Premeditated murder of Chuwong: Banyin gets Bt2m bail

webfact

Banyin gets Bt2m bail

By Kesinee Taengkhieo 
The Nation

9da53c1d658ecd1487b82a2bed695d01.jpeg

File photo: Banyin Tangpakorn

Former deputy commerce minister Banyin Tangpakorn, indicted by prosecutors on charges of colluding in the premeditated killing of billionaire Chuwong Sae-tang in an apparent 2015 car accident, was granted a Bt2-million bail release on Thursday with a condition not to leave the country without a court's permission and not to tamper with evidence.

He was called to testify in court on July 9.

Prayuth Phetkhun, deputy spokesman for the Office of the Attorney-General, told a press conference that the 56-year-old Banyin was indicted for colluding in the premeditated murder of Chuwong and colluding to murder Chuwong to secure benefit. He could face the death penalty. 

Prayuth said the prosecutor's case against Banyin may be merged with the murder lawsuit filed by Chuwong's family, according to the court's discretion.

Construction tycoon Chuwong, 50, was found dead in the front passenger seat of a car driven by uninjured Banyin that hit a tree beside a road in Prawet district of Bangkok on June 26, 2015. 

Chuwong’s relatives’ complained that the death was suspicious, given that shares worth Bt260 million had been transferred to two women just days before his death.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30347230

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-06-08

1 hour ago, webfact said:

the 56-year-old Banyin was indicted for colluding in the premeditated murder of Chuwong and colluding to murder Chuwong to secure benefit. He could face the death penalty. 

he is gone; wouldn't surprise me if there weren't people already lining up to help him flee , for a fee of course

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

"with a condition not to leave the country without a court's permission"

There goes another one...

I might open up a B&B in U.K for fleeing Thais !!

What would be a good name for a that ?? Answers on a postcard to.......

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

Edited by Dave67
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

"Sawasdee Somchai"

Be prepared for complaints on the bad quality somtam and jok. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, zaphod reborn said:

It's quite difficult to escape from the tight grip the immigration officers have on the border.  Here's the proof of their commendable efforts from today's news.  http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/two-immigration-officers-face-probe-phra-prommethis-escape/

Not if you have money it doesnt appear to be.

PS Give my regards to the Vogons

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gandalf12 said:

This is hard to get my head around. Charges related to murder should never ever, no way, be granted bail. What idiot thought up this concept of bail for murder?

Yes me too, this is a disgusting situation. A man with money, a connection and a judge round out this vile relationship. Makes me sick

• Like 1

Quite a story if anyone has been following it.

The first wife of Banyin also died in a similar car accident. The stockbroker who is accused of forging the transfer documents claimed to be the mistress of  Chuwong and said he gave her the shares because she was carrying his child. She said she knew Banyin but wasn't close to him.

DNA testing done after the birth of her child showed Banyin to be the father (according to The Nation), guess she was a lot closer to him after all.

Has all the makings of a good soap opera.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nahkit said:

Quite a story if anyone has been following it.

The first wife of Banyin also died in a similar car accident. The stockbroker who is accused of forging the transfer documents claimed to be the mistress of  Chuwong and said he gave her the shares because she was carrying his child. She said she knew Banyin but wasn't close to him.

DNA testing done after the birth of her child showed Banyin to be the father (according to The Nation), guess she was a lot closer to him after all.

Has all the makings of a good soap opera.

"Has as all the makings.."

Just the usual down at the village noodle stall..

The HiSo's just have more bling,that's all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gandalf12 said:

Not if you have money it doesnt appear to be.

PS Give my regards to the Vogons

It is utterly astounding-and without any parallel in recorded human history-as to just how many "farang" come to Thailand just to meet the Vogons.

Once they meet them "Vogonitis" becomes rampant and what little grip they ever had on reality slips away...

Pretty tough on the Vogons,really.

7 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

BIB BLUES RESORT....:stoner:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gandalf12 said:

This is hard to get my head around. Charges related to murder should never ever, no way, be granted bail. What idiot thought up this concept of bail for murder?

We stopped bail for murder in the UK in 2009, not for conspiracy to murder or attempted murder though, they sometimes still get bailed.

2 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

It is utterly astounding-and without any parallel in recorded human history-as to just how many "farang" come to Thailand just to meet the Vogons.

Once they meet them "Vogonitis" becomes rampant and what little grip they ever had on reality slips away...

Pretty tough on the Vogons,really.

The Vogons do not deserve that

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

We stopped bail for murder in the UK in 2009, not for conspiracy to murder or attempted murder though, they sometimes still get bailed.

And for anyone considered a flight risk which I would think this guy is

• Like 1

10 hours ago, zaphod reborn said:

It's quite difficult to escape from the tight grip the immigration officers have on the border.  Here's the proof of their commendable efforts from today's news.  http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/two-immigration-officers-face-probe-phra-prommethis-escape/

not forgetting many many others …..

15 hours ago, YetAnother said:

he is gone; wouldn't surprise me if there weren't people already lining up to help him flee , for a fee of course

This was posted about 16 hours ago, is he still here or is he using the rehearsed YL escape plan, if so - it might be later tonight.

Did the court also seize his passport to help ensure enforcement of its order??? Or at least order a notice be lodged with the Immigration Bureau?

These kinds of articles usually don't say. And I think that usually means, no, the court did not.

An open invitation to scamper. And a reminder of just what a circus exists here for certain classes of people.