Street fighting !!!

cornishcarlos

1 hour ago, ross163103 said:

I've been here for around 25 years and have been in one fight with Thais a long time ago. It started out one on one but quickly evolved into multiple Thais against me. One Thai guy started it and I was trying to be reasonable but that went by the wayside when one of his friends hit me from behind and the rest of the pack joined in. I learned my lesson from that incident and haven't had an issue since. I avoid drunk Thai men whenever I can, it will just end up in some kind of competition, fight or both eventually.

Drunk men are bad almost everywhere in the world, but drunk men here are REALLY to be avoided. It takes but 5 minutes around them to realize their typically fragile egos and repressive social expression rules don't mix well with inhibition of alcohol. 

I would NEVER EVER in 100 years drink around them. Same with Central and most South Americans 

Had a big stoush, started in the hotel lobby when they tried to steal my money. I got slashed up there with a blade that I didn't see. Place looked like a <deleted> abottoir when went back with the cops. Anyway, fight spilled out on tbe street. Couple mocy taxi got involved, got dealt with fairly quickly, endwd up in a stale mate until the cops come.

All parties to Pattaya police station, review their cctv footage, and the <deleted> told to give me my money back by the cops. Stupid people. Show police footage of themselves attacking me. Pfft. Not everyone has the physical ability to stand up for themselves, but as we get older, we need to maybe slow down a bit. 

• Like 2

So I was in P-lok for SongKran one year. My BIL was angry at his GF for flirting so he decided to beat her up in the street, including kicking her in the head. I had had enough so I mustered up the best Thai swear words I knew and attacked him. While I had him pinned by the neck to truck slapping him, all his friends (about 16 as I remember) formed a semi circle around us so no one could attack me from behind and let me lay into him. They all agreed that his behavior was unconscionable and let take care of the situation. I think it is the first time the locals had ever seen a 40 something farang beat up a thai teenager without being killed.... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

Walk away. If you can handle losing face you will wake up the next day without any consequences to deal with.

Pretty sure farang who suffer loss of face just post about it on Thai Visa, "sharing" a highly creative, edited, fictionalized version of events ... and of course the Thai Visa chorus whine in unison as a show of support for the implausible one-sided tale of woe.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AntDee said:

Drunk men are bad almost everywhere in the world, but drunk men here are REALLY to be avoided. It takes but 5 minutes around them to realize their typically fragile egos and repressive social expression rules don't mix well with inhibition of alcohol. 

I would NEVER EVER in 100 years drink around them. Same with Central and most South Americans 

drunk thai men are pussy cats compared to central and south american males

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, csabo said:

I got into it with a Thai guy in the gym who hates the way farangs put weights down but doesn't give a crap about how Thais never put the weights away. He came charging up like a rhino and I just ignored him but when he picked up a ten pound plate and tossed it and it bounced and landed on my foot I let him know that was the line not to be crossed. He backed down quick and then started apologizing. Just a racist puzzy flexing. 

Thai guy was out numbered 1 on 1 that dont cut it here they prefer the odds more even like 5 or 6 onto 1. well done anyway ?

5 hours ago, charmonman said:

Over 20 years ago some wealthy Thai guy had crashed his expensive sports car into a telephone pole, blocking the entrance to my soi. I casually kicked the bumper as I walked past and, next thing I knew this guy was running towards me shouting insults. He was fairly big for a Thai and a bit tough looking. He got one good right cross in across my jaw. It didn’t hurt much and I managed to block all his other punches until he calmed down. Incredibly, in the end he was hugging me and calling me friend.

That was my one and only physical fight in Thailand and I haven’t kicked any cars since.

wasn't really a fight more like he assaulted you. you were lucky he never had 5 of his mates with him, you wouldn't of been so lucky.

On 6/14/2018 at 10:52 AM, observer90210 said:

It really gets pathetic when 2 drunk guys,  start to fight over the favours of a prostitute/bar girl at 4am, as most of the brawls seem to be of such nature.

Fights usually happen after one drunk guy abuses someone else. They rarely happen for no reason.

9th grade, my only fight was in Mannheim, Germany.  Go Bisons, an American Dependents High School. Go Bisons.  I was bumped up from JV and trained with the Varsity team, I had a natural talent, I wasn't allowed Varsity matches of course.

He made the first jab then my skills went into action.   A dropdown kick and illegal Guillotine put the arrogant JV boxing team bully in a lot of pain.  I made it last longer than I should while I had a talk with him about being a bully and what I would do next time he did.

End of that, he became friendly with everyone on the bus and quit the boxing team.  We had quite a few talks afterwards and we began to understand that his home life was the real issue.

I will avoid a fight or altercation especially in Thailand whatever it takes.  I consciously try to not get myself into that kind of situation, environment, or escallation.

My wife had a bit of a vocal fight with the muu maa, or soi dogs, because of their behavior after the surveyor told them they stole a meter of my wife''s land.

I had a dream.  Trump told me to build a wall, build a wall, build a wall.  I did.  2 meters high cement block wall in the back yard and a new kichen and longoverhang roof.  Both sides water proofed and our side smooth cemented and painted.

A few asks us why we just did the back Wall.  A small village so word gets around that the muu maa's son illegally dug up the surveyor's steel marker.  It was to much for my wife to handle so now there is a no talk no wai policy with them.

Many have asked when we were going to finish the wall.  She just says "no need to ".  Altercations here can quickly lead to death.  We never talk about it unless asked.  Everybody knows.

3 hours ago, catman20 said:

no he throws his weights to the floor after a set.?

I did that once.. finished a set of inclined DB bench presses. But I had misjudged the weights  (or my strength) and came to far backwards.. so I had to drop them or injure my arms. So i dropped them, I am happy i got rubber matting in my gym. Other then that I never drop my weights. I can imagine people not being happy if heavy weights are dropped. 

30 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Serious juice

Of course.. but even without juice he would have serious mass... You (and me) could juice up all we want but never ever get close to his form. Genetics plays a huge role. Some people just win the genetic lottery. Some win it for bodybuilding others like Lance Armstrong win it for endurance. The most of us are just average.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, robblok said:

I did that once.. finished a set of inclined DB bench presses. But I had misjudged the weights  (or my strength) and came to far backwards.. so I had to drop them or injure my arms. So i dropped them, I am happy i got rubber matting in my gym. Other then that I never drop my weights. I can imagine people not being happy if heavy weights are dropped. 

When the whole gym shakes because Big Man lifted something heavy (RAAAAWWWR!) and can't put it down again... yeah, a bit annoying.  I've read some stuff online that some lifts are dangerous to lower, that's what bumper plates are for, blah blah.  "Bumper plates" are just a thin coating of rubber, and if anybody thinks a heavy weight getting dropped on a concrete floor hard enough to shake the building isn't going to damage that floor...

I actually once walked out of the locker room where I was tying my hair back, said, "DUDE.  Use.  Less.  Weight." and walked back in.

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

Of course.. but even without juice he would have serious mass... You (and me) could juice up all we want but never ever get close to his form. Genetics plays a huge role. Some people just win the genetic lottery. Some win it for bodybuilding others like Lance Armstrong win it for endurance. The most of us are just average.

I notice they don't show his legs, though...

26 minutes ago, Katia said:

When the whole gym shakes because Big Man lifted something heavy (RAAAAWWWR!) and can't put it down again... yeah, a bit annoying.  I've read some stuff online that some lifts are dangerous to lower, that's what bumper plates are for, blah blah.  "Bumper plates" are just a thin coating of rubber, and if anybody thinks a heavy weight getting dropped on a concrete floor hard enough to shake the building isn't going to damage that floor...

I actually once walked out of the locker room where I was tying my hair back, said, "DUDE.  Use.  Less.  Weight." and walked back in.

I notice they don't show his legs, though...

If you take bumper plates with a powerlifting platform dropping weights is not a problem. There are lifts where its normal to drop the weight (not really bodybuilder exercises but clean and press) You see them drop it at the olympics as wel. 

I got my own gym (home) so I can do what I want, but even when I trained in commercial gyms I never (or almost never) dropped weights. I remember an other instance, I was doing a triceps exercise on my back and my mate had given me the barbell, unfortunately he did not fasten the collars good.. and he had put more weight on one side as the other (by accident). So i grab the weight... and it slid to the left and as the collar was not fastened good all the plates slid off.. bit later i was lying on the floor on the other side as the full weights on the other side dragged me there. 

These are incidents of course over a 25 year time of lifting weights normally i put everything down slowly but accidents do happen.

2 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

After leaving the Army, ive never wanted to go near a stinky Gym again.!!.even now a hundred years later, i go "F... Me" if i get a wiff of BO from fat gits.!!,Not shy to let em know.

They might punch out

14 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Pretty sure farang who suffer loss of face just post about it on Thai Visa, "sharing" a highly creative, edited, fictionalized version of events ... and of course the Thai Visa chorus whine in unison as a show of support for the implausible one-sided tale of woe.

Not sure what your point is, or if you simply have a chip on the shoulder - all things considered.

Edited by SpeakeasyThai

6 hours ago, robblok said:

yes it is a common problem and i think some people can find it annoying. at the end of the day theirs bigger problems in life than a few weights being dropped on the floor.

13 minutes ago, catman20 said:

yes it is a common problem and i think some people can find it annoying. at the end of the day theirs bigger problems in life than a few weights being dropped on the floor.

Sure there are far bigger problems, but if someone is ALWAYS dropping their weights something is going wrong. I workout at home got a home gym so the only one who has a problem if I drop something is me. I just had to drop the weights were behind me and would have twisted my arms so no choice. I did see them bounce on the rubber matting. Nothing much happened. 

I havent worked out in a public gym for quite some time. Did it a few years back but reverted back to my fully stocked home gym as my sessions were starting to become too long. (talking and waiting for machines). Personally I got quite a high tolerance for idiots. I just try to avoid them. 

In Thailand...? All a while back...maybe 12-15 years or so.

With locals, twice.

First time -  got a hiding from the family running what would later become my regular spot. In my defense, I was after a very long stretch in a "dry" part of India. Apparently proposed to the proprietor's wife. No permanent harm done, still visit them whenever in Bangkok.

Second time - went to have a look at a piece of land. Some alky/junkie elder relative kept pestering us, not too happy with foreigners and mixed couples. He really shouldn't have said that about the wife. Oh well... (we didn't buy the land, which investment wise, was a mistake).

With foreigners, maybe a couple as well. Nothing too serious, just late night drunks on Kao Sarn Rd. etc.

• Like 1