Two more Chinese airlines flying into Pattaya

webfact

I posted this before, my picture taken at Utapao, Chinese lady had nine duty free bags she was carrying on as hand luggage, virtually all her travelling companions had about the same.....what a mess!!!!!

Chinese duty free at Utapao.jpg

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Wow, sorry just the opposite my friend.

I live at The Base in central and about an hour ago, 50 young cute female Chinese girls showed up in several vans for their "school holiday". All about 20 years old not on tour, but winging it.

Just a small amount of the young Chinese I have witnessed today in town. 

The younger Chinese are coming more and more.  The word is out and they love this place so much.

Many more non tour type travelers are coming. Millions truly over the next several years.

This is Thailand now.  Either deal with it, or find another place.

Chinese are the now/future tourism of this place.

Accept it or leave it......

We're talking about 2 different topics. 

18 years ago, you never saw cellulite in China.  I'm betting the cellulite per capita catches up with the USA long before their GDP per capita.  That's what I was talking about, the decline in the firmness of their legs.

Sure, there's a lot of them coming.  If even 10% of them have money to travel, that's about the same as the entire populations of UK, Ireland, Oz, NZ and France combined.  And the flights are as short as an hour from S. China to Chiang Mai- and correspondingly cheap.  And thank goodness from the standpoint of the Thai tourism industry.  They'd be in real bad shape without Chinese tourists and their sweaty tourist money.

I've had an apartment in China for 18 years.  For 10 years, I commuted between China and the USA.  For the last 8 years, I split my time between China and BKK.  Why would I want to leave LOS on account of the Chinese?  There's more where I'd leave to...  And I kind of like 'em.  I could live without their government, but I'd say that about my own country's government

Edited by impulse

Stop smoking on the beaches.

One early morning as I walked along Pattaya's beach road I understood why smoking has been stopped, the guys who run the speedboats were filling up with petrol from umpteen 25 litre plastic containers and the fumes were making me gag, chinese people smoke as well as farages.

2 minutes ago, YAHF said:

Stop smoking on the beaches.

One early morning as I walked along Pattaya's beach road I understood why smoking has been stopped, the guys who run the speedboats were filling up with petrol from umpteen 25 litre plastic containers and the fumes were making me gag, chinese people smoke as well as farages.

???

Then don't walk there.....