A proof where I am living

No, the house is "mine", so from my wife! I am already living there 13 years and I got the proof always from the Spanish consulate but they said now I'm Dutch: go to the Dutch Embassy! 

It isn't for a local bank but for a Spanish bank.

Will your Embassy do a Statutory Declaration for you ? (I solemnly swear.....   ..... and am aware that completing a false declaration is a criminal offence.....). You sign it, and an official of the Embassy signs and seals it, to show that it was done in his presence.

If you are doing 90 day reports to Chaeng Wattana immigration you could get a certificate of residency from them. I takes about 3 weeks get it though when they send it by EMS. It would be in Thai but it would not cost a lot to have it translated to English for Spanish. 

You can get a Certificate of Residency from Thai Immigration. You will need a copies of your wife's ID card, house book, your passport and a photo. Cost about 500 baht depending on what office you go too. Takes about 10 minutes.

The 'Spanish bank' has probably given you a definitive list of what documentation is acceptable.

Can you share what they have listed as acceptable proof?

Although Thailand is not signatory to the Apostille Convention, you may need to get the document issued by the Dutch embassy translated and notarized by a Thai Notary. My offshore UK bank accepted a translation of my Thai driving license (home address on the obverse side) which was translated and notarized by a Thai lawyer with a current registration as a Thai Notary.

I see subsequent posts have suggested getting a Residence Certificate from Chaeng Wattana Immigration. The OP should make sure if these are acceptable to the 'Spanish bank' as in my recent experience, my UK offshore bank wouldn't accept either the yellow book (translation) or Residence Certificate (in English) issued by my local Immigration.

Good luck!

Edited by NanLaew

No NanLaew, it's a "local" (Catalan) bank, so no documentation. I have (had) by the way already enough problems with them! 

Your (Thai) driving license is by the way not a proof that you are "living" to-day! 

Well, I think the best thing to do is go to Emigration.

1 hour ago, Rdrokit said:

You can get a Certificate of Residency from Thai Immigration. You will need a copies of your wife's ID card, house book, your passport and a photo. Cost about 500 baht depending on what office you go too. Takes about 10 minutes.

Ohhhh, yeah! I have to report myself in the housebook! Than I let the page translate and I go to the Embassy!

23 minutes ago, antoniuni said:

Ohhhh, yeah! I have to report myself in the housebook! Than I let the page translate and I go to the Embassy!

At Chaeng Wattana they will not ask for what he wrote about since they already have your records from 90 day reporting.

The fee is 200 baht and that includes sending it to you by EMS.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

At Chaeng Wattana they will not ask for what he wrote about since they already have your records from 90 day reporting.

The fee is 200 baht and that includes sending it to you by EMS.

I must admit that I never report myself every 90 days! I pay the fine (2000 Baht) when I come for the yearly visa! ?

Just now, antoniuni said:

I must admit that I never report myself every 90 days! I pay the fine (2000 Baht) when I come for the yearly visa! ?

Unless you have a current report slip they will not do the certificate for you.

The 2000 baht fine would pay for a lot of 90 day reports by mail. Or free by doing them online.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Unless you have a current report slip they will not do the certificate for you.

The 2000 baht fine would pay for a lot of 90 day reports by mail. Or free by doing them online.

Thank you ubonjoe!

→→I must admit that I never report myself eve ry 90 days! I pay the fine (2000 Baht) when I come for the yearly visa! ? ←←

And people wonder why immigration rules / regs get tighter & tighter & tighter.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, antoniuni said:

Your (Thai) driving license is by the way not a proof that you are "living" to-day! 

It satisfied the bank's request for proof of foreign address though. They haven't asked me to prove I'm not dead (yet).

5 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

It satisfied the bank's request for proof of foreign address though. They haven't asked me to prove I'm not dead (yet).

No, they have been asked from the Spanish welfare (pension) if I'm living every half year like the Dutch are asking it every year from the SSO which is far easier and cost nothing!

• Like 1

Antoniuni,

why not simply go to the Dutch Embassy and they will give you a statement, most likely in English if you ask for it?

This is one of the services embassies do to all their citizens. I do it by the Norwegiab Embassy and they do this for 1500 baht. Seems to be a standard fee. You can use this statement for anything like Immigration, Thai banks and probably also for your Spanish bank

4 minutes ago, Bluemaithai said:

Antoniuni,

why not simply go to the Dutch Embassy and they will give you a statement, most likely in English if you ask for it?

This is one of the services embassies do to all their citizens. I do it by the Norwegiab Embassy and they do this for 1500 baht. Seems to be a standard fee. You can use this statement for anything like Immigration, Thai banks and probably also for your Spanish bank

Hahaha! Than you don't know the Dutch officials! 1.They ask me to proof that I'm Dutch, 2. My address, 3. my passport and 4. my mariage certification! 

Years ago I did it still with the Dutch Embassy and a man asked me very grumpy if I needed the certificate really in English! I paid a lot of money.

I went afterwards for some years to the Spanish Embassy, I showed my passport and they gave me free of charge the proof in English. But now they say when you are Dutch you have to go to the Dutch Embassy!

12 hours ago, antoniuni said:

No NanLaew, it's a "local" (Catalan) bank, so no documentation. I have (had) by the way already enough problems with them! 

Well, I think the best thing to do is go to Emigration.

Do you need to prove Bangkok or Thailand. If Thailand, it seems a copy of your passport with current visa, notarized at the Spanish Embassy in Bangkok, should be enough for a Spanish bank.

7 hours ago, smotherb said:

Do you need to prove Bangkok or Thailand. If Thailand, it seems a copy of your passport with current visa, notarized at the Spanish Embassy in Bangkok, should be enough for a Spanish bank.

It is "only" that I'm living that day! 

41 minutes ago, smotherb said:

It may take less time at the Spanish embassy than dealing with the Thai bureaucracy.

You are 100% right, but they said, by telephone, when you are Dutch you have to go to the Dutch Embassy! The Spanish Consulate accepted my address without problem and proof; you must see what the Dutch are asking!!!!!!

37 minutes ago, antoniuni said:

You are 100% right, but they said, by telephone, when you are Dutch you have to go to the Dutch Embassy! The Spanish Consulate accepted my address without problem and proof; you must see what the Dutch are asking!!!!!!

Okay.  I guess things are different. I had to verify something for an investment in Japan, so I went to the Japanese embassy, got it notarized and they even sent it to Japan for me. Of course, they charged me, but I was having a cold beer instead of waiting at the post office.