Friendly bank branch in Bangkok?

Ok, so as mentioned at length in another thread, I have experienced a huge amount of trouble opening a basic savings account in Ubon.

As I'm in Bangkok to sort my marriage paperwork, I may as well try here.

Can anyone recommend the best bank and branch to try? Preferably one where you've opened an account recently, not 15 years ago. And I don't have work permit, have savings and income from abroad.

Thanks.

I heard in the Sukhumvit Area (Nana - Asok) it should still be easy to do.

My last account which i opened was about 2 years ago with a Tourist visa. But it was not in the Tourist area. But actually was very easy to do at that time.

I would try also some Banks in the Shopping centers Siam Paragon, Central World and MBK. At the end it's not always depends on the branch. I think it's more important which person you talk for opening the account ?

I hope there are some really Infos from people who just opened an account this year.

Any large branch in the tourist or central business district, my first choice would be the BB branch on Rama IV at Silom, next to the HSBC building..

HSBC Map

Edited by simoh1490

It will help if you stretch the truth a bit 

I told them I needed to transfer 15 million baht while I search for a condo. they make some money that Way so it's not a waste of time 

I have 2 accounts one in BKK but its old the other at bangkok bank central festival Pattaya 12 months ago on tourist visa 

Can anyone recommend the best bank and branch to try? Preferably one where you've opened an account recently, not 15 years ago. And I don't have work permit, have savings and income from abroad.

I opened my account ~4 months ago without work permit with UOB bank. Inclusive VISA debit card.

Go straight to them (e.g. UOB in Silom Complex) and dont loose time walking around and checking several Thai Bank branches because most of them will ask for work permit or condo/house.