How Did They Get My Passport Copy?

SCOTT FITZGERSLD

5 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

well, i had the operation and i did not show my passport and the hospital did not ask me

for my passport.

i remember it very well cause i was thinking , strange, they never asked me for my passport.

i don't think it is so strange. hospitals care most about your form of payment, especially if you are a foreigner.

needless to mention that it was a private hospital and i paid cash .

i am not sure why people sound angry here. call me a liar or amnesia. some hospitals will ask you

for your passport and some will not.

anyway, this is not the point i tried to make here. the point is that one private organisation / corporation got my passport

photo copy, without me giving it to him.

Well mate, i am not calling you a liar, you might have forgotten that you gave it to the hospital.

Before you start, it is possible your lady gave it to them ( as i already stated ) without your knowledge, or you did and dont remember, we have all done things and later no t remember, i have done it, but can admit the possibility of it happening..

I have had 6 operations here, and before any of them passport i.d. had to be produced along with my signature, or my wifes signature when i was unable to sign, due to being in a coma, but passport always had to be produced.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

My dear friend, think about this for a moment. 

You registered with a hospital for an OP and presented zero ID, then somehow the hospital, allegedly, obtains a copy of your passport, hmmm! According to you they didn't know your real name so getting a copy from Immigration wasn't likely, hmm.

I'm thinking aliens possibly, either that or black ops, otherwise I'm stumped.

Wait, how did you pay your bill, in cash?

You were going OK till the end. I've always paid my hospital bills in cash.

1 minute ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

how did they have a copy? i've never been to that hospital before.

That is the million dollar question. But, in response to why they did not ask for it, it seems logical that they did not need to as they already had it on file.

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You were going OK till the end. I've always paid my hospital bills in cash.

As do I. I was thinking maybe if he used a CC that would be a way they found his name and then lead to ways of how they obtained his passport, if indeed that happened at all.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

as i mentioned, i did call them from my mobile number, which is registered with my passport copy

with the mobile company.

the officer answering the call even said : " so this is your number?"

so maybe they got my passport copy from the mobile company.

still, it is scary to realise how easy they can do it.

you let all sorts of companies and hotels take photo copy of your passport, and

than you don;t know who'll get it.

It doesn't matter that they have your passport copy. It's impossible to live in LOS without producing ID ( passport ) for many things. I have to present passport to get my money from bank, if I want to stay in a guesthouse, to get a SIM card for phone. ID in LOS is a fact of life. If you don't like it, LOS is not the place for you.

The only reason to be shy about producing ID would be if one was on overstay, or trying to hide from the authorities.

BTW, I'm with the poster that thinks you just forgot you registered with your passport.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

as i mentioned, i did call them from my mobile number, which is registered with my passport copy

with the mobile company.

the officer answering the call even said : " so this is your number?"

so maybe they got my passport copy from the mobile company.

still, it is scary to realise how easy they can do it.

you let all sorts of companies and hotels take photo copy of your passport, and

than you don;t know who'll get it.

Well mate, 1 thing though why will you not admit to the possibility of your lady, or yourself giving them your passport?

Forget all this nonsense of cc card companies or others giving out your details.

When i was arrested 8 years ago, in the interview with the boss f police station, i noticed he already had a copy of my passport, where did he get it from?

I dont know or care, my passport was always with me, but he probably got it from my ex.

Edited by colinneil

16 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

I only gave a name, they never asked for I.D. and i never gave one.

16 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

well, sir, i did not present any ID. otherwise, why would i be bothering you with his question?

All hospitals are required to obtain a correct identity of a patient. 

How exactly did you guarantee payment of the procedure?  Typically, the hospital wants its money guaranteed. Too many foreigners   try to avoid paying. 

Did they not get a credit card imprint, or  your bank info?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

All hospitals are required to obtain a correct identity of a patient. 

How exactly did you guarantee payment of the procedure?  Typically, the hospital wants its money guaranteed. Too many foreigners   try to avoid paying. 

Did they not get a credit card imprint, or  your bank info?

cash

11 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It doesn't matter that they have your passport copy. It's impossible to live in LOS without producing ID ( passport ) for many things. I have to present passport to get my money from bank, if I want to stay in a guesthouse, to get a SIM card for phone. ID in LOS is a fact of life. If you don't like it, LOS is not the place for you.

The only reason to be shy about producing ID would be if one was on overstay, or trying to hide from the authorities.

BTW, I'm with the poster that thinks you just forgot you registered with your passport.

i will say it just one more time  - i am 100% sure i did not give my passport to that hospital. 

the only way thry could get it is  from the mobile company.

so it is just amazing to see how your personal data is exposed these days.

i guess it is the same all over the world, but in thailand just more obvious.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

with the mobile company.

Big mistake. You should have registered it using a random Thai person...

2 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

i will say it just one more time  - i am 100% sure i did not give my passport to that hospital. 

so it is just amazing to see how your personal data is exposed these days.

i guess it is the same all over the world, but in thailand just more obvious.

You say you had an operation. If you had a GA, it's possible the anaesthetic affected your memory.

21 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

The mobile company wont even tell them who the number is registered to, without a police warrant, much less send them a copy of your passport.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

i did not just walked into a hospital and asked to have an operation. 

i was checked there and they said i have to for an operation.

than i went to three other hospitals to get other opinions.

in all three hospitals - the biggest in thailand - i got to see the doctor without showing 

any passport.

i am sure about it just because i did not carry my passport on me !!

so...it is possible to see a doctor in a thai hospital (not all, i know of one who insist on seeing passport)

without showing your passport.

Common sense dude, they need verifiable ID to make sure you pay, for liability. You cant just walk in and say you're Donald J. Trump and they start carving you up. Get over, it's ridiculous. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

The mobile company wont even tell them who the number is registered to, without a police warrant, much less send them a copy of your passport.

Yes this is what they say (AIS), but......

10 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

i did not just walked into a hospital and asked to have an operation. 

i was checked there and they said i have to for an operation.

than i went to three other hospitals to get other opinions.

in all three hospitals - the biggest in thailand - i got to see the doctor without showing 

any passport.

i am sure about it just because i did not carry my passport on me !!

so...it is possible to see a doctor in a thai hospital (not all, i know of one who insist on seeing passport)

without showing your passport.

OK, name the hospitals 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Vacuum said:

What information?

What ever he had saved on the phone. While we are talking about things that never happen they my have inserted a micro GPS device in that bump on his forehead during surgery, lol.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

What ever he had saved on the phone. While we are talking about things that never happen they my have inserted a micro GPS device in that bump on his forehead during surgery, lol.

It doesn't matter what they did to his head, the operation was not a success.

• Haha 1