SETV Hanoi & HCMC?

Hi all,

Did read the "latest report" page but it was quite dated in regards to Hanoi and HCMC and if it is pretty straight forward getting a SETV at any of them... Does anyone have any recent experiences with any of them? In regards to how our passports "look", they are Swedish with a 30 day extention of the visa exempt stamp.

KIO

Both are good places to get tourist visas. They will likely want to see flight reservations in and out of Thailand, plus recent bank statements showing a balance of 20,000+ baht equivalent. They may waive one of these if you have the other. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Both are good places to get tourist visas. They will likely want to see flight reservations in and out of Thailand, plus recent bank statements showing a balance of 20,000+ baht equivalent. They may waive one of these if you have the other. 

Many thanks for the update! Is it the same amount of time required for processing as many other places eg. leave on a Monday, pick up on a Tuesday?

KIO

11 hours ago, KIO said:

Many thanks for the update! Is it the same amount of time required for processing as many other places eg. leave on a Monday, pick up on a Tuesday?

You apply the morning of one day and pick up your passport the next afternoon.

On 6/16/2018 at 5:40 PM, BritTim said:

HCMC will definitely want to see arrival and departure flight reservations.

I have only been asked to show funds before when my departure ticket was by train.

Take copies of your bank book along anyway, just in case.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. 

I'm considering Vietnam for my next setv in a couple weeks. 

I have previously used Vientiane Laos a few times without issue, and also without proof of $$ or thai exit flights. 

Are they likely to want to see thai exit plane ticket for setv at Vietnam?

are the main options there, Hanoi and HCMC? 

Thanks. 

4 hours ago, DjSiN said:

Are they likely to want to see thai exit plane ticket for setv at Vietnam?

Yes. It is possible that they may waive the exit flight from Thailand if you show a healthy bank balance and an itinerary that explains the lack of an exit flight ticket. However, be prepared for them to insist on one.

4 hours ago, DjSiN said:

are the main options there, Hanoi and HCMC? 

In Vietnam, those are your only options for an SETV.

Hey thanks for the reply. 

So can u show them a ticket for 85-90 days time because obviously a 30 day ext will be in order. 

Or will they flip it!? And want to see flight out at 60days?

15 minutes ago, DjSiN said:

So can u show them a ticket for 85-90 days time because obviously a 30 day ext will be in order. 

Yes

They have accepted one that was on the 89th day according to reports.

• Like 1

One more question please, slightly off original topic, but I didn't think a new thread wld be needed. 

I came in this time from Australia on Visa except status. Are 30day extensions still an available option? 

Via nearest immigration office 

thank u. 

3 hours ago, DjSiN said:

One more question please, slightly off original topic, but I didn't think a new thread wld be needed. 

I came in this time from Australia on Visa except status. Are 30day extensions still an available option? 

Via nearest immigration office 

thank u. 

In almost all cases, getting a 30-day extension of your visa exempt entry is a sound option. Depending on the local immigration office, it may be important to ensure that a TM30 notification has been done beforehand. If you are staying in a hotel, it can be assumed to have taken place.