Conflict monkeys released into nature off Phuket coast

rooster59

Conflict monkeys released into nature off Phuket coast

monkey.png

The Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plants Conservation has started to release the first batch of 80 monkeys on Koh Payu islet off Phuket coast in its effort to solve the human-monkey conflict.

They are among the total 169 monkeys, all neutered, that were caught from seven places in Phuket where local people complained of troubles caused by these animals.

The seven conflict places are Ban Tharua Bangrong, Ban Yamoo, King Kaew Soi 9,  Khao Rang,  Khao To Seh, Koh Surin, and Soi Thachin community.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/conflict-monkeys-released-nature-off-phuket-coast/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-06-23

17 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Not trying to play stupid here, but if they are all neutered / spayed, these 160 monkeys will die off in a few years and then the "brilliant campaign" starts over again? 

Am I missing something?

A bit of a cracking idea I think, you move the trouble while ensuring they die out to make room for the next draft

Nobody is going to rumble this not even the monkey supporters but I would have kept it quiet that they were jaffas etc, and just claimed it was the stress of overstay and deportation

Edited by oldlakey