Tot Adsl

longball53098

Hey,,,,,we all know the internet to the USA has had big issues over the last month.

My issues seemed to settle down over the last couple of weeks to no so bad. My TOT adsl line 128/256 supercyber line is working well.

But all of a sudden here in the last 36 hours I am having connection problems with sites in the US,,,,,,,mainly Yahoo but there are many other sites that I cannot get to on the first try and try refresh 5 or 10 times and might get through.

Is this a local problem or are there big problems with the lines to the US again?

If I switch over to my Hutch aircard it seems to work 100 percent of the time all be it is slower.

Anybody else noticed any connection issues today or yesterday that are more annoying than usual?

:o:D:D

Same with my connection. I have 1024 Goldcyber Service (!) with TOT and, for the last two days, I have received the notice "Server Not Found" most of the time. After a second or third retry, access to the site succeeds. Maybe the problem is associated with the on-going repairs to the damaged cable damage off Taiwan. Who knows!!

Same with my connection. I have 1024 Goldcyber Service (!) with TOT and, for the last two days, I have received the notice "Server Not Found" most of the time. After a second or third retry, access to the site succeeds. Maybe the problem is associated with the on-going repairs to the damaged cable damage off Taiwan. Who knows!!

:o

It seems to be worse today. I cannot get on sites to the US this morning. Tryig refresh is not doing the trick.

I started using my Hutch Aircard for positive connections,,,,,,,,,,,I don't understand why that works and TOT doesnn't work?

Don't they all use the same lines to the US?

Yes, the problem is solely with TOT ADSL and, I believe, it is affecting only those subscribers in the Jomtien area. I've just heard that there could be some damage to the local incoming TOT cable in Soi Chayapreuk. TOT are aware of the problem.

Yes, the problem is solely with TOT ADSL and, I believe, it is affecting only those subscribers in the Jomtien area. I've just heard that there could be some damage to the local incoming TOT cable in Soi Chayapreuk. TOT are aware of the problem.

Well I live in Naklua north of Bangkok hospital,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so it's more wide spread than Jometein.

I have had this issue for almost 3 days that I know of,,,,,,,,,,,,

Well I live in Naklua north of Bangkok hospital,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so it's more wide spread than Jometein.

I have had this issue for almost 3 days that I know of,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hi longball53098, maybe what I heard was just another TOT fob off then.........and the problem seems to be getting worse. What's it like with you at the moment?

I have the exact same problem here. TOT has told me in the past that all the repairs should be done by 30th, January...NOT!

and again...if someone has issues with the TOT internet connections, please PM me for the direct line to the TOT Vice President ADSL and some other helpful numbers and e-mail addresses. :D

:o:D:D

Well its now a few days later and my ADSL is back to what I call normal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I can hit almost any site I want with no real problems,,,,,,,,,not like a week ago for those few days.

I paid a visit to the local TOT office and asked the nice folks to check my line and connection for any issues and then I was out of town for a day or so and now since yesterday morning I am working good again,,,,,,,,,,,,I really don't know if they did anything or not but lets believe they did something,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

:D

TODAY, back to same old crap for me: on TOT ADSL can't get many USA websites, ThaiVisa and Google/GoogleMail doesn't come up. Finally switched to another server (university) and no problems. Anyone else having crap service today from TOT?

For fairness reasons:

It can happen that the DNS server in the router hangs up. So before yelling at TOT, switch off the router for ten seconds and restart it after. If it still doesn't work (don't forget to reconnect :o ), then it is TOT's DNS.

Easy DNS check: Type www.thaivisa.com into the browser. If you cannot connect, try the IP address which is 203.174.84.82 If Thaivisa comes up, TOT's DNS is down again...nothing uncommon.

Don't expect the engineers in Pattaya to understand you if you use technical terms such as "DNS", though...they will much rather answer you with a blank stare.

I live in BangSaen and my service has been very poor for about two weeks. Some sites I cannot access. Most of the time I must refresh 3-4 times, and use the back button several times to get a connection.

I will go to the TOT office today and complain and see what happens.

I pay 1000 Baht/month and my service is about as good as dial-up.

Mike

I live in Soi Nern Plubwaan and have used both the gold and silvercyber services from TOT... Currently on silvercyber as no appreciable speed difference to goldcyber but 300 baht cheaper.. Anyhow my ADSL conection has be slow or intermittant for over a week now.. Reseting the modem etc etc makes no difference... Lots of error pages and timeouts..I can access MSN messenger but not open hotmail..plus many many sites need to be refreshed 2 or 3 time for the pages to load correctly.. Worse my sat TV also relies on my ADSL connection to work correctly.. TOT sucks big time..

Friends have suggested TT&T but have heard others saying they are just as bad... I really don't care about the price I just want fast, reliable proper ADSL.... Even 4000 -5000 baht a Month would be okay..IF it only did what it was supposed to.. Not much chance I suppose..

Right now I'm using Dial-up via True internet.. Can't believe it loads faster than my TOT ADSL.... TIT !!!!

Edited by Pdaz

TOT adsl is crap! Mine has been down for two weeks. At first I had no internet at all, no blinking on the modem. They did send a tech out who just agreed it was not working and that I needed a new line, so much for trouble shooting. It's now working at a speed of 54, dial up speed and I pay for the goldcyber and should get up to 1024. I think the problem is likely in the TOT office, like they have me connected wrong or something, but if they won't troubleshoot, how the heck are they going to find it. I may have to cancel the whole thing and go back to a cybercafe, somehow they are always working. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it.