Old Brit Accused Of Driving Drunk, Killing Rayong Girl

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Kieran00001 said:

Because its easier than each and every person providing evidence that they have the money, but if they do that is all that matters morally.

Good grief man, it is the law to protect against chancers like yourself, members of the "It won't happen to me" club...

In LOS insurance is cheap yet those who purport to have a huge bank accounts will risk lots of payout cash to save a little..Cheap skates..

Just for you a true story..

Two twelve year olds tearing around on a bike, they crash into an innocent guys motor, one dead, one with broken bones...

Will give you ONE guess who paid the families of the kids...One guess...

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Good grief man, it is the law to protect against chancers like yourself, members of the "It won't happen to me" club...

In LOS insurance is cheap yet those who purport to have a huge bank accounts will risk lots of payout cash to save a little..Cheap skates..

Just for you a true story..

Two twelve year olds tearing around on a bike, they crash into an innocent guys motor, one dead, one with broken bones...

Will give you ONE guess who paid the families of the kids...One guess...

I am pretty sure I already said that I am replying to a comment made about another poster rather than defending my personal position, I have insurance, as does the poster who was called a bad person, so either read the whole thread before commenting or at least keep your personal attacks to yourself unless you know what you are talking about. 

Anyway, what 'protection' does insurance bring to someone who has a lot more money than the pittance the Thai insurance pays out?  I say, up to them if they want to risk their own money, just as long as they actually have it.

I wou8ld really like to have an insurance that covers me for when dickwads drive into me if they are on a bike, bicylce or just jump off a bridge to attack my car.

absolutly ridiculous for crappy drivers to not be held accountable.

On this basis I would like the brit invovled to claim he was too drunk to know he was drunk and about to fall asleep.

statistically I would prefer a lot more drivers to be involved in fatality driving incidents, bikers, cyclists, cars, trucks it would all help my journeys so much

12 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

Insurance is a piece of paper that says that the money is there to pay a claim, those who have the money have no reason for insurance.

As I said SCUMBAGS

As for those who agree with or advocate doing it I think that I had best leave that alone

8 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

I am pretty sure I already said that I am replying to a comment made about another poster rather than defending my personal position, I have insurance, as does the poster who was called a bad person, so either read the whole thread before commenting or at least keep your personal attacks to yourself unless you know what you are talking about. 

Anyway, what 'protection' does insurance bring to someone who has a lot more money than the pittance the Thai insurance pays out?  I say, up to them if they want to risk their own money, just as long as they actually have it.

You are defending driving without insurance dont you realise that

You are no better than the uninsured

13 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

I am defending the right to self insure.

I am well aware of what you are doing, but that option does not exist as far as I am concerned

I do not trust that kind of lying scumbag

You are either insured or you aren't

How do you view stopping at red lights do you comply with that one or do you advocate self insuring for that as well

2 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

I am well aware of what you are doing, but that option does not exist as far as I am concerned

I do not trust that kind of lying scumbag

You are either insured or you aren't

How do you view stopping at red lights do you comply with that one or do you self insure for that as well

I don't need to stop for lights because I have rosary beads.

On 6/10/2018 at 6:53 AM, catman20 said:

if that was the case why is not a no alcohol ban for anyone driving ?

In some countries there is.

You realise that what you said isn't actually an argument.

Governments, especially Thailand, are not the yardsticks for the effects of alcohol.

The science will tell you that even a small beer or a single glass of wine is enough to impede anyone's driving abilities.

What is so worrying is that you, along with a few others don't seem to know this.

21 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

So how do you make sure they "actually have it" and that an appropriate sum will be made aavailable?

Perhaps some kind of certificate?

21 minutes ago, kwilco said:

So how do you make sure they "actually have it" and that an appropriate sum will be made aavailable?

Perhaps some kind of certificate?

If they have it and have an accident then they produce the money, if they don't then they go to prison, up to them in my opinion.

7 hours ago, kwilco said:

In some countries there is.

You realise that what you said isn't actually an argument.

Governments, especially Thailand, are not the yardsticks for the effects of alcohol.

The science will tell you that even a small beer or a single glass of wine is enough to impede anyone's driving abilities.

What is so worrying is that you, along with a few others don't seem to know this.

when i go out for an evening i only have 1small beer all night followed by about 6 or 7 bottles of soda water and im NOT surprised it has no effect on my ability to drive and if that impaired your driving ability people like you should not be allowed to drive period.

11 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

If they have it and have an accident then they produce the money, if they don't then they go to prison, up to them in my opinion.

Thats not a lot of help for the innocent parties is it

I really cant understand your thinking on this the word backward springs to mind

Driving drunk, with no license, so probably no insurance either then?
Thai, or Expat, that is wrong and deserves punishment.
Everyone needs to wake up and accept you just cant do this anymore.
It is not acceptable behaviour.
No "probably" about it. No insurance company is going to payout if you don't have a licence.

Sent from my E5823 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

57 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

Thats not a lot of help for the innocent parties is it

I really cant understand your thinking on this the word backward springs to mind

I do not support those without the money not having insurance and in what way are those with the money and who are willing to pay not a help to the innocent party?  

25 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

I do not support those without the money not having insurance and in what way are those with the money and who are willing to pay not a help to the innocent party?  

You support the right to self insure which is backward thinking to say the least

If only everybody was honest about their intentions but when it comes to the crunch

Plenty of money is paid out to avoid entering the " justice " system but thats rather a different matter

What you are advocating is a recipe for more stress for anybody involved in a incident 

Then of course why would a sensible honest person risk having to pay out far more than even a very good insurance policy premium would cost it does not make sense

33 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

I am beginning to think you fell off last years christmas tree where the honesty of the average member of the human race is concerned

1 minute ago, Cheops said:

It was a statement, not a question, so I don't know what you are trying to say. 

I will explain to you then, only you though nobody else

If you want your insurance company to pay out firstly you have to actually have one then you have to follow the rules

There now can you see how simple it is

3 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

I will explain to you then, only you though nobody else

If you want your insurance company to pay out firstly you have to actually have one then you have to follow the rules

There now can you see how simple it is

You are such a funny guy. :hit-the-fan:

Archived