously in the country for 94 days. As you didn’t stay longer than 97 days or report your address after day 97 a fine for reporting late cannot lawfully be charged, ever.

If you leave after 97 days without reporting a fine became due on day 98 and remains outstanding even when you leave. That fine could be retrospectively charged in the future, although highly unlikely.

You may get fined next time you do a report and they notice one is missing. You may not if they don't notice, and this is a frequent occurrence.  Even if they don't notice this doesn't mean you didn't have to do the report, it just means you've been lucky.

Utter nonsense. Luck doesn’t come in to it. They cannot legally fine anyone that leaves the country within 97 days. 

Two members that have recently asked the same question have subsequently asked their local offices if a report is required and both reported on TVF that they were told no.

Immigration are not interested in someone’s address that is leaving the country, because they are leaving the country!

• Like 1

Wow... 

And thanks to everyone. 

It will be day 92 I leave.

(6th July mid afternoon I go through the airport system).

Once again I'm inclined to just leave.

Not do the 90 day report, based on comments.

I have a multiple re entry on my O plus retirement extension. 

So as long as that's not impacted...

I will report residence on return mid August. 

And obviously feedback to the forum, if anything is said at Jomtien. 

• Like 1