Mother cries foul after teacher humiliates son over unpaid school fee

webfact

5 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Blaming the child for the sins of the father?.....uncanny how they can always find SOMEONE to blame!

Maybe the teacher believe in the well known expression "like father, like son"....:whistling:

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, evadgib said:

I still recall this at the age of 6...

Image result for dunces cap

My 'crime' was to put up the wrong hand to answer a question after being ordered to "Put up your right hand , thats the one that you write with!".

I'm left handed ?

Shame on  you  for not adapting !

Joking. ?

My  brother  had  his  left  hand  tied to  his  waist  by a teacher to try and  force him  to  "Get  RightHanded   boy !  " ?

It  did not  work  and  our father soon  had  words to  prevent it  being  attempted  again.

They are not real teachers in most rural public schools. To qualify you just need to,pay someone at the school to get the position. No experience needed.. The only real Thai teachers with an education works for private schools. If you care for your kid , stay away from public schools.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BEVUP said:

Absolutely nothing to do with the Teacher or the child 

This is between the Parents & the School administration 

I disagree, it has everything to do with the actions of the teacher... the child obviously has issues at home with parents marital situation.... why humiliate the child further in front of all his school friends !!!

The teacher should have asked questions first to find out the real reason for non-payment before doing what they did... pure callous action with no thought towards the young boy  !!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scorecard said:

Yes it seems there's some marital problems and yes the parents should show some adult behavior and get it paid.

But that's not the point. The specific subject of this thread is the teachers' very improper humiliation of the small boy.

Sadly, as in many cases it is the innocent children that end up as pawns in the adult games and on the receiving end of adult disputes. As in marital, the reckless attitudes of so-called mature adults and even immigration, as what's happening in America at the moment.

This is why children require the support of a proper functioning family unit, such as a father on the scene, the protector. It`s a very sad state of affairs and always the children that pay the price. In the case of the OP, the teacher should be sacked but this is not going to change the situation that the mother is unable to pay for school fees. It`s now become a harsh highly competitive, highly commercial world, can`t pay, then go away and this is a sad sign of our times. Welcome to the real world.

18 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Sadly, as in many cases it is the innocent children that end up as pawns in the adult games and on the receiving end of adult disputes. As in marital, the reckless attitudes of so-called mature adults and even immigration, as what's happening in America at the moment.

This is why children require the support of a proper functioning family unit, such as a father on the scene, the protector. It`s a very sad state of affairs and always the children that pay the price. In the case of the OP, the teacher should be sacked but this is not going to change the situation that the mother is unable to pay for school fees. It`s now become a harsh highly competitive, highly commercial world, can`t pay, then go away and this is a sad sign of our times. Welcome to the real world.

Not in many cases - ALWAYS...

• Like 1

There was a PE teacher who thought my son's hair was too long and he took a pair of scissors and removed a lot of hair that everybody was laughing at him.

The next day I went to see the teacher and told him that I'd shave his hair in a way that his mom wouldn't recognize him anymore and he stopped doing that to him.

But he soon had another victim. A parents meeting then solved the problem. He's now working at another school. 

There's no excuse for doing something like that. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

Stick a 'Probe' in the Teachers rectum with a flag on it with the message   ''I will not abuse my Students''  on it and see if that helps !

Why would you help him to get off? 

Seems like some of you may want to read the whole thread

Especially # 41 

But I may have been thinking to far in advance for some ( not of the actual moment of the sticker ). Maybe some of you have been here to long 

13 minutes ago, Spock said:

Really can't see how you can even attempt to justify the teacher's actions. However much the school needs the money the child was unnecessarily and cruelly humiliated.

As you can see, not only some Thai teachers have got some mental problems. You can't load the crap on kids. 

Edited by jenny2017
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, fdimike said:

A Thai friend of mine told me once that the only people who become teachers are those who can't do anything else.  That doesn't say much for the Thai education system.

don't become police?  close tie

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CanuckThai said:

A really sad situation for the kid to be put in.  Whether the mother or father was supposed to pay the fee, why torment/belittle a child if it's late.  

Just another day in LOS...

They should do the same withThai men who beat women.

Gamble the family money away.

Have another on the side. 

Same all the bus and truckdrivers who kill and maim on the road. 

A big sign around thier necks.

I beat my wife.

I drive dangerously. 

I gamble the family money away.

If they do this to a child for 700 baht. 

Maybe a ball and chain around the leg too....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shy coconut said:

Are you a typical kiwi?

I thought it was us poms who do nothing but whinge.

Ah, half pom perhaps. And I do so enjoy a good whinge. Keeps me sane.

I really don't know who's going to look after the world when I'm gone. I saw a cartoon the that effect on someone's wall years ago, never been able to find it again, which is a shame. Sort of  a defining caricature I suppose.

On the other hand, what would you expect me to do about Prayuth? Clap and cheer?

Edited by KiwiKiwi

10 hours ago, upu2 said:

Why are people and places that hit the headlines for the wrong reasons never named? It is this kind of cover up that allows these people to continue doing this. Name and shame. They thought they were big enough to perform these actions so let the world know who these people and institutions are who consider themselves to be so good

Why? Because they can sue for damaging their reputation. It matters not at all that the criticism is justified and true. The law is there to prevent loss of face, and that is often more important in Thailand than life itself. Many have died over it.

• Like 2

Just the other day, we had a teacher who made girls walk around without their underwear, now this.

Perhaps P Prayut and Big Joke should start raiding schools and Thai teachers if either of them want this country to change or move forward.

Keep in mind, this is what we know, how about all the incidents that we do not know and do not make it to the social media, rest assured those are not isolated one offs

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Spock said:

Really can't see how you can even attempt to justify the teacher's actions. However much the school needs the money the child was unnecessarily and cruelly humiliated.

This tag parent to get out of paying is a clever get out of paying scam. He says she should pay, she says he should pay. The person that is owed and the poor kid is stuck in the middle. Often times the person that is owed gives up and says never mind. Which is the goal of the parents. I have seen this little scam often. Funnily enough, a lot of stingy rich people do it. 

Don't be so gullible. 

I'm not and neither is the teacher. 

Well done. 

• Sad 1