Video: Easier than going to a shoe shop! Thai's steal tourist's shoes at Wat Doi Suthep

webfact

Video: Easier than going to a shoe shop! Thai's steal tourist's shoes at Wat Doi Suthep

!PM.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Social media was in uproar yesterday after a Thai family were seen stealing a Chinese tourist's expensive shoes at the temple of Wat Doi Suthep in Chiang Mai.

The mum and dad with their child were caught on CCTV. Mum takes off her shoes and these are put in a bag by dad.

Then they come back and mum selects the best she can find - a 3,500 baht pair of sneakers - from the rack.

Then off they go home on a motorbike. A good day's work done!

Guide Pensri Chokchaimongkhonkit said it happened Wednesday. Her tour group customer had to go back to the hotel shoe-less.

She has given the miscreants until Saturday to return the shoes - or they are going to the cops with the evidence.

Social media roundly condemned the couple.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-06-22

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

I was going to say soulless but that wouldn't be befitting.

Just goes to show how low they can go, I remember having on my 6,500 baht sport shoes when visiting a temple, and I was hesitant to leave them on the shoe rack, fortunately for me, I grabbed a plastic bag and put them in that, taking them with me.

This just confirms to me what is possible.

Low life's !!!

I never have that fear, a local could fit two of their little feet in one of my shoes.

• Like 1

Lol, my wife and I stopped into a Wat in Udon on our way back home from a friends family celebration.  I saw a "local" test driving a sharp pair of black Allen Edmonds wingtips, in front of the stairs of the temple....  I looked him in the eye, he tilted his head back, smiled a little smile, took the shoes off, delivered them to where I was standing and gently laid them at my feet.  My wife quietly gave the "local" a piece of her mind....

happened to my friend. was over from the UK and took him to the temple up in chiangmai. nike air max 90's. not shit copies from here. i said no it's fine mate, it's a temple, no one will touch them. came out and gone. had to get some lad to go shop and buy flip flops for him. that's really low stealing peoples shoes

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

happened to my friend. was over from the UK and took him to the temple up in chiangmai. nike air max 90's. not shit copies from here. i said no it's fine mate, it's a temple, no one will touch them. came out and gone. had to get some lad to go shop and buy flip flops for him. that's really low stealing peoples shoes

A few years ago I went across to Tachileik in Burma, at the Mae Sai border checkpoint.

I was standing standing near a shoe rack outside a temple when a middle-aged guy ran up with a stick, using it to beat up a young bloke.

Afterwards I asked another local what it was all about. He said it was the police, and had just seen the young guy stealing a pair of shoes from the rack.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluesofa said:

A few years ago I went across to Tachileik in Burma, at the Mae Sai border checkpoint.

I was standing standing near a shoe rack outside a temple when a middle-aged guy ran up with a stick, using it to beat up a young bloke.

Afterwards I asked another local what it was all about. He said it was the police, and had just seen the young guy stealing a pair of shoes from the rack.

good 555 little bugger

11 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

i might take this slightly off topic. i think it's kind of on topic but i'll soon know if the mods delete it. i see stealing someones shoes from a temple as akin to travellers in the uk who claim to be all christian but will quite happily steal the lead off the roof of the local church/chapel. it's just low

15 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

i might take this slightly off topic. i think it's kind of on topic but i'll soon know if the mods delete it. i see stealing someones shoes from a temple as akin to travellers in the uk who claim to be all christian but will quite happily steal the lead off the roof of the local church/chapel. it's just low

Actually, usually it's quite high - they need ladders.

24 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I'm worried, you seem to have inside knowledge...you don't sell clothes pegs do you?

no but i have some lucky heather. i'll inbox you my bank details.

Edited by Happy enough
spelling
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, lanista said:

Thais will blame foreigners for leaving their expensive shoes outside  temples which encourages poor locals to steal them.

Beat me to it :cheesy:

The headline should read:

Khun Social media was in uproar yesterday ONLY after a Thai family were seen got caught stealing. Outraged that someone should give away all our tricks :coffee1:

• Haha 2

A Frenchman stole my flip-flops from outside my guesthouse in Cambodia. Stupid idiot returned a few days later and I saw him wearing them. Took them back and told him that he was lower than doggy doo.