How Did They Get My Passport Copy?

SCOTT FITZGERSLD

Some time ago i had a minor operation in thai hospital.

i did not give them my real name, and they did not for it, not for any ID.

when i went back to the doctor for a check, i saw there my passport photo in my file,

while the doctor was looking in my file.

i never showed them my passport, but i did call them from my mobile phone.

could it be possible that they got my passport photo copy from the thai mobile company?

AND Is it legal ?

otherwise, maybe they got it from my embassy, after checking my CCTV photos with

face recognition technologies....

not that i care much, cause it  was nothing serious, but just amazed to the levels

of spying being done everywhere these days...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Why did you not ask the Doctor,while you were there?,

Was the operation to cut that lump off your head,hope

it was successful,time to change your avatar.

regards worgeordie

Why didn't he ask the doctor? Are you in the real world?

Erh, excuse me Doc, would you happen to know how you got my pic, as you see when I came here before I didn't give any ID.so...blah blah blah....*doc looking confused and totally dis-interested*

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

All hospitals I been take a pic when they register you, that's probably why they have you pic

Sent from my CPH1821 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

well, this doctor is so good and famous, that you have to wait few weeks just for an appointment, and than another few hours , and than you have just few minutes to rest your case, so you want to use every split second to talk about business, and only later i was wondering - how did they get my passport ?

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

All hospitals I been take a pic when they register you, that's probably why they have you pic

Sent from my CPH1821 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

i am not talking about my face photo, which , as you can see for yourself, is not something to write home about.

i am talking about PHOTO COPY OF MY PASSPORT - i never gave them my passport and than i still saw

a photo copy of my first passport page in my file.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

My dear friend, think about this for a moment. 

You registered with a hospital for an OP and presented zero ID, then somehow the hospital, allegedly, obtains a copy of your passport, hmmm! According to you they didn't know your real name so getting a copy from Immigration wasn't likely, hmm.

I'm thinking aliens possibly, either that or black ops, otherwise I'm stumped.

Wait, how did you pay your bill, in cash?

yes, allways AND ONLY cash . that is how this hospital works. maybe that's why they never asked me for I.D.

Why would someone go to the hospital and give a false name ? As others have said, you dont get an operation or get to see a doctor without showing ID. 

They would have your passport and know your "real" name because you gave it to them, maybe on a previous visit, maybe even at a different hospital.

Odd that the hospital didnt question why you gave a false name after they uncovered your true identity, good thing they were on the ball and didnt believe the fake name.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, simon43 said:

Presumably, the hospital didn't believe you when you said your name was Mickey Mouse, and decided to make their own enquiries...

Why on earth did you give a fake name?  Was it a particularly embarrassing minor op? (cucumber stuck up bum? nasty STD etc)

11 hours ago, simon43 said:

Presumably, the hospital didn't believe you when you said your name was Mickey Mouse, and decided to make their own enquiries...

Why on earth did you give a fake name?  Was it a particularly embarrassing minor op? (cucumber stuck up bum? nasty STD etc)

i did not want to give my real name just in case, cause i just came for a check and did not know it will procceed to an operation.

. anyway i did not think about it much, just gave a funny name when they first asked me for my name. than it proceed to that minor operation, and they never asked for any idea or date of birth, nothing. maybe they did not care cause i paid cash, and did not heve health insurance. 

anyway, never mind me. i am not so interesting. 

point is, they got my passport photo copy - and i never gave them my passport, nor any other detail besides that fake name !!! amazing !!

11 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Why would someone go to the hospital and give a false name ? As others have said, you dont get an operation or get to see a doctor without showing ID. 

They would have your passport and know your "real" name because you gave it to them, maybe on a previous visit, maybe even at a different hospital.

Odd that the hospital didnt question why you gave a false name after they uncovered your true identity, good thing they were on the ball and didnt believe the fake name.

i did not give my real name cause i was sure indeed that i will have to show my passport later,

but they never asked for my passport cause...i paid cash !!

got the point ? 

but i am not the problem here.

the problem here is - how did they get my passport photo copy???

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, johng said:

If you gave a Thai mobile phone number its possible to get your passport info from that as you need to present passport info for SIM cards for a while now.

Yes, the hospital has a whole department dedicated to finding out peoples real identity after they give a fake name and no ID. I imagine if the guy used his friends phone to call the hospital then the friends passport would be in the file.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2