Labour Ministry hopes to find jobs for 100,000 unemployed graduates in 3 months

webfact

Labour Ministry hopes to find jobs for 100,000 unemployed graduates in 3 months

By Thai PBS

long-term-measure.png

The Labour Ministry has set a target to find jobs for about 100,000 unemployed graduates with a BA degree within three months, said Labour Minister Adul Saengsingkaeo on Monday.

Citing a report from the National Statistical Office which shows that there are more than 400,000 unemployed in May, including 170,000 who were graduated with a BA degree, mostly in social science field, the minister said that the ministry set out an emergency measure and a long-term measure to address the unemployment problem.

As for the emergency measure, he said the ministry would provide job recommendations and promote independent occupations to the jobless which are expected to secure about 2,000 job vacancies.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/labour-ministry-hopes-find-jobs-100000-unemployed-graduates-3-months/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-06-19

As long as those Uni kids keep thinking that they are too good to do manual labor, or work for places like Mcdonald's their will always be a labor shortage. 

Back home, a long time ago, I never felt "entitled" to anything. I actually was grateful to get a job in a convenience store in my early 20's.

These millenials truly are the TEFLON generation cos nothing sticks and that may be because of their TEFLON  coated value system, where "whatever, who cares..." are the make up of their mentality.

So, open up all the job sectors to foreigners and their will no longer be a labor shortage.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The Labour Ministry has set a target to find jobs for about 100,000 unemployed graduates with a BA degree within three months.

Three months - why does it take so long?

Next week: How to knit fog.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Set them to work in any DIY superstore like Homepro or Thaiwatsadu.  They will feel at home joining the dozens who camp there daily, sometimes following me around for hours until I ask them a question about a product; then they trot out the easy  'no have' 'no service' line.

If there were 100,000 in just one store, I don't reckon it would look any different...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

" social science " ... SIGH.

Graduates in political science may apply for low interest loans to open noodle and som tam shops. On the upside the Labour Ministry promised there will be no shortage of educated motorbike taxi jockeys and hairdresser for the next 20 years.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

As for the emergency measure, he said the ministry would provide job recommendations and promote independent occupations to the jobless which are expected to secure about 2,000 job vacancies.

So if he's only recommending & promoting for the first 2000 I don't hold much hope for the rest

I think the Graduates  may be able to find a recommended job, or if they had money could start an independent business 

Get them to work on the new underground project in Bangkok and speed the time up from the supposedly 4 years time frame. The roads are gridlocked, causing havoc and frustrating everyone. I only ever see women sweeping the area. If it is completed in 4 years, I will be flabbergasted.

3 hours ago, ksamuiguy said:

I have been looking for a person, preferably Thai who would like to learn the electrical trade. I can not find one person here on Samui.

No one wants to work!

I have been looking for a worker to do some labouring, nothing really hard and I will be there as well, we supply lunch and offer over double the daily wage for half a day, cant get anyone to do it, they are too lazy, would rather sit around playing with their phones

• Like 1

Foreigners don't have any problem finding jobs. The real solution is to open up the job market. The educational institutions would have to respond to the challenge as would the prospective employees. Short term pain for long term gain.

Shouldn't be too hard. After all, the unemployment rate is what, 1% or so? This indicates nearly all of them DO get jobs. The Western world should take study the brilliance of the Thai government in employing all these graduates. The economy is booming!?

8 hours ago, ksamuiguy said:

I have been looking for a person, preferably Thai who would like to learn the electrical trade. I can not find one person here on Samui.

No one wants to work!

They all want the driving jobs for Minibuses carrying people to and from Hotels to the Airport or Island Tours so that they can show off their fantastic driving skills !    The other preferred employment is Taxi Mafia, extorting 500 Baht a ride to get back from Central Mall to a Hotel 2 klicks away that will provide a Minibus to get you there for 50 Baht but doesn't want to provide a return service.   Such 'jobs' are so much better than using ones brain to learn about electrics eh !

Edited by trainman34014

10 hours ago, mikebell said:

Set them to work in any DIY superstore like Homepro or Thaiwatsadu.  They will feel at home joining the dozens who camp there daily, sometimes following me around for hours until I ask them a question about a product; then they trot out the easy  'no have' 'no service' line.

Damn! We both must be going to the same stores! There's always someone hiding amongst the cans of paint!