DLT introduces electronic driving test

webfact

Are these the same students who created the non-functioning 90 Day Report app?

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed again. Please stop using bold font when posting.
  • Like 1

All that’s needed now then is a brain to go with the drivers license and a way to learn to be aware of what’s going on at the front, back and sides of the motorist then we’ll be half way there to getting to international standards.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Falcon said:

All that’s needed now then is a brain to go with the drivers license and a way to learn to be aware of what’s going on at the front, back and sides of the motorist then we’ll be half way there to getting to international standards.

So perhaps an alternative (not the best alternative)  to real classes would be some screen based learning where the 'trainee' learns the rules of the road (yes they do exist, contrary to what many in my extended family will tell you) and whereby they must react to various danger etc., scenarios, including possible danger circumstances seen in rear-view mirrors. 

If marketed right could be attractive to kids / people who can't escape screens, games etc. 

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Mr. Sanit Phromwon, Director-General of the Department of Land Transport has collaborated with the Vocational Education Commission to develop prototypes for the e-driving system as a tool to standardize the assessment of driving skills across the country.

They're already standardised!  

Most of the Thai drivers I've seen can't reverse in a straight line; some even have trouble driving forward in a straight line.

I think the final scenario will be a salary increase for DLT staff, as per the normal routine.

5 minutes ago, scorecard said:

So perhaps an alternative (not the best alternative)  to real classes would be some screen based learning where the 'trainee' learns the rules of the road (yes they do exist, contrary to what many in my extended family will tell you) and whereby they must react to various danger etc., scenarios, including possible danger circumstances seen in rear-view mirrors. 

If marketed right could be attractive to kids / people who can't escape screens, games etc. 

Have you seen the compulsory video? Most of the people in the room where I watched it haven't as they were asleep! And no one saw it to the end as they switched it off early as it was lunchtime!

maybe if they actually had to drive in traffic to get their licence we would see some difference but when they dont get to drive in traffic till after they get them there is a huge problem, they have no idea of what they are supposed to do when there are other cars on the road with them

Already the etest  is giving the locals so many headaches.

After the farang leaves,  it'll be at least 15 min more before a Thai leaves the exam room. 

now you want to add a edriving test to reduce the brown envelopes. 

What's going to happen is you'll have more kon Thais on the road without a license at all. 

Why,  cause it's just too difficult,  the machine mai ao my brown envelope. 

Brilliant,  just brilliant 

11 hours ago, Maverell said:

boosting credibility in the issuance of driver's licenses according to international standards"  

What about first correct the wrong answers on the testing machines amd in the test itself for motorbikes? The english version. You could start from there. When i notofied the examinor he just said "yes i know" and that is all. 

19 hours ago, flyingtlger said:
So strap on your seatbelt and take a look at the deadliest countries to drive in.
  • Namibia. 45 deaths per 100,000 people per year. ...
  • Thailand. 44 deaths per 100,000 people per year. ...
  • Iran. 38 deaths per 100,000 people per year. ...
  • Sudan. (Reuters) ...
  • Swaziland. 36 deaths per 100,000 people per year. ...
  • Venezuela. ...
  • Congo. ...
  • Malawi

I have a feeling this electronic driving test is really not going to help a whole lot.....

Maybe if they "electrified" the test it would  weed  out the very worst??

At age 16 I took my road test in traffic, in a Canadian blizzard, in January. My road test for a motorcycle in Thailand was under a minute long and consisted of driving in a straight line, stopping, and dismounting. In an empty parking lot.

20 hours ago, flyingtlger said:
So strap on your seatbelt and take a look at the deadliest countries to drive in.
  • Namibia. 45 deaths per 100,000 people per year. ...
  • Thailand. 44 deaths per 100,000 people per year. ...
  • Iran. 38 deaths per 100,000 people per year. ...
  • Sudan. (Reuters) ...
  • Swaziland. 36 deaths per 100,000 people per year. ...
  • Venezuela. ...
  • Congo. ...
  • Malawi

I have a feeling this electronic driving test is really not going to help a whole lot.....

I hope you Thai drivers are reading this You only got the silver medal? Namibia has taken over the gold. Now get back on the roads and drive like a mob of idiots like you normally do and see if you can improve and snatch that gold medal. Otherwise, you will have the unelected Pm  breathing down your necks asking questions why you have not got the gold medal

Just now, Happyman58 said:

I hope you Thai drivers are reading this You only got the silver medal? Namibia has taken over the gold. Now get back on the roads and drive like a mob of idiots like you normally do and see if you can improve and snatch that gold medal. Otherwise, you will have the unelected Pm  breathing down your necks asking questions why you have not got the gold medal

And no you are right electronic driving will not help. Maybe no driving would help better

7 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

At age 16 I took my road test in traffic, in a Canadian blizzard, in January. My road test for a motorcycle in Thailand was under a minute long and consisted of driving in a straight line, stopping, and dismounting. In an empty parking lot.

Did you pass?  Also, count yourself lucky you did that Most Thais don't even do that

When I asked a friend of mine who lives here in Pattaya when was she going to get motorcycle licence just said too hard here, I go village give money get licence. So when this is stopped then maybe, and I use the word maybe loosely, we will see an improvement in road driving skills. 555555555