How Did They Get My Passport Copy?

SCOTT FITZGERSLD

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Yes and i will say this 1 more time, they got it from you or your lady.

Why will you not admit that possibility?

The human who has never made a mistake has not been born yet.

.I think we all got your point colinneil.

Thank you for that.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Why did you not ask the Doctor,while you were there?,

Was the operation to cut that lump off your head,hope

it was successful,time to change your avatar.

regards worgeordie

Certainly wouldn't want to be "thin skinned" on here. A bit uncalled for..., methinks.

19 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

when i went back to the doctor for a check, i saw there my passport photo in my file,

From the initial post , he only states that he had his passport photo , he didnt state that they actually had a copy of his passport .

Its quite possible that the photo that he saw in the hospital records was not his passport photo , could be two different photos .

The hospital that I went to last week , takes my photo without informing me , when I'm sat at the desk .

Maybe they took his photo at the hospital and he thought that photo was his PP photo ?

• Like 1

At the end of the day the OP gave the hospital a false name but registered his cellphone in his real name together with a copy of his passport. You should change your name to Walter Mitty.

Will some mod please close this thread (after all, one of you did close the coleslaw topic).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

From the initial post , he only states that he had his passport photo , he didnt state that they actually had a copy of his passport .

Its quite possible that the photo that he saw in the hospital records was not his passport photo , could be two different photos .

The hospital that I went to last week , takes my photo without informing me , when I'm sat at the desk .

Maybe they took his photo at the hospital and he thought that photo was his PP photo ?

I think you just nailed it, nice one Max.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

i did not want to give my real name just in case, cause i just came for a check and did not know it will procceed to an operation.

. anyway i did not think about it much, just gave a funny name when they first asked me for my name. than it proceed to that minor operation, and they never asked for any idea or date of birth, nothing. maybe they did not care cause i paid cash, and did not heve health insurance. 

anyway, never mind me. i am not so interesting. 

point is, they got my passport photo copy - and i never gave them my passport, nor any other detail besides that fake name !!! amazing !!

On another forum about getting a retirement visa you went on and on about doing things the "right way" but it is OK to defraud a hospital by using a fake name just in case? What's up with that. In case of what exactly ? That's beyond strange.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

Moderator, please get the OP to tap-out, he's taken too many shots to the head.

You are "directing the moderators"? 

That's the worst sin known to man.

Edited by watcharacters
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

i did not give my real name cause i was sure indeed that i will have to show my passport later,

but they never asked for my passport cause...i paid cash !!

got the point ? 

but i am not the problem here.

the problem here is - how did they get my passport photo copy???

If I ran the hospital and you gave me a bogus name to get served you are absolutely the problem. It's called fraud to gain services.

21 minutes ago, sanemax said:

If you had read the whole boring thread you will have seen the OP re-affirming that it was a copy of his passport, not just a photo. That's how it remembers it anyway....;-)

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Belzybob said:

If you had read the whole boring thread you will have seen the OP re-affirming that it was a copy of his passport, not just a photo. That's how it remembers it anyway....;-)

I have just re read his posts and he states numerous times that it was just his PP photo that they had .

Although its quite misleading because he says "Passport photo copy" which could be misunderstood to mean a photocopy of his passport , rather than a copy of his passport photo .

He believes that because they had a copy of the photo from his passport, then they must have access to his passport .

If he was mistaken and the photo that they had is a different photo (taken at the hospital) and not his PP photo , that would explain how they got that photo

17 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

ONCE i aggreed to the operation, they did all kinds of exams on me, even HIV test, which i did not mind cause i am in good health. but one thing they never asked is my passport. believe it or not, but that's how it went - they never asked and never saw my passport. had they asked for it, i would show it. but they did not ask for my passport.

and than, i did saw a photo copy of my front passport page in my file, in the doctor hands.

now why would i lie about it? is it funny? is it exotic?

no, just interesting case that shows how our privacy is not protected.

I once (around 2014 or so) registered at Bangkok Christian Hospital and indeed I only had to fill a form and not provide any ID. Had I paid cash and not by card, I could have told them my name is Thaksin Shinawatra or similar.

I would not be surprised if Thai hospitals are connected to government agencies for security reasons. For example in case of an accident or emergency a victim (unconscious) may not have an ID with him/her but a mobile phone. Or if someone cannot / does not want to pay the the medical bills. The hospital staff could then check the number of the phone and identify him/her. Certainly a reason for concern in regards of privacy, but this is Thailand, after all.

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I have just re read his posts and he states numerous times that it was just his PP photo that they had .

Although its quite misleading because he says "Passport photo copy" which could be misunderstood to mean a photocopy of his passport , rather than a copy of his passport photo .

He believes that because they had a copy of the photo from his passport, then they must have access to his passport .

If he was mistaken and the photo that they had is a different photo (taken at the hospital) and not his PP photo , that would explain how they got that photo

Please reread one or more times.

"a photo copy of my first passport page in my file..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, watcharacters said:

Please reread one or more times.

"a photo copy of my first passport page in my file..

He did write that one time , after writing three times that they just had (a copy of his)  passport photo .

He initially stated three times that they just had his passport photo and then he changed that to them having a copy of a whole page from his PP

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

He did write that one time , after writing three times that they just had (a copy of his)  passport photo .

He initially stated three times that they just had his passport photo and then he changed that to them having a copy of a whole page from his PP

So now you're better informed.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

i did not give them my real name

WOW you must be very trustworthy. Probably gave the bill to somebody else too?!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Remember that a number of large hospitals in Thailand are under common ownership. It's possible they have an information-sharing arrangement. It's possible that at some point in the past the OP went to one of the hospitals in the same group with the same mobile number and presented his passport. Who knows. Or perhaps there's some sort of credit agency in Thailand that collects and shares information. Again, who knows. Maybe his passport and other valuables were locked safely away, so he thought, during the operation. Yes again, who knows.

23 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Why did you not ask the Doctor,while you were there?,

Was the operation to cut that lump off your head,hope

it was successful,time to change your avatar.

regards worgeordie

It wasnt from his head silly it was the lump above his neck. Bur seriously, why did he not give his real name? What was he trying to pull?

Edited by gandalf12