50 foreigners arrested in weekly crackdowns

rooster59

As an American Passport holder while In Hong Kong 2 years ago, I accidently overstayed 5 days. I went to immigration immediately and told them I thought I was flying out in 2 days. (the day I thought it was). 

It was like I committed murder. 5 hours of explaining to a dozen officers. 

5 hours ago, taipan1949 said:

Countries like Hungary and other smart countries realize that they are being invaded and have put an end to illegal migrants.  Angela Merkle is on her last legs as the people of Germany have seen the results of allowing anyone who wants to invade their country. The rapes, murders and other crimes have become everyday occurrences because of ideas like yours. You are lucky if you are living in Thailand who won't allow the garbage of the world to invade it's borders.

Well much of what we see here is rhetorical.  Time has proven that Thailand is not good at keeping the bad guys out as evidenced by the number of serious criminals that turn up here.  Paedophiles, serious fraudsters and gang bosses on the run from a whole raft of countries. I do agree that it is good to to see them sweeping up at least few of them, but they are mostly small fish.  I forget the figures I saw published recently about how many overstayers there were currently here in LOS.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, taipan1949 said:

Good job Thai Police. Throw the ba....tards in jail and after a year or so deport them. Somebody in this world has to stand strong against illegals in their countries. Canada and America and all of Europe are not doing it.

Wow,   You're really something , pan,

I'm impressed.

?

Have you noticed for a nationalist country like Thailand they don't have a far right party. Here is why. If your not here legally your out. And Thailand is not a signatory to the Refugee convention..... Respect the county you are in. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, taipan1949 said:

Good job Thai Police. Throw the ba....tards in jail and after a year or so deport them. Somebody in this world has to stand strong against illegals in their countries. Canada and America and all of Europe are not doing it.

Hows about throwing those thieving immigration officers in jail who take money for under the table extensions due to no monies in the bank? We all know the immigration officers are more corrupt that the local plod. 20,000 Baht under the table for ones annual extension. Immigration are the real offenders. Clean them up first.
Someone in this country has to stand strong against corruption. 

• Like 1

i stayed at my mates place in bkk last night and when we went out in the morning there was about 10 bib all rounding up the middle eastern guys who were coming and going. don't know what their visa situations were and non of my business but the bib seemed to be collecting a fair bit of cash

10 hours ago, CGW said:

So they should just remain in the squalor poverty and filth where they come from? " ba....tards" empathy for your fellow humans is commendable :shock1:

Canada and America and all of Europe do not have a policy against illegals, have you not noticed they encourage them, ever bothered to think why?

That's a whole different subject. There's a legal process for immigration. Cheaters should be returned and barred from entry. The reasons are too obvious to have to explain. 

10 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

He's not the Big Joke. 

It is good to see him doing his job as a member of the Tourist Police and going after over stayers, however he does seem to seek the limelight. When he went after the Thai who lives in the US for a post they made I realised that he is a big joke. All he cares about is his public persona. If you say anything deprecating about him then he goes after you like a little child who has had his feelings hurt. Poor Big Joke. Can't handle a little bit of criticism. Get on with your job that you are paid for and stop looking for plaudits for doing your job.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

B**tards? Jail for a year? You realise these are really poor people from underdeveloped countries just trying to improve their lives? Of course you have to enforce borders, but why the hostility? Why are they b**tards? You would probably do the same!

Send them home, you have to, but why a year in jail? People get less than that for murder in Thailand.

You sound quite hateful and intolerant. Maybe a little racist even. Not a good way to be.

There has to be some for of punishment, otherwise one might encourage others to come illegally. Now I don't know if 1 year of Thai prison is a suitable punishment, but the idea is correct.

Good job by the immigration police. Some posters here use every opportunity to do some Thai bashing but I see no reason for that.

If you are here on overstay youre in big trouble and should be worried.  

Edited by balo

Notice how this topic has flushed out the bigots and racists with comments irrelevant to this particular bust of blatant criminals. This bust is about one event  in one country, Thailand. It has NOTHING to do with immigrant or refugee problems in other countries. Some of these comments disgust me, and ironically, Thailand is a place where you find little or almost none of the foul racism which infects the United States and  the countries from which those commenters hail. In the United states violence runs rampant, among the white racist and NAZI citizens, perpetrating massacre after massacre of children; white cops shooting down black kids in cold blood, the NRA and gun lobby and the politicians they carry in their pockets profiting on mass murder. Nope, not an immigrant problem.  So, all you know it all commenters, do some fact checking, and report back to this forum what your country's crime statistics tell you, who commits the crimes? Your citizens? Legal immigrant citizens maybe Russian oligarchs or mobsters trafficking young girls and boys? 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, markaoffy said:

Criminals Some folk actually believe in no borders across the world with regard freedom of Movement! Yes I’ve met them! The ultimate in liberal thinking !

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Are you an "Ultimate Liberal"?

Unless the whole of the world's population become "Ultimate Liberals" overnight it cannot work.

Anyone believing such nonsense needs to grow up and check out reality.

?

8 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Pretty ignorant statement. There is no connection or similarity between today's story and what you are broadly and vaguely describing as  as "illegals" in other countries.  Yours is the language of bigotry. How much time have you spent living in Canada, US, and Europe? Ever actually fact check your statements before you put your foot in your mouth?  Do you understand that compassion for the suffering of refugees has a long tradition as part of the fabric of freedom and democracy in those countries? No, you don't. How old are you? Not old enough I think. The US does not actually have a major problem with immigrants. That is a gross exaggeration not supported by the facts. The problem in the US is a government and population of racists and bigots who are fabricating propaganda which demonizes non whites. Trump and his followers are fanning the flames of racial hatred for the sake of votes. They are doing this as a diversion to distract from the prosecution of the president and his cronies. There are a lot of South American and Mexican refugees who are fleeing gang violence and murder in their own countries, there are many impoverished immigrants who are just seeking legal status and a chance to work and lead responsible lives. They pose no threat to the US, they are no real burden on the country as a whole, rather, they would contribute to their communities and pay taxes just as all immigrants have done ever since the US was originally colonized by IMMIGRANTS. They should be granted asylum and temporary work/residency  visas under the law but instead are treated like criminals, which they are not, they are denied their rights to hearings and due process, and their children are being taken away from them and warehoused in chain link cages in a former Walmart building without any due process or even a lawyer. Ever see how poor some Thai people are, the street people and the beggars? It's just as bad in South America and Mexico, on top of which there is torture and murder. And they don't have a right to flee that and seek refuge? How about you study a little bit more before you make any more crass comments about things of which you know little? 

I think you should quit watching network news like CNN and stick to soaps. Big money controls the media and the message and big money wants cheap labor....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, crankshaft said:

I think you should quit watching network news like CNN and stick to soaps. Big money controls the media and the message and big money wants cheap labor....

Of course big money wants cheap labour, and workers want good salaries (that's economy) 

Unfortunately these immingrants from former European colonies in Africa tend to ruin the labour market, so they have to go back. Not Thailand's fault, Thailand never colonolialized their homelands - Europeans did. 

On 6/16/2018 at 6:31 AM, CGW said:

So they should just remain in the squalor poverty and filth where they come from? " ba....tards" empathy for your fellow humans is commendable :shock1:

Canada and America and all of Europe do not have a policy against illegals, have you not noticed they encourage them, ever bothered to think why?

If you follow the news... The winds are changing in Europe

• Like 2

10 hours ago, yrag said:

Good guys in...

Bad guys out...

Obey the Law

I had a dream.............................

Who would run the world if all the "bad guys" were outed and they had to obey the law rather than make laws to keep the peasants wage slaves ?

I agree and disagree because there must be thousands of illegal immigrants in Thailand and if you arrested them all Thailand would probably grind to an alt.
Garbage wouldn't get collected, crops wouldn't be harvested, construction wouldn't get completed, gas stations would be short staffed etc. etc.
Now what do you do arrest them all or arrest none? You can't just arrest a few to make headlines.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2018 at 1:25 PM, yellowboat said:

Laws need to be enforced, but Thailand only seems to enforce very few of them.  This looks more like a shakedown than anything admirable.  Countless Thais die on Thailand's roads everyday.   This is where enforcement is needed. 

You do realize the Thais are not crying out for more road enforcement —-only expats are complaining who come from nanny states. So you can have an opinion but thankfully your opinion does not matter here. Only the Thai opinions matter as we choose to live in their country and they don’t need me or you telling them how to govern or what to do. 

Whenever illegals are caught it is a good thing. Most of us only want legal people living here. 

1 hour ago, Wake Up said:

You do realize the Thais are not crying out for more road enforcement —-only expats are complaining who come from nanny states. So you can have an opinion but thankfully your opinion does not matter here. Only the Thai opinions matter as we choose to live in their country and they don’t need me or you telling them how to govern or what to do. 

Whenever illegals are caught it is a good thing. Most of us only want legal people living here. 

Yea funny thing that I never hear Thais crying out about Illegal Immigrants either seems to be something reserved only for expats.