Tourists harassed by police on Koh Phangan, road blocks, piss tests, dogs search

He deserves this simply bc he was stupid enough to be on these gulf islands. Nothing but mafia.

Koh Tao - murder island

Maybe he should go to states, weed is legal most everywhere.

Stupid on two counts

Oh, rented motor bike - 3

what amazes me is these people come to Thailand and knowingly break the law which is usually the same law in their country of origin then they bitch about it when the police grab them. Really have to wonder at the mental capacity of these cretins, dope is illegal in Thailand(as is being over the limit), if you are going to ignore this fact and ride around on the roads you are an idiot and deserve to be caught. Use it privately and dont put yourself in a position where you will be caught, riding around after using while it is in your system is really stupid, they have no one to blame except themselves, just because you can bribe a cop means bugger all apart from them being very bloody lucky

to right if I was going to get on the gear I think doing in Australia is a lot  smarter 

jails better 

fines smaller 

and every thing else besides  that goes with it paying a bent copper yes please stop your whingeing fair bump play on 

On Phangahn, I recall back in 97 the bungalow I was staying at stop selling weed. This wasn't some craphole in Haad Rin but in the remote far north.

All the hopheads cried for a week but the owner was insistent the cops were on the island and we're going to make it worth their while.

So, about half dozen people left what was arguably the best bungalow in the gulf because they couldn't smoke weed.

They went elsewhere where evidently they could smoke and disregarded the warning.

Twenty years later people still don't have a clue.

9 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

On Phangahn, I recall back in 97 the bungalow I was staying at stop selling weed. This wasn't some craphole in Haad Rin but in the remote far north.

All the hopheads cried for a week but the owner was insistent the cops were on the island and we're going to make it worth their while.

So, about half dozen people left what was arguably the best bungalow in the gulf because they couldn't smoke weed.

They went elsewhere where evidently they could smoke and disregarded the warning.

By 2002 in the same place a guest house was still selling.  Owned by a cop needless to say.

On 7/15/2018 at 8:07 PM, Number 6 said:

He deserves this simply bc he was stupid enough to be on these gulf islands. Nothing but mafia.

Koh Tao - murder island

Maybe he should go to states, weed is legal most everywhere.

Stupid on two counts

Oh, rented motor bike - 3

A holiday in Disney Land with Michael Jackson would be it. 

Back on topic, it's hilarious that the cops are harassing junkies, and take their needles and pins away. 

7 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Any photos of the island from back then? Would be interested to see...

On 7/6/2018 at 1:27 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Most people know that it's not a good idea to use illegal drugs in LOS, and anyone that is stupid enough to do so here deserves to be inconvenienced, IMO.

This thread seems to have been written from the viewpoint that it's OK to break the law in a country with police that will take the opportunity to take money off lawbreakers, and somehow it's the police's fault for using the law to penalise such people.

I would have sympathy if drugs were planted to fit someone up, but that does not appear to be the case here.

Would the OP have been happier if his friend ended up in jail instead?

It is harassment when it is not in their official capacity.

Their official capacity is whatever they decide to make it. Anyone that doesn't understand that and wants to break the law shouldn't visit LOS.

If one doesn't want to take the chance of paying out 10,000 baht to get off a criminal conviction and being banged up, one shouldn't use illegal drugs in LOS, PERIOD.

Exactly if he went through the proper channels it would have been jail cell court then fine or up to 3 months in prison then deported

maybe he should have chosen that option but it would have cost him more 

On 7/17/2018 at 10:50 AM, Slip said:

Only my own eyes.

On 7/17/2018 at 10:50 AM, Slip said:

Only my own eyes.

Not good enough specially if you were out of your but at the time 

I remember previous accident with police blockage and drugs test, it was about 1 year ago when local police head changed. Usually they waiting at the top of new road that goes east from police station. And regularly staying in front of police station to catch helmetless people.

11 hours ago, kotique said:

I remember previous accident with police blockage and drugs test, it was about 1 year ago when local police head changed. Usually they waiting at the top of new road that goes east from police station. And regularly staying in front of police station to catch helmetless people.

Hello, are you talking about the Makro / BigC road ? I have never met them here.

Nope. It in new road that built 1-2 years ago. Started from police station to east and goes up to steep hill. Here bike cannot turn fast and cops almost invisible right before they catching driver.

Hello, are you talking about the Makro / BigC road ? I have never met them here.

On 7/15/2018 at 10:53 AM, LomSak27 said:

Ya missed a zero - 

10,000 Thai Baht equals
404.99 Australian Dollar

There ya go. Get stoned, pay 400 dollars thinking it's only 40 because you're stoned. Tell your mates it's 40 and then when they get stiffed for 400 tell them you still believe it was only 40.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/5/2018 at 2:10 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Some still haven't got the message.

And getting away with 10k is a good "deal".

And 10k is an official number for DUI.

Just that it usually goes through court.

An acquaintance was caught in Pattaya over the alc. limit (> 50mg/l) on a Friday afternoon. He was arrested at the police station.

Bail set to 20k which he did not have at hand.

Fortunately he could reach a friend who lend him the missing amount.

So got free with a court appearance on Monday.

Fine 10k and as far as I know he now has a criminal record.

I don't think DUI is a 'crime' here.  Misdemeanour.

• 1 month later...

Archived