Petchaburi Brit tops the overstay list in latest crackdown on foreign criminals

webfact

On 6/22/2018 at 11:03 AM, NCC1701A said:

I wonder how they located Mr. Laverack?

Petchaburi is very off the radar.

A tip-off, perhaps he was working on the side and got dobbed in.

Anyway, a year isn't huge given the lethargy of the police, there's a Swiss guy near us who claims to have been here for 20 years on an overstay. Married, kids, small farm and crooked as you might like - a real bandito.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, colinneil said:

There are many posters on here who think they are whiter than white, never dropped litter, never jay walked.

Some posters on here have absolutely no idea what they are talking about, but spout off anyway, in doing so they make themselves look stupid.

Reading your post it looks like you are 1 of them.

Collin I think his joking and you've bitten. ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, taipan1949 said:

Yes, you should have been deported. You were ILLEGAL. People of all countries have forgotten what this word actually means. You are a guest when you have a Visa, you overstay then you are ILLEGAL.

Good job he's not an overstaying Muslim or a homosexual.  If that were the case, presumably you'd be all up for him being taken out into the jungle and shot? 555

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well if there were prizes for stupid comments, you would get first prize.

I posted that comment just to show this nonsense even if they are 10 days overstay deport them.

Now you just jumped in without thinking, because as most members are aware, 4 years ago i was in a coma, unaware of anything.

So not able to get to immigration to do my extension.

Considering that he did not necessarily know your circumstances (and not all of us follow your posts as avidly as you might like to think that we do!) it wasn't such a "stupid comment".  But yours was for assuming he should know your situation 4 years ago.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Never used to be a problem. 

Thailand was a much better and more fun place 20 to 30 years ago before all the draconian enforcement started.

Glad I was here to enjoy it and not this Orwellian nightmare devoid of any fun that it seems to be these days. 

Bless you father

• Haha 1

There are many posters on here who think they are whiter than white, never dropped litter, never jay walked.
Some posters on here have absolutely no idea what they are talking about, but spout off anyway, in doing so they make themselves look stupid.
Reading your post it looks like you are 1 of them.

You’re about the only person in this thread that directly insults people. It’s an open forum for discussions and opinions.

Have you considered anger management classes / a stay in your local temple or meditation to help with your aggression?

Hopefully ( with the help of others ) you can conquer this affliction.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 6/22/2018 at 6:05 PM, phantomfiddler said:

A very short overstay indeed. An old friend, alas long passed away, did 20 years over, and all it took was 1 night in jail, a court appearance and 20,000Bht fine, and off he went back to U.S.

This crackdown is indeed relatively recent since 2016. In 2014, I was able to clear an 11-year overstay by paying the fine and returning a few days later. Hope this doesn't cause a stroke amongst some of the posters on here. Just to expand, since clearing that overstay have been here on different visas and never been questioned since about it or had difficulties entering/exiting, obtaining visas or extending them....but that was before the "crackdown"....enjoy your weekend, as I am!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gilo said:

This crackdown is indeed relatively recent since 2016. In 2014, I was able to clear an 11-year overstay by paying the fine and returning a few days later. Hope this doesn't cause a stroke amongst some of the posters on here. Just to expand, since clearing that overstay have been here on different visas and never been questioned since about it or had difficulties entering/exiting, obtaining visas or extending them....but that was before the "crackdown"....enjoy your weekend, as I am!

You seem to take great delight in possibly getting some posters perturbed about your overstay , I dont see why you add about your 18 year girlfriend at university and who is sole heir to the Chang beer business  

8 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

He had been here 187 days over his visa, ahead of a Vietnamese on 165 days and a Myanmar national in third place

My friend's friend has been here for 18,700 days on overstay, Mr. Joke. 

more then 51 years overstay,he is more Thai then most Thai.

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You seem to take great delight in possibly getting some posters perturbed about your overstay , I dont see why you add about your 18 year girlfriend at university and who is sole heir to the Chang beer business  

a simple search will prove the veracity of my story....as to how perturbed people get, that is entirely their own concern.

5 minutes ago, gilo said:

a simple search will prove the veracity of my story....as to how perturbed people get, that is entirely their own concern.

Lets hope that someone doubts your story , then you can prove them wrong , imagine what a victory that would be for you .

It would be really great if the 70 year old who is getting deported for a 180 day overstay could log into this thread , then you could really rub it in about your 11 year overstay

9 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Considering that he did not necessarily know your circumstances (and not all of us follow your posts as avidly as you might like to think that we do!) it wasn't such a "stupid comment".  But yours was for assuming he should know your situation 4 years ago.

The cure for that would of been to read the whole thread a bit of a ask for some I know

Edited by oldlakey

3 hours ago, oldlakey said:

The cure for that would of been to read the whole thread a bit of a ask for some I know

I have some affection for the cranky old bugger, but your 'cure' is disingenuous. 

• Ol' Colin did not explain his extenuating circumstances when he initially posed the 'should I have been kicked out for a 35 day overstay?' question....the understandably extenuating circumstances of his coma only came out later when some posters reacted to his initial post...which failed to include this rather important information!
Edited by mgthom63

2 hours ago, Cereal said:

Here's an idea. If you're caught on an overstay, you get jail time equivalent to the overstay and then deported and banned for life. 

So a seven-day overstay equals seven days in the Bangkok Hilton, deportation and a ban for life? 

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable idea to me!

I personally think that might be going a little too soft on these despicable criminals...I'm all for a Duterte-like extra-judicial execution of these vagabonds.

Regards, Henry Root

Edited by mgthom63

4 hours ago, mgthom63 said:

I have some affection for the cranky old bugger, but your 'cure' is disingenuous. 

• Ol' Colin did not explain his extenuating circumstances when he initially posed the 'should I have been kicked out for a 35 day overstay?' question....the understandably extenuating circumstances of his coma only came out later when some posters reacted to his initial post...which failed to include this rather important information!

Yes even i  agree with you, but as i pointed out to you in my pm, the poster that i quoted was fully aware of my situation.

Then after i posted he went silent.

Edited by colinneil
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, mgthom63 said:

So a seven-day overstay equals seven days in the Bangkok Hilton, deportation and a ban for life? 

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable idea to me!

I personally think that might be going a little too soft on these despicable criminals...I'm all for a Duterte-like extra-judicial execution of these vagabonds.

Regards, Henry Root

I cannot see any reason barring the outrageous for ever having an overstay. The outrageous being you're in a coma or some such thing. 

14 hours ago, oldlakey said:

Reading the part of the thread that had been posted before he posted his comment would not "of" [sic] helped at all as colinneil had not mentioned his medical condition up to that stage.

Edited by Just Weird
  • Haha 1

On 6/22/2018 at 11:02 AM, chippendale said:

187 days is nothing.

I bet there are still guys hiding out on 10+ years overstay. Award a gold Rolex to the cop who rugby tackles him.

When I first got here there were people who had overstayed by decades and had never bothered doing visa runs or address reports .... 

They times they are a changing....... 

He's 70 years old.  Not exactly a security threat I suspect - possibly a village saver! His visa type isn't clear. I hope something can be worked out and some future support provided to help him keep up to date. I don't know the guy but it sounds he is living remotely, possibly in a Thai dependent environment. If immigration authorities are so capable of reading overstay alerts on their computers, why wait 187 days to find him? 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2018 at 11:02 AM, chippendale said:

187 days is nothing.

I bet there are still guys hiding out on 10+ years overstay. Award a gold Rolex to the cop who rugby tackles him.

For sure

I know and 8 year plus guy near me! ?