1 week holiday out of thailand. Where should I go?

bbabythai

Maldives a millionaires playground and Muslim dictatorship.

For tourists, the rules related to religion don’t apply, as long as your spending the cash and I’m not a millionaire (but this time next year!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is a stupid/silly question. Surely you can find some places to go without asking on here.

Do you know how to search the web???

It seems you are NOT geographically minded.

People who suggest places on here are good....but might NOT suit you.

SEARCH THE WEB....

1 hour ago, essox essox said:

i would suggest Fiji great people English speaking great beaches and scenery I have been and liked the place.

Hope Rimmer doesn't read your post..

Were you there on a religious pilgramage to worship Cloister? 

Should we wear red hats or blue hats....????

I second Hoi An, Vietnam. Can fly direct from Bangkok to Da Nang International Airport, and from Da Nang, Hoi An is 30 minutes down the coast, by local bus or taxi. There are lots of beaches close by, and Hoi An is a very old, picturesque and quiet town - as long as you stay a little bit outside of the old city. Recent development ; the really loud beer barns, (now favoured by young and recently cashed up Viets) have taken over the old city, and complaints are many, from guests in nearby hotels, about being unable to sleep. The covered Japanese (yes, Japanese) bridge in the old city is truly exquisite, and was built in 1590.
1206803060_ScreenShot2018-06-12at9_00_26PM.png.fc6a5586bfdeaeef1df79f3742c86d24.png
Think i went in the toilet in that yellow building, it was stinking, eye watering

Don't go to the Outer Hebrides. I worked there for a few years. Nothing to do unless you have friends or family there. *Yes I know you were joking*

Don't go to Penang. 12 hours in Penang is enough for me. 1 hour is enough for some people.

Is Cebu too far?

Mandalay is fantastic.

But Taipei is seriously on a whole another level, providing you don't mind spending a bit! I would live in Taipei if I knew what the hell was going on there.

Edited by pr9spk

21 hours ago, essox essox said:

this is a stupid/silly question. Surely you can find some places to go without asking on here.

Do you know how to search the web???

It seems you are NOT geographically minded.

People who suggest places on here are good....but might NOT suit you.

SEARCH THE WEB....

miserable git. this is a forum you idiot. any topics can be raised. I will do it whenever I want. I hope this lack of control that on me doesnt annoy you... ha ha

• Like 2

On 6/13/2018 at 4:35 PM, Bonobojt said:

trust me, don't go to the Ancient Market/Town, in Hoi An, there's nothing 'ancient' about it, its a touristy place full of annoying tourists taking selfies for Instagram and bored looking Vietnamese people selling worthless crap, I hated it, it felt so fake. Did I mention the army of Chinese tourists  ?

this may be a better experience 

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g298082-d2068091-Reviews-Tra_Que_Vegetable_Village-Hoi_An_Quang_Nam_Province.html

I disagree about Hoi An - mine, and other posters’, experiences are far more positive.

Like the look of your recommendation though.

herad lot of good feedback on this hidden gem Phu Quoc, VN.

This peaceful tropical paradise, floats in the warm turquoise waters in the Gulf of Thailand, 50kms from the Vietnamese mainland and a 50 minute flight from Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon).mapimage.jpg

Open year round with a peak season from November to March, Phu Quoc is becoming well known for stunning beaches, untouched natural environment, the easy going and relaxed atmosphere, friendly locals, and fantastic scuba diving and snorkelling.

The majority of Phu Quoc Island is dedicated to National Park and protected marine environment, providing a memorable experience, with plenty of exciting activities and places to visit to keep you and the family entertained during your stay.

Go to Eastern Europe, way better than anything this region can offer, and you won't be dripping with sweat every minute of the day.

And I’d guess, not too many Eastern Europeans there too!

(Joke)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 6/12/2018 at 1:09 AM, Denim said:

Seconded.

Not overrun by tourists , good food,nice empty beaches, jungle trails ,historic colonial buildings.

Cheap , close and friendly.

ive just returned from 4 days in penang...far better then cambodia, a little more expensive, but far cleaner and more civilized than thailand or cambodia...not a lot to do though.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, murraynz said:

ive just returned from 4 days in penang...far better then cambodia, a little more expensive, but far cleaner and more civilized than thailand or cambodia...not a lot to do though.

The last sentence....

Can do not a lot anywhere.

1 hour ago, murraynz said:

Well...did you go up the railway to Penang hill ? Great views plus there used to be a canopy walk up there through the tree top jungle.

Hire a small Honda and ride around the island to Batu Ferringhi and beyond. A very pleasant ride.

Visit the museum in Georgetown and and easy walk to Fort Cornwallis.

Stroll around the beautiful Botanic Gardens

Take the elevator to the top of Penang tower for a coffee with a view.

For a small island there is a lot to do if you make a little effort.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Denim said:

Well...did you go up the railway to Penang hill ? Great views plus there used to be a canopy walk up there through the tree top jungle.

Hire a small Honda and ride around the island to Batu Ferringhi and beyond. A very pleasant ride.

Visit the museum in Georgetown and and easy walk to Fort Cornwallis.

Stroll around the beautiful Botanic Gardens

Take the elevator to the top of Penang tower for a coffee with a view.

For a small island there is a lot to do if you make a little effort.

None of that sounds exciting though.

1 minute ago, Justfine said:

None of that sounds exciting though.

Very exciting if you jump from the top of the tower and do a few sumersaults on the way down. Can't understand why people go to Pattaya to do this.

• Haha 2