Woman dies in Phuket Town road smash

webfact

Woman dies in Phuket Town road smash

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

50234.jpg

A woman is reported dead following an accident in Phuket Town this morning (June 26).

The Phuket City Police were notified of the incident at 5.30am at an intersection in front of Phuketthaihua Asean Wittaya School on Wichit Songkram Road in Phuket Town.

Police and rescue workers arrived at the scene to find a damaged motorbike, a car, a van and two pickup trucks.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/woman-dies-in-phuket-town-road-smash

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-06-26

That motorbike is totally destroyed.

Somebody, the car driver, the bike rider or somebody else involved has been hitting the hard stuff to cause this carnage, I'd wager, 5:30am is the clue.

8 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Somebody, the car driver, the bike rider or somebody else involved has been hitting the hard stuff to cause this carnage, I'd wager, 5:30am is the clue.

Care to share then Clue-seau?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

5.30am is not an uncommon time to be starting the day here. Off to market, plantations etc... There was definitely some excessive speed involved though !

I wouldnt be too  sure about excessive speed  personally, years ago I was hit at 30mph whilst stationary waiting at a  junction, the retard  that hit me had no insurance etc but afterwards I could not close the  doors  of   my  car (Astra) as it has concertinaed the car enough to overlap them, even better it was an August 1st Brand  new car and Id  done 8  miles in it driving it  home. Cars are designed to fold up these  days with not  much impact speed.

8 hours ago, Briggsy said:

I think we can eliminate the van going in reverse 90kph

1 hour ago, kannot said:

I wouldnt be too  sure about excessive speed  personally, years ago I was hit at 30mph whilst stationary waiting at a  junction, the retard  that hit me had no insurance etc but afterwards I could not close the  doors  of   my  car (Astra) as it has concertinaed the car enough to overlap them, even better it was an August 1st Brand  new car and Id  done 8  miles in it driving it  home. Cars are designed to fold up these  days with not  much impact speed.

Jonah