Speed post

snoop1130

Speed post

By Chalinee Thirasupa 
The Nation

1.jpeg

An army of postmen on Wednesday pose for the camera during a press conference to unveil the 100 Thailand Post motorcycles used in post package delivery that have been upgraded.

Each motorcycle now is equipped with a 148-litre fibreglass plastic box on pillion plus two waterproof sidebags to ensure minimum or no damage to the items. These vehicles will be on streets of Bangkok and major cities in July.

This vehicle upgrade is to cater to growing e-commerce and in particular items like passports, medicines and medical supplies and is part of the company’s Thailand 4.0-era aspiration.

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30347689

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-6-13
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

This vehicle upgrade is to cater to growing e-commerce

So this is the growing e-commerce Prayut Chan-o-cha Thailand 4.0 roll out. Must be some sort of sick joke.

With due respect to the well intentioned boys in their colourful uniforms Thailand 4.0 has a long way to go to get beyond a junta dream. I hope for Thailand's sake this story doesn't make the international news. 

• Sad 1

Will it make them deliver ordinary mail better though?

If it's not sent EMS, the standard mail (for us) gets delivered when they have a batch big enough. We're in a village, on a main road, so the postman goes past everyday.

This is the number of items we've had delivered at one time: 13, 7, 3, 1, 3, 6, 7, 16 - every two or three weeks. (sometimes get two month's worth of AIS/TOT bills, etc., delivered in one drop.)

Maybe if these new boxes can hold more, we might only get a delivery every two months?

59 minutes ago, hansnl said:

Where are you talking about?

The e-commerce is growing, Thailand Post is reacting, and you are blabbering about the Government?

These bikes have nothing whatsoever to do with Thailand 4.0 but everything with the growing amount of parcels.

While you may be right, the article says differently

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

This vehicle upgrade is to cater to growing e-commerce and in particular items like passports, medicines and medical supplies and is part of the company’s Thailand 4.0-era aspiration.

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Will it make them deliver ordinary mail better though?

If it's not sent EMS, the standard mail (for us) gets delivered when they have a batch big enough. We're in a village, on a main road, so the postman goes past everyday.

This is the number of items we've had delivered at one time: 13, 7, 3, 1, 3, 6, 7, 16 - every two or three weeks. (sometimes get two month's worth of AIS/TOT bills, etc., delivered in one drop.)

Maybe if these new boxes can hold more, we might only get a delivery every two months?

These could be next weeks winning lottery numbers.........:sorry:

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Good for them, living upcountry I have always found Thailand Post to be very reliable. Deliveries right to the door, no having to wander down to a communal box. Better service than I got in Canada.

Maybe things are much different in the Bangkok conurbation.........?

No, things are as new perfect as can be expected here also.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Good for them, living upcountry I have always found Thailand Post to be very reliable. Deliveries right to the door, no having to wander down to a communal box. Better service than I got in Canada.

Maybe things are much different in the Bangkok conurbation.........?

Here in my Bangkok suburb (greater BKK nothaburi) post is super reliable. I almost never lose a package. So Yea i have great faith in the post.