Rainbow Warrior arrives in Phuket with a clear message

rooster59

2 hours ago, NamKangMan said:

There is approximately 6 billion people living on the planet.  The responsibility for the planet rests upon ALL humanity. 

Your use of the word "responsibility" infers you are talking are talking about the past, whereas, my use of the word "responsibility" is in relation to the future.  Eg. does that shepherd in Tibet vote for a political party? 

Now, on the subject of livestock, emissions, global warming and "responsibility."  Livestock emissions, global, are quite significant, so, yes, the shpherd in Tibet also shares "responsibility."  

Here's a random article. 

Extract:  "Total emissions from global livestock: 7.1 Gigatonnes of Co2-equiv per year, representing 14.5 percent of all anthropogenic GHG emissions."

http://www.fao.org/news/story/en/item/197623/icode/

I was talking of our responsibility in terms of what we can be held accountable for, rather than what we may be accountable for in the future, and that is because that is real whereas the future is just speculation, but of course we are all responsible for the future, and in that sense, equally.

I do however find it a little off to call a shepherd out for the pollution of their small quantity of livestock as their particular contribution has been felt somewhat equally for millennia and without adverse effect, it is mass consumerism that has tipped the balance and the industrial farms that meet the demand.

2 hours ago, NamKangMan said:

There is approximately 6 billion people living on the planet.  The responsibility for the planet rests upon ALL humanity. 

Your use of the word "responsibility" infers you are talking are talking about the past, whereas, my use of the word "responsibility" is in relation to the future.  Eg. does that shepherd in Tibet vote for a political party? 

Now, on the subject of livestock, emissions, global warming and "responsibility."  Livestock emissions, global, are quite significant, so, yes, the shpherd in Tibet also shares "responsibility."  

Here's a random article. 

Extract:  "Total emissions from global livestock: 7.1 Gigatonnes of Co2-equiv per year, representing 14.5 percent of all anthropogenic GHG emissions."

http://www.fao.org/news/story/en/item/197623/icode/

I was talking of our responsibility in terms of what we can be held accountable for, rather than what we may be accountable for in the future, and that is because that is real whereas the future is just speculation, but of course we are all responsible for the future, and in that sense, equally.

I do however find it a little off to call a shepherd out for the pollution of their small quantity of livestock as their particular contribution has been felt somewhat equally for millennia and without adverse effect, it is mass consumerism that has tipped the balance and the industrial farms that meet the demand.