Dear Sir/madam: Sorry..... we don't accept ladyboys

webfact

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

Whatever you say, think or believe because you prefer Ladyboy's they are men biologically who choose to behave, identify and act like women (which is their right). But you cannot make a Banana into an Apple. 

...and obviously, you can't turn a bigoted knucklehead into a thinker!

Again: "choose" is the term in question!

They don't "choose" anything!

You don't "choose" to be white or black or heterosexual!

Also you don't "choose" to identify as a woman, if you are transgender!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I think you just made that up.

Thai transgender women prefer to be called trannies?

There is no way that is true.

As far as western transgender women, my understanding is that some of them take that as a slur and others do like the term.

But it would be impolite to use that term in the company of a transgender woman without knowing their feelings. Best to use transgender women unless you know. 

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

These guys don't care, if they make $4!t up or offend anybody or what is polite or best for transgenders, as long as they can feel butch and put others down!

We are (unfortunately) wasting our time, trying to talk sense!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DM07 said:

These guys don't care, if they make $4!t up or offend anybody or what is polite or best for transgenders, as long as they can feel butch and put others down!

We are (unfortunately) wasting our time, trying to talk sense!

Yes, there is a recent term for that. Vice signaling. Bragging about being ignorant and obnoxious towards LGBT people fits that. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, greenchair said:

Yep trannies. 

That's what they prefer to be known as. 

Neither ladies nor boys 

Nope, "trannie" is an abbreviation of transvestite, completely different to transgender.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What are peoples thoughts about the following hypothetical ?

Lets say a person presents at hospital in a life or death situation, their life can be saved instantly with a simple drug injection, However, there is a biologically male and a biologically female version of the drug. Take the wrong one and you die. No matter how real the gender identity is (personally I am at the identity end of the argument) there is a pragmatic aspect..

Edited by Peterw42
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, DM07 said:

Ad hominem does not help you or your instance on trying to turn genetics on its head XY will never be XX but can identify as XX and I defend that freedom. 

'The LB doth protest too much, methinks'

Hamlet

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Ad hominem does not help you or your instance on trying to turn genetics on its head XY will never be XX but can identify as XX and I defend that freedom. 

'The LB doth protest too much, methinks'

Hamlet

YOU are talking about at hominem attacks?

Funny...or rather...sad...!

2 hours ago, duanebigsby said:

And don't forget the "We don't serve blacks, Muslims, or gays" sign out front. Good grief.

I f you decide that you are not willing to serve blacks or muslims or any other religion or race, then i will be your choice.
In this case it´s better to put up a sign outside, due to that you are fair to your customers before they sit down.
They would only had a bad experience and bad service anyway.
On the other hand, it´s not a smart business move. A business like that will not live long, but as an owner it will still be your choice.

2 hours ago, wildewillie89 said:

I think one poster has already pointed this out, but Google the definition of 'transgender male'. 

Well then another supporter poster used transgender male for a male that had identity issues. 

So now I'm confused. 

So the most suitable thing for me would be transvestite which is the term for a man that wears dresses. Who knows these days what to address them as. Hence the problems hiring them. Because people just don't know how to address them. And they get so offended when someone gets it wrong. It's a nightmare these days trying to remember all the new names, and correct words. So I'm just going to offend people. 

You're black ,you're fat, you are a man in a dress, you are a woman with a beard. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Get Real said:

I f you decide that you are not willing to serve blacks or muslims or any other religion or race, then i will be your choice.
In this case it´s better to put up a sign outside, due to that you are fair to your customers before they sit down.
On the other hand, it´s not a smart business move. A business like that will not live long, but as an owner it will still be your choice.

It isn't your choice in almost every Western country. It's against civil rights laws.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Get Real said:

So just to be clear: all you have to say to this is a) it is the (restaurants) owners choice and so be it and b ) it is not a smart BUSINESS move. But overall, I guess you are okay with it! Free enterprise and all that.....

8 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Well then another supporter poster used transgender male for a male that had identity issues. 

So now I'm confused. 

So the most suitable thing for me would be transvestite which is the term for a man that wears dresses. Who knows these days what to address them as. Hence the problems hiring them. Because people just don't know how to address them. And they get so offended when someone gets it wrong. It's a nightmare these days trying to remember all the new names, and correct words. So I'm just going to offend people. 

You're black ,you're fat, you are a man in a dress, you are a woman with a beard. 

...or a poster without empathy and the willingness to educate herself! "Uuuuh...it is so hard for ME, so I just better go around, being a heartless, uneducated pri$#!"

Edited by DM07

It's not rocket science.

A transgender woman is a person that was born male and identifies as and presents as female.

A transgender man is a person that was born female and identifies as and presents as male.

The specific details and timing of the transitioning process varies with each individual transgender person.

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's not rocket science.

A transgender woman is a person that was born male and identifies as and presents as female.

A transgender man is a person that was born female and identifies as and presents as male.

The specific details and timing of the transitioning process varies with each individual transgender person.

I would say the opposite. What they are is based on birth not clothes and pills.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, DM07 said:

Wrong, they choose to take hormones and get work done. They don't have to do it.

Just like you choose to abuse people for pointing out facts.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Wrong, they choose to take hormones and get work done. They don't have to do it.

Just like you choose to abuse people for pointing out facts.

Yes, they choose to "act" on their gender identification, but they don't have a choice whether they  identify as male or female.

I agree with DM07, your attitude is incredibly narrow minded.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's not rocket science.

They used to be homo, lesbian or transvestite. 

And all under the umbrella of gay. And everyone new their place in society. 

It's crazy now. 

I refuse to buy into it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

The definitions I posted about transgender women and men are standard ones. If you want to have intelligent conversations about these issues people need standardized terms. People can have their own opinions but they can't have their own facts. I provided the facts about those two terms.

End of.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

Yes, they choose to "act" on their gender identification, but they don't have a choice whether they  identify as male or female.

I agree with DM07, your attitude is incredibly narrow minded.

Yours is narrow minded. Incredibly so. You want to impose your subjective views onto others and ignore biology.

• Sad 1

Just now, Jingthing said:

The definitions I posted about transgender women and men are standard ones. If you want to have intelligent conversations about these issues people need standardized terms. People can have their own opinions but they can't have their own facts. I provided the facts about those two terms.

End of.

Born male equals male. That is fact.

Your comments are opinions not facts.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Yours is narrow minded. Incredibly so. You want to impose your subjective views onto others and ignore biology.

My views are objective.

I'm not ignoring biology at all. Biology includes neurology and cellular biology as well.

Our brains play as large a role in gender as genitalia does. It's not as simple as penis=male, vagina=female.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, duanebigsby said:

My views are objective.

I'm not ignoring biology at all. Biology includes neurology and cellular biology as well.

Our brains play as large a role in gender as genitalia does. It's not as simple as penis=male, vagina=female.

Your views are pc and subjective.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, greenchair said:

They used to be homo, lesbian or transvestite. 

And all under the umbrella of gay. And everyone new their place in society. 

It's crazy now. 

I refuse to buy into it. 

Why are you so scared to develop with the rest of the world? It isn't a matter of opinion, it is a matter of science. 

From memory, the science has even got to the point where studies now show that identical twins are more often both transgender than fraternal twins. So a matter of genes, not environment. 20 years of brain research has also indicated genes may be the answer. 

The science is why the World Health Organisation is trying to promote the declassification of being transgender as a mental health disorder. 

Unfortunately, it should have never got to that point. People should just be able to self-identify. But because of people like you, who live as if the world is the same as it was when you were born, the issue got taken into the lab. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1