How Did They Get My Passport Copy?

SCOTT FITZGERSLD

It was obviously the alien mother-ship that passed on the passport information, just after the probing and inserting the tracker chip. A simple tin foil hat could have protected the OPs passport and data.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, the hospital has a whole department dedicated to finding out peoples real identity after they give a fake name and no ID. I imagine if the guy used his friends phone to call the hospital then the friends passport would be in the file.
More than likely yes...in Thailand "friends" in various places can often access information even where that information shouldn't be available.
They could also have a "friend" at immigration that most certainly would have a record of "John Doe's" face.
Then there are the Neighbours and Taxi drivers on every corner ....Dta Saparot Pineapple has many eyes.

40 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Why would someone go to the hospital and give a false name ?

You must not be American. 

I'd seriously consider paying cash and giving a false name to keep the record of whatever (now pre-existing) condition I was presenting for.  Otherwise, the American insurance companies will see that I checked into a Thai hospital to have a wart removed from my nose and deny coverage for anything that happens above my nipples- because it was a pre-existing condition. 

And yes, I am using hyperbole.  But not too much.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

i did not give my real name cause i was sure indeed that i will have to show my passport later,

but they never asked for my passport cause...i paid cash !!

got the point ? 

but i am not the problem here.

the problem here is - how did they get my passport photo copy???

Did they take any relevant medical history like age, weight, allergies, pre existing conditions, emergency contact or they just went ahead and operated, because you paid cash. Did they get that information from the phone company ?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, johng said:

More than likely yes...in Thailand "friends" in various places can often access information even where that information shouldn't be available.
They could also have a "friend" at immigration that most certainly would have a record of "John Doe's" face.
Then there are the Neighbours and Taxi drivers on every corner ....Dta Saparot Pineapple has many eyes.

Or they could just ask for the OPs passport, which he supplied then forgot.

1 hour ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

I only gave a name, they never asked for I.D. and i never gave one.

Well mate somebody gave them your passport or a copy.

It maybe your lady did it without your knowledge.

No op would be done without a copy of your id, as a farang it would be your passport.

Now before you or the usual riffraff that post sad on my posts starts telling me i am wrong, my wife gave Khonkaen hospital my passport, which they copied, before they would operate on me.

That was over 4 years ago, but my last hospital visit 2 weeks ago, they wanted my passport again.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

i am not talking about my face photo, which , as you can see for yourself, is not something to write home about.

i am talking about PHOTO COPY OF MY PASSPORT - i never gave them my passport and than i still saw

a photo copy of my first passport page in my file.

I think you went to surgery drunk and don't remember giving them passport.

15 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

point is, they got my passport photo copy - and i never gave them my passport, nor any other detail besides that fake name !!! amazing !!

point is, they got your passport photo copy - and from this they would have know that the name you gave them was fake !!! amazing !!

You wanted to play silly buggers with the hospital and they obliged you and chose not to point out what a silly bugger you were being.

I would give up while you're ahead.

15 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

Sorry, I - and most other posters - do not believe that.

Sent from my CPH1821 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I got bitten by dog inside Thai disco pub, went to doctor he asked me my name and address which was Kan guest house, I was travelling so he gave me  medical ID card to get more shots when due, no passport of  drivers license asked for or required .   taadaa.

4 minutes ago, theslime said:

I got bitten by dog inside Thai disco pub, went to doctor he asked me my name and address which was Kan guest house, I was travelling so he gave me  medical ID card to get more shots when due, no passport of  drivers license asked for or required .   taadaa.

Keep up mate, the OP had an operation, passport id is required here before a farang can be operated on.

You did not have an operation, so totally different scenario.

8 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

well, i had the operation and i did not show my passport and the hospital did not ask me

for my passport.

i remember it very well cause i was thinking , strange, they never asked me for my passport.

i don't think it is so strange. hospitals care most about your form of payment, especially if you are a foreigner.

needless to mention that it was a private hospital and i paid cash .

i am not sure why people sound angry here. call me a liar or amnesia. some hospitals will ask you

for your passport and some will not.

anyway, this is not the point i tried to make here. the point is that one private organisation / corporation got my passport

photo copy, without me giving it to him.

They didn't ask you because they already had a copy. You have seen it on file. Makes sense to me. :unsure: