Dear Sir/madam: Sorry..... we don't accept ladyboys

webfact

Dear Sir/madam: Sorry..... we don't accept ladyboys

3PM.jpg.4d6909488c6c107fb70e4833f257e4a2

Picture: Sanook

A recently graduated lady boy has gone on Facebook to say that they have been turned down for a job at a trading company.

They posted a screenshot of an email in which the company said "sorry but we don't accept 'type two women'" (the term used in Thai language for ladyboys.

Reaction from friends and netizens was swift - they asked angrirl "What era is this?" condemning the email and the company.

One poster said that he should be glad they turned him down - they are clearly not a professional company, reported Sanook.

Legislation exists in Thailand whereby those who believe they are the victim of sexual prejudice can make a case in such circumstances.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-06-19

1 minute ago, greenchair said:

He's a man. He'll always be a man. He is a transgender male. Even if his knob is cut off with his danglers, he'll still be a male. The transgender that understand and accept this don't have the same problems as transgenders that insist they are a female and want everyone else to play pretend. What's wrong with saying, I'm a man and I like to behave feminiely and I'm fine with that. 

Get real. 

No one's pretending.

If a transgender woman wishes to be addressed as she, then I respect and accept that.

They know who they are..

• Like 2

Just now, Just Weird said:

They are actually being diametrically opposed to "who they are" (whatever that means).  They are men, they are not being "courageous" and they are certainly not being "punished".  They are simply suffering the consequences of their own decisions to masquerade as females.

Could not agree less.

It would be informative to know what kind of job it was.  Working for a trading company may mean representing their product at trade shows, or it may be a back room job.

Having been rejected when I applied for a job as a trade show cutie, I can certainly understand the sting of being told I was too ugly.   But hardly a case of discrimination because I'm old, bald, fat, foreign (can't speak Thai)  and cranky with the public.

It's another thing entirely if it was a back room job where visual aesthetics don't really matter.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Let's not get into panto season.

No one should be discriminated on the basis of colour, faith or any other criteria is what I said and nothing you have said in point e changes that.

If you own the business or the company that needs employees or more employees then you are the owner of the company. You should have the right to choose who is going to work for you and your company. Due to that you are the owner of the company, no one should be able to tell you that you must employ, white, people, black people, muslims, christians or in this case transgenders. It´s your choice alone, and that is how it should be. It´s not discrimination. It´s a choice of workforce.

After that I don´t care if you have panto on or panto off and niether what kind of season it is. :cheesy:

Edited by Get Real
  • Like 2

Just now, Get Real said:

If you own the business or the company that needs employees or more employees then you are the owner of the company. You should have the right to choose who is going to work for you and your company. Due to that you are the owner of the company, no one should be able to tell you that you must employ, white, people, black people, muslims, christians or in this case transgenders. It´s your choice alone, and that is how it should be. It´s not discrimination. It´s a choice of workforce.

After that I don´t care if you have panto on or panto off and nither what kind of season it is. :cheesy:

No, it is discrimination to choose on the criteria you outline

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, DM07 said:

No it doesn't!

You clearly have no grasp of what it means, when you say "what you are born as,  is what you are", because you completely neglect that there is not only a physical side to someone but also a psychological one!

When will you people finally understand, that "being gay" or "being transgender" is as much not a choice as "being black" or "being white"?!

It's not a lifestyle like "being Punk" or "living in Bangkok"- it actually is, what you are!

And the fact, that many people fight it or are scared to commit to it in public, is because of people like you, who don't understand or don't give #$@%!

Like another poster said: if you don't want a ladyboy or a gay or a woman or whatever to work for you, make some $4!t up, about "sorry...got another, more qualified person" or just politely decline, without any reason!

That is still discrimination, but at lest you are not so dumb to openly admit it!

So it´s better to lie, than to tell the truth? 

32 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

No one's pretending.

If a transgender woman wishes to be addressed as she, then I respect and accept that.

They know who they are..

Of course they know who they are, we all know who we are, it's what they are that is the subject.

Katoeys want everyone to pretend, just like they do, that they are women, that they are something that they are not.  They are not women, they are men, and if they cannot fit into a normal society because of their own choice to be abnormal, and their own pretence, that is no one's fault but their own and they should learn to live with it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1