Old Brit Accused Of Driving Drunk, Killing Rayong Girl

1 hour ago, stanleycoin said:

No humble pie here.

The fact he admitted he fell asleep has only just been stated.

His guilty,  end of, ( that's good evidence of his guilt )

I will still take any falangs side in a road accident situation over a thai's word.

Until good evidence is presented of the falangs guilt. drunk driving or not.

Thais are the worst drivers in the world FACT.

Also terrible liars when the falang is involved in an accident with them. FACT.

You can fly the flag mate, I won't until they behave themselves on the roads.

The fact that he was drunk was stated in the OP, so bashing the Thai is really stupid.

"Also terrible liars when the falang is involved in an accident with them. FACT."

Really? It's not my experience after driving 13 years here.

Were you involved in any accidents? Or are you just spouting nonsense?

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

Yes and he may well have been drunk (the Thai) but that will be ignored and 'cleaned up'. We live here and we know there is not much justice here so do NOT drink and drive - simple!  

<deleted> is wrong with some people commenting here. Why would you say that?

3 hours ago, Jonmarleesco said:

Just like too many Thai drivers, then.

And perhaps the headline writer could find something other than 'old Brit' to spice up his text. I don't tend to see too many references to old Thai. 

You do  know how TVF works and makes its money, don't you?

On 6/7/2018 at 12:28 PM, overherebc said:

It seems to be quite normal for these guys to have the attitude it's only Thailand, everybody does it coupled with 'it won't happen to me.'

I know quite a few retirees who regularly drink 5 to 10 beers and drive home thinking that if they are stopped by police it will be 500 baht and carry on. It might be in some cases but when/if they kill someone for sure 500 baht won't work. It is entirely possible a bit of jail time and maybe a flight home is heading his way.

'a bit of jail time'  he should get a life sentence and pictures of the little girl engraved into the cell walls and ceiling so he can look at her the rest of his retched life..........stupid M..........ker.  Drunk, no license, pbly no insurance, deserves everything they throw at him.

Stupid old sod, got himself into a world of pain - physically, emotionally, and financially. You can do without that at 79 years old. Could actually be a very nice guy apart from this one flaw in his character. Hopefully, some other stupid old sods might take a lesson from this. A 10 year old girl dead, that's something pretty awful to live with unless you're a psychopath.

5 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

That's a big increase, it was 8000 a few years ago.

Mainly minor injuries, 1000 + serious injuries and approx 200 dead but not good for a nanny state 

If I recall correctly over songkran something like 500,000 drink / driving cases but perhaps I have got that wrong

If I have, I have every confidence somebody will straighten me out

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

Sorry mate but the English guy has admitted to drink driving, and falling asleep, so why try to blame the Thai driver?

Sorry colin but you are out of order just behave

The comment was made before the update

1 hour ago, Expatthailover said:

Hey thats good old back home you are talking about.

Its perfect over there..shangri la if you like.

Its not perfect anywhere and it would be no better than Thailand if the police where to just sit on their backsides

On 6/7/2018 at 2:06 PM, cornishcarlos said:

If it was Thai killed Thai, then a solid Wai and some baht to compensate would be all...

This guy however, is gonna get a roasting, which if he was drunk then he fully deserves !!

No excuse for it but then no excuse for double standards either ?

Have you ever been to Thailand ?

It is a great misfortune to see a young innocent life stolen by an irresponsible act and I do not speak of the immense sadness of the parents in front of this injustice

But in the same time, right or wrong, and maybe, unlike many posters, I feel a certain compassion or rather pity for this old man I do not defend him no, no, no, not a second.

As an example, I think it should be possible to have some pity for someone who will be put to death instead of having hatred while thinking at the same time that the death penalty is justified! 
It is just a kind of sad feeling to think that this man who killed a poor innocent girl had totally destroyed his own life in this same  action, whereas he was maybe a good man before having had an honest and dignified life and at this old age he made a bigger bullshit than himself that had those serious and fatal consequences.

With what he drank he fell asleep at the wheel, and at 79 it was almost inevitable. How on earth can someone be so unaware of his own acts

What I mean I find it a pity to destroy one’s own life in a matter of a few seconds... in the autumn of one’s life!
I hope not to be misunderstood because once again it has nothing to do with any form whatsoever to take its defence...

..I hope I'm not going to be stunned for daring to give the substance of my thought,  English being not my mother tongue I for sure lack the finesse to express that.

12 hours ago, idman said:

Regardless of this plonkers Nationality, his age,lives have needlessly been ruined by yet another person getting behind the wheel of an automobile when drunk.  Throw the book at all of them, jail time mandatory, massive fines and never allowed to drive any type of vechicle again. This silly old Sod will spend his last days in a Thai jail and I hope he rots there.

So, ' regardless of this plonkers Nationality, his age ' , he has now become a ' silly old Sod '. 

I do agree with your sentence though.

14 hours ago, robblok said:

" An elderly Briton said Friday he fell asleep behind the wheel when he caused the death of a 10-year-old girl in a car crash."

Seems that everyone who was bashing the Thai driving and saying the Thai driver was responsible should eat a lot of humble pie. You know who you are. 

Its clearly the Brit who was wrong drinking and driving and now he has confessed to it and falling asleep behind the wheel. 

som nom na , what will be will be , just get a taxi home and dont drink and drive , i fell asleep in england at the wheel after 4-6  beers luckily i hit a stone wall in the countryside but the police breathalised me and i got 18 month ban and a fine 300 pounds so it was an expensive drink , it was my 2nd drink driving as i was going through a divorce and hit rock bottom but i vowed after that i would never drink drive again and its over 10 years now and i have not done that again and will not either , i learnt my lesson in time 

12 hours ago, Cheops said:

The fact that he was drunk was stated in the OP, so bashing the Thai is really stupid.

"Also terrible liars when the falang is involved in an accident with them. FACT."

Really? It's not my experience after driving 13 years here.

Were you involved in any accidents? Or are you just spouting nonsense?

i'm sure your right. I do apologize 

Oops what's this,  most unusual lying behaviour in Thailand.

I would just say , standard behaviour in Thailand.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1041844-video-tragedy-just-averted-as-school-song-thaew-driver-slapped-with-5000-baht-fine-and-suspension/

12 hours ago, Cheops said:

The first couple of years I also had no Thai DL. Stopped by the police of course some times, but DL from my home country was ok. Also in minor accident, insurance had no problems.

BTW, not having a Thai DL is not really what matters in this case. I mean he was probably a good driver if not drunk.

I hope that they do give him quite some jail time!

You should come to the table with clean hands.

before you, point fingers. :bah:

10 hours ago, oldlakey said:

Mainly minor injuries, 1000 + serious injuries and approx 200 dead but not good for a nanny state 

If I recall correctly over songkran something like 500,000 drink / driving cases but perhaps I have got that wrong

If I have, I have every confidence somebody will straighten me out

Yes, that is all traffic injuries where alcohol was involved, but an increase of 12% in just a few years, that is the worrying part, but of course our 9000 injuries resulting from drink driving is really nothing in comparison to the similar number of deaths Thailand sees from their drink driving problem, some 45% of all deaths on Thai roads involve alcohol, so that is over 10,000 deaths and approximately 80,000 injuries.

3 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

You should come to the table with clean hands.

before you, point fingers. :bah:

Clean hands, you mean having a valid licence?  Are you serious?  That's a legality that results in a small fine, not something that kills people like drink driving.

16 hours ago, Cheops said:

<deleted> is wrong with some people commenting here. Why would you say that?

Because I have first hand knowledge of an accident here with a drunk Thai and the Police covering it up. What's your problem with it?  you don't like that i say 'don't drink and drive'?  or you don't like that I KNOW that the farang is toast even if the Thai was drunk too (which is likely).  You need to take off your rose tinted specs mate and get real.

16 hours ago, overherebc said:

Scary figures from uk.

Average 85,000 drink driving convictions every year.

230 a day.

85% male.

That is a lot. I thought the message about drinking and driving had got through and it was greatly reduced now.

Going back say 20 or 30 years how do the figures compare?

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

Because I have first hand knowledge of an accident here with a drunk Thai and the Police covering it up. What's your problem with it?  you don't like that i say 'don't drink and drive'?  or you don't like that I KNOW that the farang is toast even if the Thai was drunk too (which is likely).  You need to take off your rose tinted specs mate and get real.

You are correct...

3 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

Clean hands, you mean having a valid licence?  Are you serious?  That's a legality that results in a small fine, not something that kills people like drink driving.

yes i'm serious.

You see its all about attitude, and he has demonstrated his attitude very clearly.

he stated he had a minor accident, with no licence and it was ok with the insurance company. do you think the insurance company and cops would have been ok if he had, had an accident and killed 15 people in a mini van ? do you think they would have paid out no problem ?

Like i said it's all about attitude, so that's why i made the comment about clean hands, his type are part of the problem here.

like the Thai are, they have a bad attitude, to driving and riding.

sorry if you can't see the implications for not driving legally in Thailand.

more fool you and any others that think it's ok , i would say. :thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

yes i'm serious.

You see its all about attitude, and he has demonstrated his attitude very clearly.

he stated he had a minor accident, with no licence and it was ok with the insurance company. do you think the insurance company would have been ok if he had, had an accident and killed 15 people in a mini van ? do you think they would have paid out no problem ?

Like i said it's all about attitude, so that's why i made the comment about clean hands.

sorry if you can't see the implications for not driving legally in Thilander.

more fool you , i would say. :thumbsup:

Oh, its the scenario of him having to pay a bill that is mud on his hands, got it.

16 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Nope, and I fail to see what nationality could have to do with this, some people put peoples lives at risk, others take risks with their finances, pretty different things.

please go back and read the post we are talking about.

the guy, was talking about insurance paying out after an accident whilst driving with out a licence.

You fail to see many things, just like many on the roads here.

llike i said it's all about attitude !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :stoner:

Archived