TM30 explained for landlords and tenants

On 6/6/2018 at 7:44 PM, jackdd said:

Source for this? This doesn't make any sense

I just had a mishap leaving the airport and they brought me back to the computer to look at the screen (Chiang Mai) and I saw nothing of this on their screen and I was actively looking to see what it did have. It was actually surprisingly basic. So no, it’s not currently there.

8 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

the upper address field is for the owner, ie where he-she lives

the lower is the address you stay at

to be signed by owner

no you do not write below the dotted line

and you will need the name list, also to be signed by owner

I always attach signed copies of passport (photo page, arrival stamp, visa) and departure card

My Landlord lives in Norway and we only see her and her husband once a year so she cannot sign it, the lease is in my name so I guess that makes me the possessor or housemaster, I think I just won't bother with all this crap just for a few days with my daughter and son in law. 

16 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

Hi guys, 

I'm re-entering the country tomorrow and will to the reporting myself, the owner refuses. My immigration is Jomtien. 

The only one who seems to be confused about the layout is me, so I would really appreciate your help here...

If you look at my marks. Please point out where I'm off and correct how it should be. 

Thanks! 

Is there any other attachments I need to bring to immigration? Passport copies, etc.? 

13-06.png

IF ur landlord WONT go u need a POA, ( power of attorney form signed) an with 2 5 baht tax stamps, copy of his thai id card,( or if he is a Farang, copy of his passport) if its a business, copy of legal papers,  copy of the house paper.... all signed

TM 30 application

copy ur passport, copy ur departure card,copy ur entrance stamp,copy ur visa,copy ur lease

These are things i have and have needed the first time

" the lease is in my name " only needed as above

Edited by phuketrichard

15 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

IF ur landlord WONT go u need a POA, ( power of attorney form signed) an with 2 5 baht tax stamps, copy of his thai id card,( or if he is a Farang, copy of his passport) if its a business, copy of legal papers,  copy of the house paper.... all signed

TM 30 application

The power of attorney is not required at Jomtien immigration. AFAIK on Phuket wants that.

On 6/6/2018 at 11:02 PM, Pattaya46 said:

As you have read his other thread already, you certainly noticed he never give any source, any name or any link. He just copy other articles from Facebook posts, regardless of theem being news or rumour. :whistling:

There are many things false in his OP of this thread. By example :

> A TM30 is required to be completed within 24 hours of arrival at whichever building a foreigner is staying in. This applies to ALL foreigners regardless of, if they are visiting Thailand for a short holiday, or if they are living here more permanently.

False. Jomtien refuses TM30 of people living here on Retirement extension. (They refused mine)

> They are now asking for your TM30 when you report to immigration for your 90 day report, which obviously only applies to long stay visitors. 

False again. I made many 90-Days reports without any TM30

> Remember foreigners should carry their passport at all times according to Thai Law. 

False again. Many articles and speeches of high ranked Police officers on this subject. An official ID such as a Thai Driving Licence is enough.

Some where you have a tm30 you just do not need to fill one out every time because of permanant address. But it is required at different immigration offices. Just because you have not been asked doesn't mean another on extension of stay hasn't been asked

On 10/29/2018 at 8:41 PM, Sheryl said:

I take issue with that. My reading of the law does not in any way specify this. It states a need for the house master/landlord to file a TM 30 when an alien takes up residence. It DOES NOT indicate that the TM 30 must be re-filed after every overnight absence if the alien has not vacated residence and most Imm offices do not take it to mean so, though there are a few exceptions.

The law also specifies that the responsibility for filing lies with the landlord/house master not the alien though granted the consequences fall onto the alien if they need to use Imm services and no TM 30 on file.

Everyone who anticipates needing an extension in the future needs to check with their local Imm office to see what if anything they want by way if a TM30. From what I have read on this forum the majority want an initial TM30 and refiling after leaving the country and returning or changing place of residence. Bangkok apparently does not want anything. A very few locations want refiling after every overnight absence even witin Thailand.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 10/29/2018 at 9:25 PM, fforest1 said:

Get real folks how many visitors to Thailand know or even care about the TM 30?.....I would say very very few....

not as many as will be needing to know in the near future

On 10/30/2018 at 9:31 AM, tebee said:

OK I may be naive, but i've never had to fill in a TM30 in my life.

Neither have I , my advice is just to wait and see what happens, if you have to pay a fine it will be 1600 baht , not a heavy fine. 

If they ask you at immigration just play innocent , no big deal . I have been in and out of the country many times and moved around all over Thailand. Never been asked.  

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 5:21 PM, moe666 said:

Some where you have a tm30 you just do not need to fill one out every time because of permanant address. But it is required at different immigration offices. Just because you have not been asked doesn't mean another on extension of stay hasn't been asked

I never ever filled a TM30 or TM28.

I talked about that with some friends in my condo, and none of them filled one. Majority of them are retired people living here for 10 or 20 years already. Many of them even never heard of a TM30... :wink:

But yes, we all depend of Pattaya Immigration and I understand we are lucky for that.

On 11/4/2018 at 12:10 AM, Pattaya46 said:

I never ever filled a TM30 or TM28.

I talked about that with some friends in my condo, and none of them filled one. Majority of them are retired people living here for 10 or 20 years already. Many of them even never heard of a TM30... :wink:

But yes, we all depend of Pattaya Immigration and I understand we are lucky for that.

Note that this leniency only applies to the "Retirement Desk" in the Jomtien (Chonburi) immigration office.  Do not expect this at any other desk / for any other type of extension or service.  And (of course) the policy could change any time at the Retirement Desk.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2018 at 11:27 AM, jackdd said:

I corrected your first post a bit, my remarks in bold

Very informative and I apologise in advance for being dumb and repeating questions that have already been answered but I need to be crystal clear on the requirements.

1/ I arrive into BKK on a Friday and change plane arriving into CM at noon where I will be staying in my wife's house on a newly acquired Non-Immigrant O visa. I assume my wife not me (or can it also be me) is required to go to immigration and complete a TM30? If so must she do it in Friday or does she get a free pass until Monday without fine or recourse. (Understanding that different immigration boffices sometimes apply different rules).

2/ We are going to some homestay or guest houses on a trip. Again my understanding is the TM30 reporting is the responsibility of the guesthouse or hotel. What are the consequences for me personally if they don't do this? What happens when I move into the next hotel? (I have proof of online bookings).

3/. Staying with a friend. Again I understand it to be the owners responsibility, what are the consequences for him and me if the TM30 reporting isn't completed?

4/. When I finally return to my wife's house my wife will again go to immigration to complete my TM30.

5/.  Finally what happens if you walk into a hotel or guesthouse pay in cash and have no receipt or proof you stayed there and the hotel doesn't complete it's TM30 formalities. What are the consequences for me personally and the hotel? 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

14 hours ago, stament said:

5/.  Finally what happens if you walk into a hotel or guesthouse pay in cash and have no receipt or proof you stayed there and the hotel doesn't complete it's TM30 formalities. What are the consequences for me personally and the hotel? 

Even when paying in cash you should insist on an official receipt for your payment.

20 hours ago, stament said:

Ok and if you do get a receipt what do you do simply show it to immigration?

Yes. The receipt shows immigration who should have notified them of your arrival, ie the manager of that hotel, which means that you were not qualified to make the notification nor would it have been within your power to force compliance by the hotel manager.

Immigration has no legal right to punish you for the violation of a law committed by another person and if such injustice were inflicted upon me I would take it to court if necessary.

• Thanks 1

After a discussion with my condo owner following my Visa extension last week she had no idea what a TM30 was. (4 years same condo).   We both went to Samut Prakan today to do a formal TM30 and for her to understand the rules. There were a lot of Thai people doing the same - most of them were getting fined 2,000 Baht. Some people were clearly registering hostel type places with multiple pages of people and getting fined more.    She didn't get fined.

Some of this is translated hearsay some was told directly. It is a bit different from what I was told last week and it doesn't agree with the process I was given but here it is. I'm the alien.

The TM30 is mandatory in Samut Prakan. Owner will be fined if alien goes in for a 90 day report or a Visa, extension or renewal without a registered address  against  passport number / TM6 in the system. 

For long term condo rentals an initial TM30 must be registered by the owner.

Subsequent overseas trips by the alien can be reported online by the registered owner, OR a Thai passport holder if they are registered on the rental agreement OR the alien can  attend the Samut Prakan office after their trip.    Either way reporting must be within 24 hours. 

New rental agreements at the same address don't have to be reported with a new TM30 if the same people are on the agreement.  

They will be doing spot checks with owners. They wrote the owner phone numbers on the TM30 receipt in my passport.

Owner was also told that after a period of  time  alien Visas will be cancelled for those without a registered address attached to their Passport/ TM6 in the system. No idea on timeframe or implementation or whether this was just to scare me. If it's true your owner could be fined for failing to do a TM30, but you could be asked to leave the country.          

My owner has agreed to do my reporting  online so we're going to trial an internal and external trip in December and see how it works.

There are differing opinions about an internal trip in Thailand. If the Alien checks into a Thai hotel for a weekend away and therefore changes address on the computer without leaving the country does the alien  have to check back into their condo?  Seems obvious right ? The first answer was no problem. On the way out a Thai agent said yes problem. Apparently the computer record may not show the dates.  My assumption is they will look at the date closest to the TM6 date and say OK. Be aware of this if they claim your last reported check-in  date and TM6 don't match and they try and fine you. 

My owner did ask why now. The following may be speculation .

They've had a number of high profile blacklisted aliens turn up in unregistered dwellings. Also many "worker" dwellings don't bother registering anyone.  By fining owners they'll make it less attractive to ignore it which most owners have been doing. 

Basically enforcement of what they were always supposed to be doing.  

• 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, lust said:

I’m at chaeng watthana now doing my annual non immigrant o visa extension. I’m being fined 800 baht for not reporting my address....

That's something new.

At which kind of place do you stay? (hotel / apartment or condo which you rent / at your wife's house)

Fined for not submitting a TM30 or TM28?

Did you get a receipt for your 800THB fine?

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 2

If everybody went every single time they were away from their bed for 23hrs to do TM30 then nobody would be fined.

Why take the risk?

The rules are fickle. You know it. I know it and they know it.

Go and do TM30 everyone and over do it.

16 minutes ago, jackdd said:

That's something new.

At which kind of place do you stay? (hotel / apartment or condo which you rent / at your wife's house)

Fined for not submitting a TM30 or TM28?

Did you get a receipt for your 800THB fine?

We stay in a town house/ Moohbaahn. The contract is in my wife’s name, we are renting from a Thai person.

So you were fined because the owner of the house or your wife as the possessor of the house did not submit a TM30.

Obviously you could have refused to pay the fine, because you can't be legally fined for it (house master, owner or posessor, has to do it as the headline of the form states, you are non of this), but probably then they would have refused to do your extension.

That's of course a quite big change, because until now everybody assumed that private persons don't have to file a TM30 in Bangkok