Fugitive Yingluck breaks silence to thank fans on birthday

snoop1130

Just now, Eric Loh said:

Ain’t you going to condemn the junta for paying 50 million baht and a monthly salary of 500,00 Baht to steal MPs. Not that long ago, you were condemning Thaksin for paying MPs salaries. Moral standard slipping B.B.

Yes. I condemn all forms of bribery and corruption. As I condemn those who flee to avoid justice or use their power and influence to avoid the consequences of illegal action.

Do you? 

9 minutes ago, bannork said:

However it seems some of the reds have left the reds.

Thantathorn's uncle, Suriya, has left and along with the other 2 's', Somsak Thepsuthin and Somkit Jatusripita, is busy trying to persuade other reds to leave too and join the arch enemy.. Of course lots of money helps too in their decision.

Will the voters turn down these traitors in the election or will they follow them?

And to top it all, a lot of the reds don't like the boss's choice of new leader, the not very red Sudarat.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Somkit Jatusripita put forward near the election as poster boy for the junta. He would present a lot softer image than the abrasive Prayuth.

Interesting times lie ahead, that's for sure.

You make some good points.

Despite the posts above, I am not really much of a fan of the 'Reds', but I would like to see the Thai people have their choices and that their choices be respected.

I find it disheartening that the Junta is bribing old-style politicians in search of support; I had (foolishly) hoped that they might do things a little differently... I have a feeling that the Thai people are tired of the old ways as well; old habits die hard, but I would not be surprised if this time some or all of the 'old-style' politicians did not win.

I agree that Somkit would be a softer face, but why would he agree to act as a puppet? Love him or hate him, he has built enough 'street cred' of his own; he doesn't need to stand in for another person.

Interesting times indeed!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Yes. I condemn all forms of bribery and corruption. As I condemn those who flee to avoid justice or use their power and influence to avoid the consequences of illegal action.

Do you? 

Don’t seem to me that you do much condemning the junta. In fact you seem delighted to hear that PTP MPs being bought over by the junta using tax payer monies. With a judiciary system that is so rotten that the world didn’t even want to cooperate, who really know whether they are real justice here. Just today, NACC drop the 2010 case. Another nail to the dubious judiciary system.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Just think what you can do when you have coup, make yourself the Supreme Being and have countless billions of other people money tp play with.

Why you could even scrap the counties constitution, have another written to your own specification, bring in your own special law and even postpone elections for years.

Yes - billions can't always buy you the immunity from the law, and secure your power over other equally rich if not richer opponents.

Nor can billions allow you to do whatever you want whenever you want.

It takes more than just money, as you've shrewdly alluded too.

4 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Don’t seem to me that you do much condemning the junta. In fact you seem delighted to hear that PTP MPs being bought over by the junta using tax payer monies. With a judiciary system that is so rotten that the world didn’t even want to cooperate, who really know whether they are real justice here. Just today, NACC drop the 2010 case. Another nail to the dubious judiciary system.

The Justice System, which I have posted on many occasions, need some serious reforms. Case are progressed or not, for seemingly biased reasons that have nothing to do with justice. And that was just as true throughout the Shin regimes and before.

So do you condemn the whole system or do you just think it's only the Junta?

40 minutes ago, Robbess said:

And if the reds were really in power Thailand would end up just like Greece - in debt, and banker owned. If someone cheated to get rid of them, they should be thanked.

It  beggars belief that some can't see that. Had the Shins got their hands on a 2.2 trillion baht loan, which they were trying to also keep off budget and away from parliamentary scrutiny, the debt burden on future generations would've been massive. And that was just the start.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

So do you condemn the whole system or do you just think it's only the Junta?

Let's discuss this after we have an elected government. Simply put, I don't trust any government that is not elected and came in illegitimately. By the way, you think there is separation power in this junta government? 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

It  beggars belief that some can't see that. Had the Shins got their hands on a 2.2 trillion baht loan, which they were trying to also keep off budget and away from parliamentary scrutiny, the debt burden on future generations would've been massive. And that was just the start.

Some talent you got in making assumption. The 2.2 trillion will be quite a steal from the current ballooning infrastructure spending in excess of 3 trillion. Don't you think so? 

• Like 1

A fairly substantial number of posts have been removed for multiple reasons.

Bickering, baiting, trolling and generally being off topic.

A number of replies have also been taken down and I apologise to those whose posts were good, but in reply to a troll.

To be fair, I edited a couple of replies, to just remove the original troll post where possible.

This took quite a bit of time, so I would appreciate it if you could quit with the insults, and stick to the topic.

Because I am such a nice man, I am offering free posting holidays for a few days to anyone who can't understand this.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Yes - billions can't always buy you the immunity from the law, and secure your power over other equally rich if not richer opponents.

Nor can billions allow you to do whatever you want whenever you want.

It takes more than just money, as you've shrewdly alluded too.

It is working well for the junta so far.

I was talking with my wife and our Thai neighbour  and we came to the opinion that the next election, whenever it may be, doesn't really matter because the winner is a foregone conclusion, but the one after really does matter.

IMHO there will be bad times for Thailand over the next few years and I am certain that blood will be spilled. Whose and how much I have no way of knowing, but it will end badly for all sides. Unfortunately for the current government they cannot keep stamping on the hot spots, nor unlike 1973 will they be able to "contain" the news however hard they may try.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2018 at 5:41 PM, Samui Bodoh said:

would like to see the Thai people have their choices and that their choices be respected.

Not going to happen while the military remain in control - even though it may be "behind the scenes" (Prayut's version of Thai democracy). :sad:

On 6/22/2018 at 10:53 AM, Horace said:

I don't understand the obsession with the Shinawatras.  A member of the family is spotted in London, and a picture is featured on the front page of every newpaper, but are they really that important? 

Compare how often you see a picture of a Shiniwatra abroad with how often you see a picture of the Red Bull heir who is alleged to have killed a police officer in a hit and run accident.  Pictures of him abroad are rare in Thailand, while if a Shiniwatra merely goes shopping for groceries there is a front page picture. Yes, they were a powerful political family.  But do they really enjoy that much political power now?   

Is this intentional or just lazy reporting?  

You are missing the point. The papers are not allowed to report freely on the Shinawatras. That is the point.

18 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

You are missing the point. The papers are not allowed to report freely on the Shinawatras. That is the point.

They are not allowed to report on 'many things' even though they may be real! :sad:

Citizens, establishment and tourism must be protected at all costs. 

• Like 1